Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Legion

Comments

• RomRom Member Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Disc looks really fun, I kinda wish I had leveled mine. Resto druid ended up being really annoying/boring for me, but incredibly OP. My holy paladin is more fun and has pretty great gear now but their AoE healing methods are so much weaker, makes some mythic + runs way more difficult.

Also last week's overhealing affix is fucking dumb for holy paladin. My best heal holy shock can literally vary from like 350k non-crits to 3 million. Not to mention one of my two AoE heals cannot be controlled, so I'd have to rely on my allies clicking the buff off so that they don't get healed.. every like 12 seconds. The overheal to absorb ratio is freakin 1:3.

So I skipped +7 and higher last week, but I got my first +10 this week and it was very fun.
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited October 2016
    Did first Mythic today, was Halls of Valor after getting declined from like 6 different groups for being Disc... Man, can really feel the stigma this spec has gotten since Legion launched...

Only one wipe on Odyn because people derped and didn't interupt surge so we got wrecked by that. Was averaging ~95-100k dps and on fights that required solid healing output (namely Fenrus and Skovald) was pushing around 170-180k hps.

839 ilvl now, pretty good so far I think. 5-atonement Light's Wraths critting for around 800k now, with 60% transfer on atonement, works out to nearly 500k healing to everyone in group. Follow up with penance and it basically tops everyone off... Almost got the trait that gives Shadow Word: Pain a chance to boost penance damage by 50%; it's already critting 180k per bolt.

God speed!
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 2,694 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Disc is very enjoyable, and I find it to be a very good keystone spec. Lots of damage mitigation for tank. Cd's to burn. Can spot heal really well. Also helps speed up progress with damage.
  • ValariaValaria Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    yall have guild?

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember, Secret Squirrel Posts: 5,755 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Can't see how Disc even functions in keystone 6+ runs outside of certain specs. Just too much damage coming out for even a Grace spec to heal through with mend spam.
    :pleased::pleased:
    edited October 2016
    Daeir said:
    Can't see how Disc even functions in keystone 6+ runs outside of certain specs. Just too much damage coming out for even a Grace spec to heal through with mend spam.
    Every healer is -capable- of doing mythic +10. Problem is disc has the stigma attached to it that they're bad. Reality of it is though, that it takes a lot more skill to play it at a high level. So most people won't take one over virtually any other healer because of the risk of fail involved. Compared to say restoration shaman/druid, Legion Disc is like rocket science to people... it's not hard but it definitely takes efforRte. 

Eta: also depends on group's ability to avoid/interrupt damage when possible, but that defs not limited to disc. 
  • RomRom Member Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited October 2016
    Disc is considered one of the best high-end mythic+ healers. They have lots of ways to avoid wipe mechanics (incredibly deadly during Tyrannical) via smite absorb, PW:S being one of the last absorbs in the game, and PW:Barrier being great as always. Their biggest appeal is that they easily do the highest amount of consistent damage of the healing specs, and shadow mend has basically no downside in Mythic+ since everyone takes loads of damage constantly, which makes their single target healing insane.

Here's a video of a group clearing +15 with a Disc healer.
    Here's a +10 Maw group from 2 weeks ago Disc PoV (insane freakish UI though). He has lots of Disc PoV videos and quite a few are Mythic+.

Some healers are better for different affixes too, like I mentioned earlier I can't even play my holy paladin during the overhealing affix.
    Rangor
  • CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    "No whisper target found."

Fucking christ that got annoying fast.

I tried :(

@Lala --- omg the adorable. Just got him from class hall mission

edited October 2016
    (Mythic) Everyone died to first Corrupted Bellow in phase 2. Flashzz = healer.

Git gud m8. Only took 6 minutes, lul.
  • JaceroJacero Member Posts: 37 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Well, all you do is win so I'm not surprised. (Well done)
    My sides, they ache.

Sometimes you never realise how much damage a class does until you actually play it.

Nice and clean healing UI.

Ew ElvUI base.
    Ryzeth said:
    Ew ElvUI base.
    Yup. Easy to configure and doesn't need 15 individual addons for all the stuff you want.
    edited November 2016
    Rangor said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Ew ElvUI base.
    Yup. Easy to configure and doesn't need 15 individual addons for all the stuff you want.
    Yeah I just hate it myself. I used to use it and praise it back in Wrath/Cata, now I can't stand it personally.
    I use this one. Really easy and looks aesthetically pleasing (to me at least). But I also like the default UI a lot, so there's that.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,902 @ - Epic Achaean
    omg what server am i supposed to select

Szanthax said:
    omg what server am i supposed to select
    Thrall Horde.
    edited November 2016
    squeee... watch out i'm level 2.

edited November 2016
    TFW account suspended for botting, when I haven't even botted since Wrath. AFTER I just renewed 90 day sub.

Pls. Maybe they'll sort it out >_>
    Well... I just found out my gtx 670 isn't functioning  with  Windows 10....

windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)

Not sure when it  started that because for whatever reason I'm connected to motherboard hdmi.   now I'm like do I just buy all new stuff or figure this out.

I've Tried a lot  of things.  I've  found a couple more solutions that I haven't tried yet but I'm almost at my wits end.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 2,875 @ - Epic Achaean
    Ryzeth said:
    TFW account suspended for botting, when I haven't even botted since Wrath. AFTER I just renewed 90 day sub.

Do you use an addon for your rotation? Cos that'll get you banned nowadays.
    Huh. Neat.
    edited November 2016
    Ahmet said:
    Ryzeth said:

Do you use an addon for your rotation? Cos that'll get you banned nowadays.
    I play Vengeance DH, Prot paladin and Disc priest. How bad do you think I am, that I need something to automate my rotation for me for those classes? Lol :(

We'll see what ticket response is. I can just buy a new account if it doesn't work out, if I find someone who feels like RAFing with me :P Would be shitty to lose 3 chars that are ~15AK and ~27 traits each, buuuut blizz CS can be kinda horrible sometimes. :S
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 2,875 @ - Epic Achaean
    I'll totally abuse your new account for free mounts :)
    Huh. Neat.
    I... i have a new account. no money invested yet but I played tanky paladin for like 5years

Can I play games with @ahmet :( 

Ahmet
    If you buy accounts you also get banned. no?
    edited November 2016
    Probably. I didn't buy my account though, lol. Leveled chars from scratch with Lala.

Guess I'm taking a break until May!
Sign In to Comment.