Heartseed. How do you handle it?

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/37bce97c

I know :( hangedman may have prevented this.

I am more concerned on how others handle curing heartseed? I am pretty stumped myself. I have heard of people ignoring limb breaks all together and just healing torso/heartseed. This seems extreme can someone please explain? Thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Well, running more than one room away would've helped you in that particular situation. You died because you let him catch up to you, when you didn't even have a broken torso.

Shielding also would have. Or parrying torso; you weren't vinewreathed.

• Cynlael said:
    Well, running more than one room away would've helped you in that particular situation. You died because you let him catch up to you, when you didn't even have a broken torso.

Shielding also would have. Or parrying torso; you weren't vinewreathed.

Maybe I should have said, "I know :( several things would have prevented this! How do you deal with heartseed?"
  • Run/Shield/Tumble/Spam Hangedman/concussion bomb on any limb breaks (depending on if arm/leg/proned). You shouldn't really die to heartseed if you're not locked. Tumble out of banana peels+rubble and they can't really do anything if you do it on the first leg break.

• The classic heartseed strategy consists of two breaks and prepping torso. Sometimes a sylvan can sneak in a torso break, so diagnose if you think you were hit 4 times. If you have two breaks, it's fine to cure the first and then ignore the second. Instead, tumble out. If the Sylvan heartseeds, apply to torso and you'll live even when they break torso. If they wait, there's a lot of ways to either trick them, or sneak in an apply. It's not that hard to dodge when you know how, though admittedly Sylvan has a lot more tools to make heartseed work, but all of them have their counters and require some form of momentum, except the classic strategy.