When I think of this class...

edited July 2016 in North of Thera
I was talking with a friend about what characters from other fictions remind us of classes from Achaea. For example, when I think of blademasters, the first thing that comes to mind is a parivir from Final Fantasy Tactics.

Here are some other examples from me:
Alchemist
Runewardens always make me think of this image. Though that's not really an extra-Achaea character. This is though. Knights in general sort of default to this. Although the word "paladin" already had its connotations before I played Achaea.
Until I see otherwise I assume all Apostates look like this.
Similarly, these are Infernals.
Magi. More wizards should be fat. It's not like you're out exercising...
Magi would look more like this in Hashan.
Sylvans can come too.
I assume that all monks are like this
Jesters all look like this to me until I read their description. 
I don't have a quick mental reference for all of them, and when I don't have one I always fall back to the class icons from the old class list page.

So, I've shared mine. What are some of yours? Or am I the only one that has this sort of repertoire?

I have 150 Lusternian credits that I'll trade over for Achaean ones. Let me know if you're interested!

Comments

• I tend to picture monks as this:

Just walking in with limbs flying everywhere.

• Dude... that class icon page is at least 8 years old. It predates bard.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited July 2016
    Averi said:
    Dude... that class icon page is at least 8 years old. It predates bard.
    It's at least 11, predates houses :(

ETA: Good thing it says the date at the top of the page, or I'd be wondering how inaccurate my estimation was for the next week.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Hmm, yeah. Bards never got their own icon, though this later archive of the old Achaea site has them listed.
    I have 150 Lusternian credits that I'll trade over for Achaean ones. Let me know if you're interested!
  • Can this be the bard icon? 

I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • edited July 2016
    I was going to look for something with a unicorn cat and a rapier and then stumbled upon this shark seagull. You are welcome.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    I want bard now.... I mean I wanted it earlier but it confused me :/ I just sing all the time. I used to have a zmud alias to sing a song... Or two. Like Brittany spears or something

• edited July 2016
    Szanthax said:
    I want bard now.... I mean I wanted it earlier but it confused me :/ I just sing all the time. I used to have a zmud alias to sing a song... Or two. Like Brittany spears or something
    You just gave me the best idea ever... to replace all voicecraft lines with random lines from pop songs.

You recite an epic at xxx, cause he's not paralyzed but he seems to be struck by you. 
    You sing a maqam at xxx and got him trippin', stumblin', flippin', fumblin'
    etc.
  • I tend to picture jesters more like classical jesters instead of white faced clowns.

100% me :P
    Huh. Neat.
  • Billowing black coat, top hat, vodun doll. The impression Dr. Kortoxian left me of the Achaean Shaman.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited July 2016
    This is how I wish I could imagine SnB knights. Alas, no one uses tower shields for PVP:

This one sorts of fits my concept of Runie 2h

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Mindshell said:
    Billowing black coat, top hat, vodun doll. The impression Dr. Kortoxian left me of the Achaean Shaman.
    For me, Shaman is more of a mystical wild person. Occultists, meanwhile, are the creepy secret society people who are into spooky shit.

• I picture shamans doing something like this. And idk wtf that dude is but I wanna play that race!
  • Looks kinda like a horkval. Almost.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Horns and hooves? Pretty obvious to roll satyr.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    Aerek said:
    Horns and hooves? Pretty obvious to roll satyr.
    That's obviously Gul'dan going through his furry phase. Learn2orc.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Current Savant House tutor/former Occultist House tutor Ezekial. Remember kids, Transmog is a -sometimes- ability.

• Ezekial will fuck you up dawg. You saw what he did to xylthus