Furnishing Your Dreams!

Comments

• Achilles said:
    I hope there is an Ikea option where we get to put the furniture together ourselves.  Meatballs plz.

Make it so that the lower the skill level, the more likely for you to get 'Uh, which part goes to which part again?' messages.

• KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    edited August 2016
    I am a little underwhelmed by this. The descriptions don't really seem to reflect what you alter in the creation process. For example, I altered a tapestry to have the colour gold and the ornate style. This is the result:

a ornate tapestry

Hanging from copper hooks upon a wooden rail, this tapestry is worked in rich colours.

What was the point of altering it to be gold? Another example, a short, broad, classic glass bench:
    Devoid of ornamentation, this bench comprises of two sturdy legs that support a solid platform. The 
    seat grants ample accommodation for the general populace.

These descriptions seem a little generic for my tastes and I was hoping that the decisions we make in the crafting process would actually provide more flair and meaning.

• I imagine just like the forging descriptors if someone wanted to work on fleshing them out @Nicola would (possibly) implement them?
    Also, this is pretty irritating:

Your sudden movements spoil your work at furnishing your frame.

You say with a thick, Dwarven accent, "stuff."

• Definitely room for improvement, but I like it overall!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    "a ornate"

I cri
    Huh. Neat.
  • Furniture: (Not sure if any of these have been suggested or already exist. Sorry if either/both)
    -picnic table
    -wall shackles (goodness..)
    -poker tables (too much? Could take away wanting actual poker and just make it a 'game table'. I want my own roulette wheel, but I'm not gonna ask for it. I just wanna sit in my house and bet, lose and win my own gold so I can stop actually gambling and still get my fix.)
    -rocking horse
    -safe/vault (I'm willing to accept this being lockable for you whining desperate types. Granted, I still say if we start getting a bunch of lockable furniture, lockpicking needs to be introduced. I really do not want to debate further why 'its my stuff why should you be allowed to get it?' 'then why do you even need locks?' anymore. Please, don't attempt to start it back up. Imma ignore you.)
    -bins, instead of trash bins (my last post) just, bins.
    -writer's block

Idea:
    Heeyyyyyy. You know what'd be pretty awesome? Pyrography. Or really, since I know there's a bunch of materials and stuff, just the ability to engrave or label furniture. Maybe put your mark or name on it, or specify what it's for, or dedicate it to someone, etc. Mark different chests and chairs and stuff. So when someone says 'I DONT SEE YOUR NAME ON IT' You can point at it and call them a bitch. 

Materials:

• Cobault said:

-safe/vault (I'm willing to accept this being lockable for you whining desperate types. Granted, I still say if we start getting a bunch of lockable furniture, lockpicking needs to be introduced. I really do not want to debate further why 'its my stuff why should you be allowed to get it?' 'then why do you even need locks?' anymore. Please, don't attempt to start it back up. Imma ignore you.)

Not gonna get into the debate, but, how would you envisage lock-picking working?

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I don't know if this topic is closed yet/if this has already been mentioned, but can we add altars to the list of furniture?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Cobault said:
    Furniture: (Not sure if any of these have been suggested or already exist. Sorry if either/both)
    -writer's block

A writer's block boldly sits here, menacingly drawing in all the creative energy of the room.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Borran said:
    Cobault said:
    Furniture: (Not sure if any of these have been suggested or already exist. Sorry if either/both)
    -writer's block

A writer's block boldly sits here, menacingly drawing in all the creative energy of the room.
    Slipping the stem of the snifter between your middle and ring fingers, you hold a cure for writer's block in your palm, warming the liquid before gulping the contents.
    Huh. Neat.
    I'm a bit chuffed that we had tons of ideas posted here on the forums, but no one that posted ideas made classleads for them. And then classleads closed and I forgot to classlead stoves, which you used to be able to buy. :( 

Anyway, have any of these bugs been worked out yet? I've been bugging, typoing and ideaing things like crazy trying to make this work.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I figured these were apart from classleads and the ideas would be implemented independent of them, which is the only reason I didn't classlead anything. I assume others thought similar! Most things don't get a whole thread dedicated to them after all, asking for further ideas to be implemented.

Good catch on the stove though, I had forgotten that had to be requested from him. Definitely need to have that added back with the other missing furniture pieces! I'm also curious for an update, as it seems there's still several bugs/issues/missing bits/lots of room for improvement. I assume things are a bit slow due to birthday things though.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    The bugs are crazy broken. I have 10 in the system that are legitimate bugs. A lot of the costs are not working correctly, and some of the samples aren't working either. Its making things very difficult to do anything with furnishing.

Also, as I discovered today, the cost for altering height, width and depth(which is not listed, go figure) is the original commodity cost/2.5. 
  • Taxidermy being implimented would add so many new things to it.. but i think itd be a tradeskilll likely
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Since the fate of wicker hangs in the balance, maybe we can get reeds as a material substitute.

• This last round really did even things out. I'm still a bit underwhelmed by the options for furnishing, and would really like to wish upon a star for some kind of customization template for them a la real designing (even if it is for certain dimensions).
  • @Haloshire that unfortunately isn't going to happen due to the sheer amount of time admin oversight requires for the already existing "designer" tradeskills.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited March 2017
     A classic broad bed made of alder rests here. A classic brown blanket rests here spread out over a broad classic low-gloss stained cotton-covered alder bed.

You lie on a broad classic low-gloss stained cotton-covered alder bed.

lol'd. So comfy and full of descriptors. 

Edit: It would be nice if the word stained could be moved to the end of the list so that it doesn't look like I'm lying down on a filthy mattress. 

• Get out of there, Skye, that's not a good place to be D:
  • BronislavBronislav Maryland
    edited April 2017
    Have we considered relying more on comms, instead of wandering around Sapience for the samples? :frown:

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sample hunting is super fun! No sarcasm!

I actually like that if people want furniture made from a particular type of material, they're going to have to find someone that has those samples. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Sample hunting is super fun! No sarcasm!

I actually like that if people want furniture made from a particular type of material, they're going to have to find someone that has those samples. 
    You also think toteming is super fun! No sarcasm!

You can't be trusted.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    It makes it so that the people who are good at it are the people who actually put time on it. Can't really disagree with that.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    It makes it so that the people who are good at it are the people who actually put time on it.
    No.

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Trey said:
    Shirszae said:
    It makes it so that the people who are good at it are the people who actually put time on it.
    No.
    do you have any idea how many man hours i'd burned looking for wicker and driftwood

• If they made woodcutting a tradeskill and let us get samples of the local timber in addition to the wood comms, I might like sample acquisition. As it stands the whole system seems stupid and unnecessarily limiting.