Classlead Discussion Q2 2016

Comments

• Do you know that summon daegger/blood pact are balanceless, and levitate and hunt are usable off balance? Some classes require a lot more time away from offense to prep a room. Apostate's room prep is nice. Obviously you don't perform the actions separately like in the log though. If doing that, just prep the room the normal way (carve pentagram, summon).

Bloodpact is for on the fly summoning without stopping your offense. Instead, all you sacrifice is temporarily stopping your hunt (which should always be going as apo since usable off balance).
  • @Farrah

Would you rather play level 1 serpent or level 1 bard in light of the weapons changes?

• It depends how much you love phase/evade/pickpocket and whether you love or hate the complexity of using limb breaks and heartsfury/riposte well. I think bard beats serpent in 1v1 power because of leg breaks.

But bard can't evade. :(
  • I was doing kelp stacks on bard and locking fairly consistently with a non Artie rapier when we were testing the changes. I'm meh about the leg break stuff. I barely limb prep on knight! 

Evade mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Veiled phase mmmmmmm. 

• Knight has room hinder though. If you're not using the badass leg breaks, might as well be serpent imo. Test targets don't usually walk away so the leg breaks aren't needed. Real targets do!
  • So pinshot and evade win. Gotcha.

• What's that? Nerf evade?
  • people have been trying for years
  • What do the changes to torn tendons do? Just make the gravehands style hinder a flat % instead of tiered depending on number of fractures?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Sobriquet said:
    What do the changes to torn tendons do? Just make the gravehands style hinder a flat % instead of tiered depending on number of fractures? 
    Yep. Also has a very low chance of procing on flight now.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • It's a lower % chance to proc than something like isaz/piety/tentacles/whatever, but it's static instead of starting low and building with fractions.

And what Kenway said.

• Any idea what the approximate rate is to stop people trying to fly? 
  • I tested 135 times with a Ring of Flying and failed 50 of them before getting bored. A 37% proc rate does not strike me as low.
  • That's actually pretty great :O 
    Calira said:
    I tested 135 times with a Ring of Flying and failed 50 of them before getting bored. A 37% proc rate does not strike me as low.
    Considering its half of normal room hinder id call it low. Wasnt a complaint or anything i think its a good rate but it is objectively low when compared to other hinder chances. Have not yet tested the bew tendon proc rate. May do that later.

• Uhh, what? Pretty sure 37 isn't half of 33.
  • Was gonna say, I'd always heard standard room hinders were 1/3 chance. 
    Oh, sorry switched 33 to fail and 66 to not. Its 2am. 

• You fail to leave 100% of the times that you don't try. 

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Borran said:
    You fail to leave 100% of the times that you don't try. 
    Technically speaking, you don't fail any of the times that you don't try.
    Huh. Neat.
  • You win this time!

And everyone should follow this logic when they're faced with slipping on bananas. You may get eaten by a jack-in-the-box, but at least you didn't fail to leave. 

• Next classlead : Unphasing via eye-sigil forces totem hit.

With a sibilant 'shhhiiiinnngggt!', you smoothly sheathe a Scimitar of Falcons.
    You begin to wield an eye sigil in your left hand.
    You cast the eye sigil at the ground, and it bursts with a flash of light.
    Bleak is pulled back into phase with reality!
    A Scimitar of Falcons rings out brightly as you rapidly draw it from a silver-banded scabbard.
    (0)6877h|100% 3881m|86% 98% 100% (ex)(::0)(13:22:38.823) 
    Bleak says in an annoyingly loud voice, "Duanatharan."
    (0)6877h|100% 3881m|86% 98% 100% (ex)(::0)(13:22:39.153) 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited August 2016
    Shouldn't balance things around arties.
  • Because phase is totally balanced. 
  • Xaden said:
    Next classlead : Unphasing via eye-sigil forces totem hit.

With a sibilant 'shhhiiiinnngggt!', you smoothly sheathe a Scimitar of Falcons.
    You begin to wield an eye sigil in your left hand.
    You cast the eye sigil at the ground, and it bursts with a flash of light.
    Bleak is pulled back into phase with reality!
    A Scimitar of Falcons rings out brightly as you rapidly draw it from a silver-banded scabbard.
    (0)6877h|100% 3881m|86% 98% 100% (ex)(::0)(13:22:38.823) 
    Bleak says in an annoyingly loud voice, "Duanatharan."
    (0)6877h|100% 3881m|86% 98% 100% (ex)(::0)(13:22:39.153) 
    I had something written up, but pushed a button and it didn't end up as a draft, so I won't type it again ..

All I'll say this time is I agree it should be made like Imperian. I also think that all astralform and blackwind should also be included.
  • I just want a non-factional way to strip astral/bwind, preferably with a channel time longer than the balance. No more prone-wind and wait.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited August 2016
    Eguzki said:
    Shouldn't balance things around arties.
    It's nothing to do with arte's. He could easily have just triggered evade off of that. 

I'd settle for a loss of balance, or a 1-2 second stun.

ETA : Admittedly all three evade directions were guards too but that's not the point.

• Just delete serpents while you're at it :p
  • Bleak said:
    Just delete serpents while you're at it :p
    I'd back that.

But seriously though. There being absolutely no cost to being pulled out of phase seems a little... off