Monk curiosity

thinking about multi classing this. 

I have level1 gauntlets as well as level 1 belt as far as stats go

Im wondering what race/spec is best suited for being decent in both worlds (as in being useful with telepathy and Kai while at same time being able to cause pain with tekura)

Thanks!

Comments

• I think the Xoran STR spec is the best for meaningful stats. You are better off focusing on either int or str than trying to have a mix of the 2 unless you have a few level 2 or 3s to compensate.
  • I've got a Gem of Reincarnation so I've tried quite a few race/spec combos. Horkval Vindicator has always been my favorite assuming you're going to focus on Tekura and not Telepathy (otherwise you may want to consider something like a Grook Scholar). Outside of Vindicator having solid strength and constitution, you've got the benefit of the Horkval blunt/cutting resistance which is better than a set of leather armor (unless you're getting artefact armor which I haven't really messed around with yet). Also monk is built to really take advantage of hit and run prep. You setup limbs quickly but you can't just stand there and take a beating like a 2H trying to prep. Because of that, a lot of people will use some form of hinderance with monks and Horkval's leap ability is one really nice way to deal with some of that. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Hosko said:
    unless you're getting artefact armor which I haven't really messed around with yet
    Which horkvali might be getting anyway.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Couple of things. Xoran is the best race for str monk. Horkval great for damage buff and leap (which you get in HRS, anyways). You are going to want to get knuckles, or you will have a sad time playing monk because it takes a long time to prep someone.
  • Iheard a rumour that knuckles doesn't change prep numbers/time, just damage... is that wrong? I noticed no difference with my lvl1 knuckles, but it may only be seen on the higher end.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I don't have knuckles and I prep most people in two full combos...
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Omor said:
    Iheard a rumour that knuckles doesn't change prep numbers/time, just damage... is that wrong? I noticed no difference with my lvl1 knuckles, but it may only be seen on the higher end.
    I would like to know this too.