Character Retirements

2»

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Taraus said:
    You said your leadership position was only temporary, right?

Just stall & wait until they make it permanent, THEN go dormant. Duh.
    The first rule of becoming a Sartai

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Taraus said:
    You said your leadership position was only temporary, right?

Just stall & wait until they make it permanent, THEN go dormant. Duh.
    Well the one with Aegis Collegium is temporary, yeah. This one with the Hunstmaster in the Heartwood? They're stuck with me. Muhahahahahaha
  • Trey said:

(couldn't resist)
    I left for 9 years because of crap like that. Actually left, not moved to another character. I played briefly on an alt but this is the character I like to play. Whenever I made a try at coming back, someone would bring it up again. If I stayed in the forums and didn't log in, people would tell me to quit the forums too. The admin ? Said it wasn't harassment.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Datrius said:
    But what if I don't want to?
    Don't worry. @Sarathai is still around. It is not such a solid tradition.
  • Oceana said:
    Datrius said:
    But what if I don't want to?
    Don't worry. @Sarathai is still around. It is not such a solid tradition.
    If I decided to leave Artemis would zap me back to Minia just on principle.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I don't regret retiring any characters. But even though they increased the transfer window from 15 to 30 days, it's still not enough time to know whether or not you want to drop a massive investment into an alt.  That's where I have regrets. ;)
  • Xaden said:
    Vender said:
    i like that when you do switch cities here, you do the city tasks again to get familiar with the city instead of having to go through lots of scrolls
    It's great! I still have a Targ city task to do: Join a Targossian House.

...i'm the head of novices of the Dawnblade...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    You're welcome.
  • Korben said:
    Trey said:

(couldn't resist)
    I left for 9 years because of crap like that. Actually left, not moved to another character. I played briefly on an alt but this is the character I like to play. Whenever I made a try at coming back, someone would bring it up again. If I stayed in the forums and didn't log in, people would tell me to quit the forums too. The admin ? Said it wasn't harassment.
    I'm not trying to tell you how you should feel about that situation, but I think it would have gone away if you had reacted differently to it. Laughing it off and agreeing "yeah that was pretty funny" even if you didn't mean it would've taken half of the fun out of bringing it up in the first place