Mudlet, svof and gmcp

I am dipping my toes into the wonderful world of Mudlet scripting and GMCP, and have a question about a script I'm working on.

I set up a custom tag in svof for use in a custom prompt. It's a simple one - tracks whether the vitality defense is up or down, and color-codes a "V" either red or green, as appropriate. I use regular triggers that look for the various vitality messages to set a variable, and change the colors based on the value of that variable.

I'd like to fine-tune this a bit and have it also recognize when vitality is off cooldown and ready to be put up again. I know that svof gives a message when it's ready and I was thinking I could just go off of that - but I can't find that specific bit of code (and believe me, I've looked.) I figure there might be a GMCP event of some sort that I could use, but I don't really know what to look for just yet.

Any ideas? Is this even possible? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    You could use a trigger to set up a tempTimer . Make sure to put in a failsafe on the tempTimer if you die (event svo died). There may also be an svo event which says vitality cooldown is over, but I don't know what it is, if it exists at all.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I have always used a variant of this:

Trigger: ^A surge of rejuvenating energy floods your system, healing your wounds\.$
    What to do with it:  

vitality_reset = false
    tempTimer(125, [[vitality_reset = true]])

It was incorporated into re-deffing, but now it just echoes back that it is available.

• Pretty sure there's a line for when you can put vitality up again.

• Cynlael said:
    Pretty sure there's a line for when you can put vitality up again.
    Isn't one
  • Correct, no line from Achaea. Svof gives a message, and while I would like to just add to that, I can't find the specific code.

@Caelan: Thanks, I had tried something like that as well, but as far as I could tell, the cooldown time seemed inconsistent. Is 125 seconds the set value for the cooldown, or is it somewhat random?

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    The cooldown is checked on a tick (maybe every 10-15 seconds?) so it's not exactly that, no.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Bah...I want PRECISION!!!

:)

• I'm pretty sure it's bang on 3 or 5 minutes (i forget which) from when it fires.

• Zbaco said:
    Correct, no line from Achaea. Svof gives a message, and while I would like to just add to that, I can't find the specific code.

@Caelan: Thanks, I had tried something like that as well, but as far as I could tell, the cooldown time seemed inconsistent. Is 125 seconds the set value for the cooldown, or is it somewhat random?
    It had been a while since I checked it (just transferred from ZMud to MUSH to Mudlet through the ages).  99% sure I averaged it and then made it so if it says I can't use VITALITY right now, I add 15 seconds and check again