How did I not know this?

I wanted to start a thread for veteran players to share how they are still learning thing about the game we all love. So to kick us off:

How did I not know that ship shields work against seamonsters!?

Comments

• How did I not know all the things you can list using the vision skill. I thought elixir list, venom list and armor list were it...

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • ^ Did not know that!!
  • @Sobriquet didn't know that! 
    @Shirszae heh, thats why I always ask if people are particular about where their tattoos are. Some people just don't like having the tentacle tattoo on their head.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Booklist
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • edited July 2016
    Shirszae said:
    You can INK <TATTOO> at <Person> and not have to specify a limb
    Was only changed to work this way in like the last year or so. Still kinda new, technically.

OT: Airfist only has a chance to bypass parry. In all the time I'd played BM, and fought against them, it always seemed like it was 100% chance... Then again, gravehands/piety is only 33, and look at that shit.

Also learned like 75% of the echoes I have for timed abilities are off by upwards of 3-4 seconds. Darkshade for instance, I was taught kills you in 12 seconds in the presence of a lightwall, when it's 16. And recently found (somehow only recently) that 90% of Hypnosis doesn't have 3rd person messages like it does in Imperian when the affs go off (like shuffling feet for impatience). Been way too long since I've played Serp.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cynlael said:
    Shirszae said:
    You can INK <TATTOO> at <Person> and not have to specify a limb
    Was only changed to work this way in like the last year or so. Still kinda new, technically.

OT: Airfist only has a chance to bypass parry. In all the time I'd played BM, and fought against them, it always seemed like it was 100% chance... Then again, gravehands/piety is only 33, and look at that shit.

Also learned like 75% of the echoes I have for timed abilities are off by upwards of 3-4 seconds. Darkshade for instance, I was taught kills you in 12 seconds in the presence of a lightwall, when it's 16. And recently found (somehow only recently) that 90% of Hypnosis doesn't have 3rd person messages like it does in Imperian when the affs go off (like shuffling feet for impatience). Been way too long since I've played Serp.
    This change was back in 2012, fyi.
    Huh. Neat.
  • The ability to ink without specifying a bodypart isn't a recent change. It definitely predates Weaponmastery, so it's at least 18 months. Think it's more like three years old, if not four.
    Kresslack said:
    Took me forever to realize you can dash/gallop in the wilderness, even to bypass the slow terrain.
    Best QoL change in Achaean history.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited July 2016
    Kresslack said:
    Took me forever to realize you can dash/gallop in the wilderness, even to bypass the slow terrain.
    WHAT?! I am going to test this right now!

/edit: O my gawd....
  • edited July 2016
    Let's see, stuff I learnt recently that I should have known years ago...

WHO gives a variety of terms to check specific things. Recently I had someone come up to me asking to butcher things for them, I asked how they knew I was even a gatherer and they replied "well..TRADEWHO". >>

Only recently discovered the wonder that is QW <City>. I got curious when someone stated "about 8 members of Targ awake". Mindblowing!

Didnt know that gaining infamy by just hitting someone, including a fellow citizen, was still a thing. Was especially surprised when someone 'redeemed me of any acts of infamy'.

Apparently Priests have a timed kill now! Was shocked to see that Judgement smack on me. I only noticed the message when it was too late and I admit what went through my mind was: "Why is <priest>'s mace on fire..."

• QW <city> is a thing? WHAT
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    QW <city> is a thing? WHAT
    QCW for your own too

Kalithea said:
    Omor said:
    QCW for your own too
    qwc is qwho with colours, not qw for your own. Nice to know anyway, though :>
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited July 2016
    Ahmet said:
    Kalithea said:
    Omor said:
    QCW for your own too
    Read it again. Try QCW. Not Q W C

Q C W

Kalithea said:
    Ahmet said:
    Kalithea said:
    Omor said:
    QCW for your own too
    Read it again. Try QCW. Not Q W C

Q C W

Apparently I need to see a doctor, because I have disexlya
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Antonius said:
    Asmodron said:
    Apparently Priests have a timed kill now!
    Yeah, only like 15 years late on that one...
    Lol, if not longer -- haven't they always had that? My first ever player-kill was from Judgement... in like 2001.
  • I deleted a large GMCP wielding script because of the wield changes. It's amazing. 

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Dunn said:
    I deleted a large GMCP wielding script because of the wield changes. It's amazing. 
    I fought Nemutaur once and dude got on to me for all my wielding.  Told me to fix my shit. I spent hours on it, just for them to release the changes like a week later.  Meh
  • I still have a complicated GMCP wielding script because I use scabbards and such, but it's great if you don't care about that.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited July 2016
    Bleak said:
    Kresslack said:
    WHAT?! I am going to test this right now!

/edit: O my gawd....
    Right? I remember getting carried up by a dragon to some of the more northern hunting areas. A thing of that past, fortunately.

Cooper said:

(Newbie): Sena says, "You can also do WIELD (left hand item) (right hand item) to wield two things 

in a single command."

Does this also work for drawing a weapon and unlashing a shield by chance?

• Wield will try to draw/unlash if there aren't any matches in your inventory. HELP WIELDING really needs to be updated to account for the huge upgrades, it's a couple years out of date now.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Asmodron said:
    Let's see, stuff I learnt recently that I should have known years ago...

Apparently Priests have a timed kill now! Was shocked to see that Judgement smack on me. I only noticed the message when it was too late and I admit what went through my mind was: "Why is <priest>'s mace on fire..."

Judgement has been a priest ability since 1998, actually.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"