Furniture? Really?

So, people beg and beg for years for drinks, or containers,  or something fun and useful, and the tradeskill we get is furniture? 
Something used rarely?
Something that removes a money sink from the game?

I had a tv thrown at my head the other night, and yet this upsets me more.

Comments

• Gotta say, pretty disappointed. Was hoping it'd be something like relic crafting... make your own EQ gem!
  • edited August 2016
    But it's not for free. 
    None of these trade skills are for free. 
    (prior to Sarapis editing his post, he said give you a free thing, so my comment here would have made sense before he edited away that part)

Know what motivates players? When people actually pay attention to the repeated suggestions and requests for things. 

• Maybe it will be like Lusternia Artisan, and have some good PK applications
  • Aegoth said:
    Maybe it will be like Lusternia Artisan, and have some good PK applications
    Someones gonna hit me with a chair? 
    Are we WWE now?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Aegoth said:
    Maybe it will be like Lusternia Artisan, and have some good PK applications
    Bash someone on their head with a chair?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• New class - Furniture Salesman

On a serious note, this is cool. Maybe this will give me a renewed interest in my house.
  • Sarapis said:
    Khaibit said:

Know what motivates players? When people actually pay attention to the repeated suggestions and requests for things. 
    I think you're confusing what you want with what players generally want.
    me and the years worth of people requesting drinks? Or containers? Totally just me. 
    I accept that some people wanted furniture, but I think the other stuff had far more requests for it. 

• Tydas said:
    Khaibit said:

Something that removes a money sink from the game?
    If this increases the use of commodities, it'll become a gold sink in its own right. Mining removes gold from circulation, as does buying wood/lacquer/whatever other comms end up being required. Can't say whether it's a bigger or smaller gold sink, but let's not pretend it's going to remove a gold sink entirely.
    Correct!
  • I'm actually pumped for it, as often as I have to buy furniture, would be cool to make some of my own.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool Or a coward
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
    For a wounded man will shall say to his assailant
    "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven"
    Such is the rule of honor
  • Speaking of info, since I can't login right now, website announce news has no post, and the online listing of in-game help files has no new skill added yet...

Anyone mind putting up what's known so far?
  • I love the idea, but I'm also not gonna lie and say this doesn't concern me when it comes to wood and lacquer, which are already generally difficult to get since people buy them to 0 as it is. Just hoping that part gets monitored at least! I'm excited to pick up another trade skill!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Tydas said:
    Speaking of info, since I can't login right now, website announce news has no post, and the online listing of in-game help files has no new skill added yet...

Frompt posted on public news announcing his retirement and that he will be taking apprentices in a few days

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Tydas said:
    Speaking of info, since I can't login right now, website announce news has no post, and the online listing of in-game help files has no new skill added yet...

Fronck, of Delos is closing his furniture showroom. He's gonna be in his parlour in the coming days sharing knowledge of upholstery and carpentry, and he will open his workshop to those who wish to undertake the craft.
  • Khaibit said:
    Sarapis said:
    Khaibit said:

I think you're confusing what you want with what players generally want.
    me and the years worth of people requesting drinks? Or containers? Totally just me. 
    I accept that some people wanted furniture, but I think the other stuff had far more requests for it. 
    If you'd prefer to play a game that functions as a democracy and lets players vote on how to allocate developer resources, I definitely invite you to search out such an experience and note how well that worked for them. Since I already know the answer, it's a course of action we shall not be taking. 
  • Nataliia said:
    I love the idea, but I'm also not gonna lie and say this doesn't concern me when it comes to wood and lacquer, which are already generally difficult to get since people buy them to 0 as it is. Just hoping that part gets monitored at least! I'm excited to pick up another trade skill!
    new skill: lumberjacking. cut down forests and destroy team green
  • Does this mean furniture legacy code is fixed!?!?!!??!
  • Aegoth said:
    Nataliia said:
    I love the idea, but I'm also not gonna lie and say this doesn't concern me when it comes to wood and lacquer, which are already generally difficult to get since people buy them to 0 as it is. Just hoping that part gets monitored at least! I'm excited to pick up another trade skill!
    new skill: lumberjacking. cut down forests and destroy team green
    Honestly, I've been expecting something like this ever since mining came out. A move away from NPC commodity stores entirely. Of course, forestals would need a "green" version, likely druid-ing wood out of trees or something.

And it could cause a new form of conflict where Team Green goes after lumberjack sites simply to take them down, then overprices their own wood. It'd end up being an icon or shrine wars type of thing, forestals versus every other city/adventurer that decides they need to harvest wood, and retaliatory strikes against the druidic sites if only because they keep taking down the lumberjacks.

You know, maybe that isn't the greatest idea in the world. :/
  • But what about beds!!?
  • Mistake a dryad for a tree. Oh... was that a leg? So sorry!