What was your most frivolous Achaea purchase?

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    He has an atlatl addiction. Think that's about it.

I think my most frivolous purchase was that golden ink mill, which I'm still kind of regretting (should've got that painter's palette instead!)  since I don't think it's working the way it should.

• Krypton said:
    @Szanthax @Aereidhna Sell ships to meeeee. Let your frivolous expense become mineeeee!
    But I like my ship... I just have to figure out how to use it lol.

Oh... I know. Buying 2 lvl 3 flails a lvl3 bastard and a lvl3 warhammer, then trading them all in for priest.

• Krypton said:
    @Szanthax @Aereidhna Sell ships to meeeee. Let your frivolous expense become mineeeee!
    Nah, I'm trying to stop myself from buying a fourth. My ships are like my children. Except more numerous.
  • A golden gryphon that I then collared.

Had it deleted a few months ago to unclutter my inventory a bit, since I basically never used it.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    A golden gryphon that I then collared.

Had it deleted a few months ago to unclutter my inventory a bit, since I basically never used it.
    Monster!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Skye said:
    He has an atlatl addiction. Think that's about it.

I think my most frivolous purchase was that golden ink mill, which I'm still kind of regretting (should've got that painter's palette instead!)  since I don't think it's working the way it should.
    I just made a regular mill nondecay with a figurine.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Yeah I should've done the same, but I've had the mill for way too long for a refund.

• Xaden said:
    Sarathai said:
    A golden gryphon that I then collared.

Monster!
    I have much more awesome mounts now.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Actually, was probably buying wings, seeing as I had no intention of buying them and didn't remember purchasing them the next morning.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Actually, was probably buying wings, seeing as I had no intention of buying them and didn't remember purchasing them the next morning.
    I have to say, they were the best credits I've ever spent. But, can imagine if you did so drunkenly there may be some regrets.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Xaden said:
    Ahmet said:
    I have to say, they were the best credits I've ever spent. But, can imagine if you did so drunkenly there may be some regrets.
    Yes, the lot upstairs were wonderful (as they always are), and refunded me after a few days.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Why would you ever trade in wings? They are the single best purchase anyone can make.
    Aegoth said:
    Why would you ever trade in wings? They are the single best purchase anyone can make.
    For someone who doesn't fight, already has sprint/wormholes, keeps his wormholes up to date, and has some of the best kept maps? Level 2 lash for hunting was a much better choice.
    Huh. Neat.
  • But....
    Jiggly or firm?
    Huh. Neat.
  • He likes his steaks firm... GOT EM!
  • Patroklos said:
    I bought a girl in Achaea wings and an SoA, because I thought there was something there. Turns out I was just young, infatuated, and not thinking clearly. :/
    We have a winner! (So sorry about your loss :( )

• Where's Seftin?
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Aereidhna said:
    My ships are like my children.
    Then we should make an arrangement to begin some child labor ;)
  • Lets see.. Use half a million to build a house fit for a family and still haven't gotten around to furnishing it properly?
  • 1200ish on a custom pet. I -love- it and don't regret it, but it wasn't definitely frivolous. It's useful for me in raiding too.

• Krypton said:
    Aereidhna said:
    My ships are like my children.
    Then we should make an arrangement to begin some child labor ;)
    I mean, you're cool people, you could just ask to borrow one from time to time IC!
  • edited October 2016
    Traded 1 lvl 2 band to go Runewarden (rebought it). Traded a level 3 band to go Serpent (rebought it, too).
    Traded in 3 Lupines, 2 SoAs (rebought), 1 buckawns (talisman, didn't buy, fk those things)
    Traded in 3 lvl 1 gauntlets (rebought)

Buying a set of forged rapiers for $150.

My first artie purchase on the game was an earring, lol.

Sometimes the thought is maddening how much I've wasted!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited October 2016
    I have also purchased and traded in lupine bow and SoA like 3 times each. 

Biggest purchase though is:
    war galley: 10,000,000
    Non weapon equipment: 510,000
    weapons: 1,965,000
    nondecay/resetting 400cr
    7 weapon racks: 1,400cr
    lvl 2 cook: 400cr
    Cartographer's desk 350cr
    neat pail talisman: 30cr
    9 out of subs rooms, 3 doors, 1 chess table, library token, bookcase. 

House still needs much more fleshing out (need to hire a designer) and waiting impatiently with 475cr in hand to buy a bed when they decide to make them purchasable again. 

111gp/hour crew upkeep + food stores. 

No regrets
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Logosian gauntlets as a priest (back in 2006?). I kept them for about two months before trading them along with my orb of concealment (also useless) for a veil.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • I wish we could see our full credit history

• Datrius said:
    Szanthax said:
    I wish we could see our full credit history
    Please no.
    Man I would be so sad. 
  • Morthif said:
    Datrius said:
    Szanthax said:
    I wish we could see our full credit history
    Please no.
    Man I would be so sad. 
    A certain friend would demand to see it and then start yelling at me.