Nexus client - map window

Hello! 

I was wondering if there is a way to keep my map (inside its window in the nexus client) zoomed out since it always zooms in after I alt - tab, and I really prefer to see more rooms at the cost of their size.

Thanks in advance :)  

Comments

• +1

I wish there was a zoom that was constant.
  • I prefer the map keeping my manually set zoom (which is usually max zoom out). This feature is quite needed, please.
  • @Zahan designed an awesome package that lets you set the map zoom and also change the row and column widths. It works great for me! 

https://achaeazahan.github.io/

• edited May 2017
    Laedha said:
    @Zahan designed an awesome package that lets you set the map zoom and also change the row and column widths. It works great for me! 

https://achaeazahan.github.io/

Thanks. I discovered the Mapmod seriously lags on Microsoft Edge, i.e. every room movement freezes the client for about 1000ms. Tried it in Internet Explorer - works fine.

Edit: my bad, Internet Explorer lags just as much, it didn't have the Mapmod installed when I tried it.

Edit2: Chrome don't have the lag.
  • I've only used chrome and haven't noticed a speed difference at all, odd.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Mapmod itself definitely shouldn't cause any extra lag.  

The core of the zoom-setting, actually doesn't add any code.  It just rewrites the client function, with a variable as the value for map.zoom instead of the integer 10.

The window resizing is only done when the entire interface redraws, which only happens on tab-over or if you resize your browser window.

It pulls some data from gmcp and inserts some text for the area name, but compared to everything else the client does by default, that's not even a needle in a haystack.

I might be missing something though.  If you have definitely pinned down the lag to mapmod, I'd love to chat more with you about it.  That means I messed something up.  I'm in the discord group, or forum/game msg is fine too.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod