Furniture? Really?

124»

Comments

• Furniture doesn't really appeal to me, so this isn't going to impact me at all. In saying that, I'm thankful someone's willing to put tons of effort into improving the game. Thanks for your hard work!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Cynlael said:
    While we're at it, let's take a look at dual blunt dps (even without your artis it's still pretty horrendous) and alchemist aff rate too :)

eta: I'd say Monk too, but if the past... Nearly two decades... Are anything to go by, complaints about Monk generally don't go all that great.

yeah DwB dps baseline is kinda well.. not right... everyone thinks its the artes that make it crazy, but the damage difference I do from 14 str and 24 str is like 200-300 extra damage a hit. they mentioned diminishing returns. but I mean there has to be SOME room for improvement.

but then its hard to take damage from DwB because it does absolutely and has almost no ability to afflict what so ever.

• edited August 2016
    Personally I don't think giving it access to some afflictions would be all that bad, in exchange for lowering its damage output somewhat. Give it some new attacks that do afflictions (they don't have to be envenomable) though you'd have to decrease the limb damage (but they all do the same amount, or very close, per hit).
     Gut/Chest/Neck/Head (torso/head damage): Nausea/Sensitivity/Paralysis/Stupidity
     Hands (or wrist)/Elbows/Shoulders (arm damage): Clumsiness/Level 1 arm break/Lethargy
     Feet (or ankles)/Kneecaps/Thighs (leg damage): -- Not really sure here.. Leftover affs kinda op, aside from Lv1 leg break :/

• It's almost like there's another knight spec if you want heavy limb damage and afflictions based on damaging specific body parts. 

• It's almost like, as usual, you're not paying attention to what's being discussed. :)

• It's almost like you describe it as being being a form of two hand and then got huffy when called on it.  You might as well hand him a warhammer to go with the flail.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited August 2016
    I like that DWB doesn't have afflictions, no point in having 4 different styles that are all just flavours of dual aff+damage. DWB just needs a lower base damage and higher scaling component, so that it still deals decent damage to high-health targets, but doesn't destroy 4-5k health targets in a blink. I regularly tell new folks coming in that until they have at least 4500-5000 health, they should avoid DWB completely. Just not feasible to handle that.

Edit: Wait, why is this in the furniture thread?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Thank you that added a lot.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited August 2016
    @Sarapis @Cellorran I don't see any sort of repair capabilities in the skill. Could we get something similar to jewellery's repair (either scaling gold cost or scaling commodity cost, based on months remaining) to extend the lifetime of furniture that's already in place? That'd be pretty nice.

ETA: Skimming the thread, just wanted to post the first thing that jumped to my mind, but lovely wonderful hugs to the team for everything they do. People are never satisfied with what they have, but you lot come a lot closer than most :)
    Huh. Neat.
  • I am really happy with the new trade skill and all the work put in it. Mostly just happy to see this game always evolving. Thanks!
  • Still can't place furniture in Eleusis. :(
  • Tahquil said:
    Of course not. Dont be acting like you want it, thats civilised people warping nature to their whims or whatever. Why dont you grow some instead hippie!
    It is made from the bone of my enemies.
  • Rangor said:
    Still can't place furniture in Eleusis. :(
    Absolutely harambe

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Rangor said:
    Still can't place furniture in Eleusis. :(
    I thought Eleusians just romped in the forest..
  • Serpent reporting in. Eleusian tree sex is a thing.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    tree sexer reporting in. Voyeurism is a thing.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Jinsun said:
    Tree reporting in. I'm the voiceless victim
    We can only pray.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Dryad reporting in. Jinsun, it's yours.
  • I don't wanna know what kind of horrible abominations Jinsun has running around.
  • Jinsun said:
    I don't wanna know what kind of horrible abominations Jinsun has running around.
    Didn't you get an artie pet that was basically an abomination child or something?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Yeah jinsun's son, saxxuku is a monstrosity. It's pretty gross
  • You sit on a tall bone throne.
  • Rangor prowls out to the out, moving like a jaguar.

You pick up a tall bone throne.
  • Kez said:
    Rangor prowls out to the out, moving like a jaguar.

You pick up a tall bone throne.
    Issued for theft.
  • Sarapis said:
    Khaibit said:
    Sarapis said:
    Khaibit said:

Know what motivates players? When people actually pay attention to the repeated suggestions and requests for things. 
    I think you're confusing what you want with what players generally want.
    me and the years worth of people requesting drinks? Or containers? Totally just me. 
    I accept that some people wanted furniture, but I think the other stuff had far more requests for it. 
    If you'd prefer to play a game that functions as a democracy and lets players vote on how to allocate developer resources, I definitely invite you to search out such an experience and note how well that worked for them. Since I already know the answer, it's a course of action we shall not be taking. 
    This inspired me to do some googling and I found "Path of Exile" which seems to have a nice system for the community and developers to communicate. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/dev-manifesto
    Furniture crafting sounds cool.