Football (Real Football)

Comments

• Nicola said:
    Hey, girls playing rugby are still more hardcore than that excuse for a game.
    Apologies for the put down, you are of course correct. Rugby 7's was very watchable.. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Nicola said:
    I have to agree to (partly) this. I don't think football is an excuse for a game, but rugby players ARE more hardcore than most of the players I watch on a weekly basis!
  • Xaden said:
    So after the derail from Szanthax's 'le phones' thread I figured we probably could do with a football thread.

So feel free to abuse each other in the name of blinkered loyalty here.

For my own part : I, being Irish, follow the English premier league :) Specifically Manchester United.

In order to get some discussion rolling I'll throw out my top 4 predictions for this season

1st - Man City
    2nd - Man Utd
    3rd - Chelski
    4th - L'arse

Oh : feel free to talk other leagues too, of course.

Football? Don't you mean... -soccer-?

• Trey said:
    Xaden said:
    So after the derail from Szanthax's 'le phones' thread I figured we probably could do with a football thread.

So feel free to abuse each other in the name of blinkered loyalty here.

For my own part : I, being Irish, follow the English premier league :) Specifically Manchester United.

In order to get some discussion rolling I'll throw out my top 4 predictions for this season

1st - Man City
    2nd - Man Utd
    3rd - Chelski
    4th - L'arse

Oh : feel free to talk other leagues too, of course.

Football? Don't you mean... -soccer-?
    I just... I .... fuck off Trey

<3
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    all this derailing.

I wonder if southampton will do well again this year.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    all this derailing.

I think it might take Puel a while to adjust to the league. Basing that on absolutely no evidence whatsoever mind you. I'd guess at 7th or 8th now and will eat my hat later :)

Xaden said:
    Mishgul said:
    all this derailing.

I think it might take Puel a while to adjust to the league. Basing that on absolutely no evidence whatsoever mind you. I'd guess at 7th or 8th now and will eat my hat later :)
    also I find it hilarious that middlesborough managed to sign negredo, who i think is a class player.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Valdes and Negredo to Middlesborough was the highlight of the transfer window for me, haha.
    Jovolo said:
    Valdes and Negredo to Middlesborough was the highlight of the transfer window for me, haha.
    I was pretty mad when they beat sunderland 2-1 since I had Defoe in my fantasy league, but I was also damn impressed.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Coamenel said:
    Nicola said:
    I have to agree to (partly) this. I don't think football is an excuse for a game, but rugby players ARE more hardcore than most of the players I watch on a weekly basis!
    You should watch AFL.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Coamenel said:
    Nicola said:
    You should watch AFL.
    Bunch o' thugs, that!

• For the misogynist ad, I'd like to punch the company's advertisers in the face.

Also on a happy note, Schalke will be signing Nabil Bentaleb from Tottenham. He any good? Never heard the name before, sounds like a #15 to me.
    I liked him, but I guess Eric Dier has taken his place at tottenham on the first team, so bentaleb was always on the bench after that.

Pochettino is amazing also, random praise.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Sarathai said:
    Coamenel said:
    Nicola said:
    You should watch AFL.
    Thanks for the tip, but I'll stick to Feyenoord
  • Magenta said:
    For the misogynist ad, I'd like to punch the company's advertisers in the face.

Also on a happy note, Schalke will be signing Nabil Bentaleb from Tottenham. He any good? Never heard the name before, sounds like a #15 to me.
    They got ripped apart in the media over it. They made me lol, so fuck it.

Bentalab looked like he'd go on to be quite good, but as @Mishgul said, Dier progressed quicker than him.

Plus Dier is English, and you know how the media are about young English players over there.

• Magenta said:
    For the misogynist ad, I'd like to punch the company's advertisers in the face.

Bentaleb got a lot of games under Tim Sherwood because he was a product of the youth team and Tim clearly saw something in him others didn't. We lost numerous games under Sherwood, played poorly and he was sacked. Bentaleb hasn't played much since. He seemed to have a few good touches but he's not good enough for a first team place at Spurs.

Tim Sherwood isn't quite the best coach in the premier league

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Thanks for the info, guys. Pretty happy that he's only coming on loan.
  • I really liked Tim as a player for us and he is a PL winner of course with Blackburn, but his management was crap. 

Sobriquet said:
    I really liked Tim as a player for us and he is a PL winner of course with Blackburn, but his management was crap. 
    He did himself no favours with the aston villa collapse either.

Levy got really luck with Pochettino, but he is a terrible owner.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  •      He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Xaden said:
    Such a talent. I hope he finds form this year

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited August 2016
    Sometimes, you just have to cope with your fellow supporters too.  Cheers lads! :s

This reduces the chance of me actually being there down to like 10%. I would've loved another match ala Sevilla at home again. (Best not to mention AS Roma I reckon)..

https://www.feyenoord.com/news/news-overview/Feyenoord-adopts-measures-for-European-home-matches

• As a leicester city fan (born in leicester) i'd love to see them win again but deep down it was a fluke, but they had heart and it  was nice to see a team with a tiny budget beat the big boys.  At least i saw them win in my lifetime.  going for Man utd, Man city, chelsea and tottenham  for top four this season. mid table for leicester.
  • Mid table better than relegation!
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited August 2016
    P sure the red wings are going to score 2 home runs and make it to the world super cup series.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • One for all the 'mericans on 'ere

Image result for murica

• Great draw for us in the CL if we are looking to progress. No really big names in there, although given our runs in the Europa League recently I can see us finishing 3rd there..

and then you can have another run in the europa league :D

-

As drawn by Shayde