Custom Designs

Hi everyone! I don't really know where else to put this, so I hope it's in the right place. Recently I did custom armour design for Proficy, which I found to actually be really enjoyable. I want to start up a tailoring business, but I don't have a lot of money in game to buy a shop and afford to make my own clothes OR in real life to buy credits or gold. I figured I could put this out there and see if anyone wants some cheap clothes or armour designed. I'm new to the market so I don't know what prices are like, but hopefully someone can tell me! :bleep_bloop: Thanks in advance to anyone who requests/gives advice/tells me I'm dumb  :p

Comments

• Consulting and helping design is a way to go. You can look at TRADEWHO TAILORING if you want to focus on that to find people in game who you can consult for. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    You should post the description you did for him so we can have something to go by

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited August 2016
    Usually, I find that when people are like "ohmygosh you design?", you will have more commissions than you know what to do with.  The hard part is getting your name out there in the beginning.  

Tbh, I'm really bad about charging since right now, I don't do commissions for people who are not friends due to time and the plain fact that I'd rather be doing other things.  Usually it's good to be upfront about submission fees and pickup fees and then decide on your price from there.  

As for how to be known as a designer?  Um... having a tailoring/jewelry license helps a bit but I think a lot of it is mainly doing designs and then showing it off to people.  When I was really young, I just entered a bunch of city design contests and won a bunch of them which kind of did the advertising for me....but I was cyrenian and also in the Beirdd so the city and house were heavily  art focused to begin with.  Being part of the Beirdd, a large part of my tier work was performing designs (room tours/fashion shows/etc.) and then I became design path head which kind of advertised itself.  

I don't know what city you are part of, so I don't know if this is helpful to you....Something I see people doing though, is hand out their designs at the crossroads/centrecrossing/whatevermeetingplaceyourcityhas or something and then others are like "oooh you design/cook/something".

I also did a lot of weddings as a young achaean. Weddings are a great way to promote yourself, earn some gold on the side, and to have your designs actually mean something to someone.  

Nowadays, I'm pretty lazy so I mainly do my own and my friends' wardrobes so we can be fashionable and sexy and such.  
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • @Averi I'm a Mhaldorian, so we probably have something a little different than that. @Shirszae This is a link to what I designed for Proficy http://pastebin.com/22LvdLhE
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    carmain hued something

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • SANGUINE! SANGUINE! SANGUINE!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    mmm convenience and suffering

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    You forgot black. And stygian. Stygian black.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• have we really forgotten abbadon? 
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Yes.  

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"