--- Area 67: Cyrene -------------------------

[ ]
              |
             [_]
              |
             [ ]

[ ]-[+]-[^]

--- The Hall of Shields ----------- 0:0:1 ---
Crafted of austere grey marble and removed from the general tumult of the remainder of the estate, 
this grand hall offers a place of respite and reflection. Slender pillars along the northern 
perimeter frame a view of the proving grounds; their ancient stones and rustic bearing a stark 
contrast to the refined elegance of this elevated area. The southern wall is lined with silver 
shields, emblazoned with the heraldry and deeds of the select few members of the Vashnarian Shield 
who have earned a place of honour there. Spanning the breadth of the hall, a scrupulously clean 
crimson velvet carpet leads to a simple stone dais. Page Owen stands here at attention. A runic 
totem is planted solidly in the ground. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on 
the ground. A heavy manuscript has been chained to an ornate pedestal upon the stone dais. A 
crystalline golem stands here. Volunteer Svadis is here. He wields a sooty steel banded shield in 
his left hand and a small blackjack in his right. The Silver Dragon Kandra's imposing form looms. 
Tysora Darkwind-Alexandrian-Dawyn is here. She wields a lovely cavalry shield in her left hand. She 
is surrounded by one reflection of herself. Shield Lancer Keorin is here. She wields a ceremonial 
staff bearing a double-headed eagle in her left hand. Sentry Grilni Alexandrian-Dawyn is here. He 
wields an elemental staff in his left hand and a Shield of Absorption in his right. Volunteer Tsi is 
here.
You see exits leading east, west, and down.

(Keorin)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She is a winged atavian. Standing at about average height, she holds herself with a simple, balanced 
grace. Her skin is a light tan, unblemished except for a thin tattoo of a band of fire around her 
left wrist. She has a lean build with distinct female curves, while obvious muscles show that she is 
no stranger to physical excercise. Her face is almost perpetually curved up in a slight smile, with 
her small nose causing her light brown eyes to appear larger. Her black hair, allowed to grow just a 
bit messy, falls to slightly below the shoulder blades, where the tips end in a bright red. Two 
large wings emerge from her back, the plumage a mottled brown that fades into red at the tips.

She is wearing:
   a soot-covered suit of lightweight leather armour
   a red cotton shirt with black trim
   a pleated black skirt with silk accents
   sandy brown leather sandals with ivy vine accents
   a glittering ring of vitality
   an Aldar Diadem
   an etched steel manica
   a ring of flying

Misc:
   a blackened medallion of crossed swords

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Adeleine)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She is a winged atavian. Adeleine's Arcadian heritage is evident in her iridescent bluish-gray wings 
and the striking vibrancy of her blue-green eyes. She is tall and statuesque, with a decidedly 
athletic build, always holding herself with a measure of pride. Pale, but not unpleasantly so, her 
skin bears only a few blemishes: a freckle here, a recently-healed cut there. Her hair, moderately 
dark, falls just past her shoulders in pronounced waves; she keeps her fringe out of her eyes with a 
simple silver hairclip. A rune shaped like a mighty oak has been sketched onto her. A rune 
resembling an elk has been sketched onto her. A rune like a lion has been sketched onto her.

She is wearing:
   an etched suit of Vashnari field plate
   a blue woollen cloak
   a pair of soft leather boots
   a sturdy combat glove

Weapon holders:
   a rugged brown leather scabbard
   a rugged brown leather scabbard

Containers:
   a canvas backpack

Staff in hand, Keorin walks up onto the dais, motioning for you to join her.

You have emoted: With a quiet nod, Adeleine accompanies Keorin onto the dias. Her cloak billows 
between her wings as she takes several prideful steps upwards, turning to face her.

Keorin nods to you, smiling as she turns to face you.

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "Volunteer, already you have laboured hard in your 
training, but these are only the first steps of a Shieldarm, down a hard path tread by onlythe 
strongest and bravest."

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "You have done this not because you were ordered to, but 
because you chose to. We begin our service in the Vashnarian Shield as 'Volunteers', because we are 
so; not conscripts pressed into service unwillingly, but noble souls willing to sacrifice it all so 
that others may live in."

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "We stand strong, willing to fight and die for a world 
where war and bloodshed is not the reality that peaceful fold must bear upon their shoulders."

You have emoted: An ingrained trait of her noble upbringing, Adeleine stands with refined, regal 
posture, doing her best to look as dignified as possible. She listens as Keorin speaks, remaining 
silent, keeping her chin up and breastplate out.

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "We bleed so that they do not have to, anointing Cyrene's 
sovereign soil with our lives so that she remains free, remains peaceful."

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "And so, Volunteer, it is time to make these unspoken 
oaths spoken."

Keorin gestures to the tome, light glinting off her manica-clad arm.

You have emoted: Though she tries to contain her emotions, the unmistakable hint of a smile on 
Adeleine's face is fleetingly visible as Keorin and her begin the oath.

With reverance, you place your hand upon a heavy manuscript.

Keorin turns slightly to slightly face the crowd, as she begins to recite the oath.

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "I am the shield against the sword."

You say with a distinguished Arcadian accent, "Come one or come many, I stand ready to hold the pass."

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "I am the cloak against the storm."

You say with a distinguished Arcadian accent, "Take shelter in my presence, I am the Valley's walls."

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "On the blood of my brothers, on the blood of my sisters."

You say with a distinguished Arcadian accent, "I swear this oath, to carry you to victory, or lay 
beside you in defeat."

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "To my comrades, to my countrymen."

You say with a distinguished Arcadian accent, "According to my station, I serve you all without 
exception."

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "With unrelenting purpose,."

You say with a distinguished Arcadian accent, "I bleed and spill blood on your behalf, that you may 
live in peace."

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "In the name of Cyrene and its senate."

You say with a distinguished Arcadian accent, "I will not fail in this."

Keorin's voice grows just a bit louder, as she casts her gaze among the assembled audience, before 
settling it once more on you.

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "Ever loyal."

You have emoted: Adeleine matches Keorin's tone, taking a breath of pride, or perhaps elation.

You say with a distinguished Arcadian accent, "Beyond my dying breath."

Kandra flashes you a joyous smile.

Keorin nods firmly to Adeleine, offering a smile before turning to face the crowd.

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "Please congratulate Adeleine, who has spoken her vow, 
and attained the rank of Sentry."

Grilni says in a raspy baritone voice, "Good job, Sentry."

Svadis gives you a wild cheer!

Shield Commander Kandra Dawyn's breath crackles and sparks as she says, "Well done, Sentry!"

Svadis says in a low, gravelly voice, "Well done."

Tsi congratulates you with some wild clapping.

You have emoted: Adeleine allows herself to break. A broad, beaming smile creeps across her face and 
she breathes out every last ounce of stress and uncertainty in her body.

You say with a distinguished Arcadian accent, "Ah, thank you all, so much."

Keorin says in an energetic, upbeat voice, "The rest of you are dismissed. If you could follow me, 
sentry?"

You nod your head emphatically.