How to track elixirs with multiple sip methods

I'm using Wundersys, which in turn is using server-side curing, in addition to manually sipping and applying salves. Is there a neat way for me to catch all instances of using salves/elixirs for tracking? I don't want to miscount by trying to use the lines like "the elixir heals and soothes you" due to accidental double sipping and the like. Is there any unified way to catch all of them (gmcp etc.)?

Comments

• Double sipping would show two different lines. The first line would be that one, if you sip while off balance it shows the elixir flows down without effect.

• I might not have been clear enough about what I'm trying to do. I want to count how much stuff is left in all my vials. If I get a 'without effect' message, then there's not a way to track what I used, because it doesn't say what I used. I would have to have something set a variable everytime Wundersys or myself tried to sip, as well as serverside. I was hoping there was like a gmcp variable or something I was missing that would make this easier. I might just let it miscount every so often and trigger on the successful lines if I can't find an elegant solution.
  • When you say "manually sipping and applying salves", is that just from your aliases? If so, you can change them to use CURING QUEUE ADD <cure>, which will give you the [CURING]: SIP HEALTH (or whatever) line that you can make a trigger for. Will also prevent wasting sips and such when you don't have the necessary balance, as far as I know.

• Fusco said:
    I might not have been clear enough about what I'm trying to do. I want to count how much stuff is left in all my vials. If I get a 'without effect' message, then there's not a way to track what I used, because it doesn't say what I used. I would have to have something set a variable everytime Wundersys or myself tried to sip, as well as serverside. I was hoping there was like a gmcp variable or something I was missing that would make this easier. I might just let it miscount every so often and trigger on the successful lines if I can't find an elegant solution.
    As I understand it, you want to track how many sips are in your vials at any given time: Out of curiosity, is there some specific functionality you're trying to implement that isn't covered by the built-in ELIXLIST and ELIXSUM commands?
  • Fusco said:
    I might not have been clear enough about what I'm trying to do. I want to count how much stuff is left in all my vials. If I get a 'without effect' message, then there's not a way to track what I used, because it doesn't say what I used. I would have to have something set a variable everytime Wundersys or myself tried to sip, as well as serverside. I was hoping there was like a gmcp variable or something I was missing that would make this easier. I might just let it miscount every so often and trigger on the successful lines if I can't find an elegant solution.
    Just so you know, vials are refilled automatically from your rift if your vial empties. Assuming you have more in your rift, anyway. 

• Severina said:.
    As I understand it, you want to track how many sips are in your vials at any given time: Out of curiosity, is there some specific functionality you're trying to implement that isn't covered by the built-in ELIXLIST and ELIXSUM commands?
    I want to have a gui element that warns me when I'm about out of something, as I'm really bad about checking elist or noticing when my rift runs out. I'm gathering there's no easy way to do it, so I'll hack something together that's good enough.Antonius said:

When you say "manually sipping and applying salves", is that just from your aliases? If so, you can change them to use CURING QUEUE ADD <cure>, which will give you the [CURING]: SIP HEALTH (or whatever) line that you can make a trigger for. Will also prevent wasting sips and such when you don't have the necessary balance, as far as I know.

Thanks, that might help me out.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I have a partial thing going for Mudlet where it parses all outgoing data and then compares it to what was actually happening in the game. It works for the most part, unless you use the in-game command separator. It's good for a ballpark, but it requires more work to be considered a finished product. I can share it up if you want to take a look.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • It would be simpler to only track your rift, just knowing that your rift is empty and your current vial is the last one should be enough to warn you that you need to restock.

The line when you refill from the rift (either manually or automatically) tells you the name of the elixir/salve and the number of sips remaining:
    You refill a black glass vial with 200 sips of an elixir of mana from your rift, bringing the total remaining sips in the rift to 120.
    You quickly refill a black glass vial with an elixir of mana from your rift, bringing the total sips remaining in your rift to 0.

• ^ I actually use this above method to track my sips. I have 2 vials of everything on hand so it's gives me a 400sip barrier to go and refill. I haven't figured out how to save variables between sessions but I can share what I have when I get home.