Censual Census

I'd love to see a 'census' every few Achaean years?  See how the race-list is shaping up, the majority of races, split down to male/female.. etc.

So like you'd get to see a census of the overall world for all non-newbie adventurers.  You'd get a male/female split.  The races, how they split down even further... And then we could do with cities as an additional split for cities (or even houses if you want to go that far).

It'd be interesting to show the least represented races in Achaea (Satyr), and show how all of the races and genders are split up out of however many currently-active non-newbie players.

Yes?  Yes.

Thoughts below.

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Almost more dragons than satyr :o

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited August 2016
    Humans have some of the best racials, it's not surprising they're the most populous race. When I reincarnate there's a very good chance it will be to human.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Did we miss the new class in dere?

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    That female to male ratio though. That probably surprises me the most, I thought we had a much more balanced/higher ratio of women.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited August 2016
    Melodie said:
    That female to male ratio though. That probably surprises me the most, I thought we had a much more balanced/higher ratio of women.
    Achaea = China
    Maybe the women that want to play as men outnumber the men who want to play as women

• Aerek said:
    I actually really like that Humans are the most populous race in Achaea. Humans are almost always described as being the most common race in any fantasy setting, but invariably players gravitate toward the more exotic options. Can't count how many D&D groups have been exclusively non-human, and Achaea was pretty similar in the days before traits and stat packs. Cool that the canon flavour for humans is actually supported by the demographics.

Depends on which D&D group. Depending on the edition, some character builds benefit more from extra feat choices.

• I'm glad BM moved up on the list!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Melodie said:

In all honestly, given how many men that I KNOW play women, it's probably even less balanced than it looks. 
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Pretty shocked alchemist is bottom of the barrel there

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Those numbers are all existing players (including dormant people), so the fact that the class is new(ish) will mean it's lower.
  • I wonder what's the most common race for priests.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Sarflus said:
    I wonder what's the most common race for priests.
    Atavian!
  • Given that an eighth of all classes are knight I'm kinda amazed that troll is so low down on the list.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I sort of wonder how different the list would look if only taking into account non-dormant players. Though I am unsure if that is possible

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Melodie said:
    I've always thought achaea was like 50% siren chicks..... but sampling bias right?
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Hashan appears to be like 90% Siren, I am finding. :(
  • Nazihk said:
    Hashan appears to be like 90% Siren, I am finding. :(
    Hey, I'm not complaining. :)
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
    Averi said:
    Nazihk said:
    Can we get like Achaea plenty of fish/grindr?

Maybe Plenty of Septaceans and Crossing Swords for Fun?

• Szanthax said:
    Averi said:
    Nazihk said:
    Can we get like Achaea plenty of fish/grindr?

Maybe Plenty of Septaceans and Crossing Swords for Fun?
    Isn't there that one dating clan that kind of does that?
    God I hope not.. after nyc I've been kind of freaked by how much people know about each other...

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Shirszae said:
    I sort of wonder how different the list would look if only taking into account non-dormant players. Though I am unsure if that is possible
    Given that player activity is tracked in a good number of ways, I'm sure its possible.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I wonder what the active percentage of Paladins is, there must be lots of dormant ones :O 
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I liked the total breakdown better. It looked like there were fewer Alchemists that way.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    I miss the full charts that showed which class had which race mixes. I always rather enjoyed finding out I was an oddball(sadly I'm not now) 
  • Well, that's 16.2% of people who can fuck off.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Xaden said:
    Well, that's 16.2% of people who can fuck off.
    :bleep_bloop:
    Huh. Neat.