Live coverage

2»

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    That was beautiful. :,) thanks Beya. That log made this long day so much better

• Thank you very much, Beya.
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • Having actually read Baya's log, I just realized that Cyrene got to see something that everyone else didn't -- which is why Jamethiel was yelling at the very beginning. How cool :)
  • @Velyse link logs or lies.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • I wish all this happened during our timezone—have to work during the entire event of this thing :( Thank you so much Beya for doing this!
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• edited November 2012
    Beya said:
    @Velyse link logs or lies.
    @Beya Idelisa's posts on page 20 pf the Bal'met thread prove it. She was at work, so I was feeding her the lines of the event via messenger. Here's a quick snippet, though:

Upon that massive branch the ancient figure of Agatheis manifests, His robes billowing in the 
    primordial winds that churn around the World Tree.

The air grows thick with power, and the presence of Agatheis becomes pronounced in your thoughts as 
    His will seeks out the Arcane Kindred.

The calm, calculating voice of Agatheis, the Elemental Lord, resonates, "Come, Bal'met. Make 
    Yourself known. I grow tired of this charade."

It's small, but IMO pretty cool. I wonder if he was doing a Pentharian-thing and drawing on their combined power?

Edit: I was mistaken about that being what prompted Jamethiel, though. That came after his shout. I'm not sure what prompted him.

Edit edit: Also I'm sorry that I spelled your name wrong :(
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Thank you for posting the above, @Velyse. That, coupled with the public post made after, pretty much made my day. Years and years of dragging on a pointless conflict that never should have happened finally ended. Maybe now the House can start going back to its roots, where it belongs, and can find an actual purpose again.

The greatest thing for me about this event is that the admin have really seemed to use it to its full potential - tying up issues that were plaguing various organisations (Mhaldor and its fractured gods, Kindred/Agatheis, possibly others), shaking up things by introducing more excitement and conflict into the world, forcing everyone to rethink priorities and allegiances, and with luck, promising better things to come.

It's been extremely fun to watch so far. Waiting to see how it all ends.
  • Yeah, I never took much notice of Agatheis, but he's making a really cool showing here.
  • I remember citizening him a few years ago - and being completely freaked out at intimidating he could be, nevermind navigating his temple for the first time to meet with him. Very, very cool that he's making his presence known in the city again.

Also, whomever is doing the events posts is doing a great job. I logged the event too, but almost don't need it, considering how thorough they're being with the official reports.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man."