Artefact Armour Arrives

Comments

• @Antonius
    As others have said, we'll see in a month or two when it levels out. I'm of the opinion that the majority of people who care enough to ask a smith to make them armour instead of just "DIRECTORY ARMOUR 'k what's the cheapest one...' " will buy the artie armour, because it doesn't decay and they can more precisely customize the look, instead of just from a list of descriptors. You disagree, and that's fine. Either way, we'll see.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Was weaponsmithing already useless because of artefact weapons?
    If so, you have a valid point but it just makes things even, and you got to enjoy an advantage over weaponsmiths for quite a while.
    If not, then armoursmiths will still be fine, and legendary smiths will be even better off than before.
  • I don't think everyone is going to have 350cr to spend on armour, and I certainly don't think everyone is going to want v to spend their credits that way. 

• The way it is now is almost the way it was before in my eyes. 

Before:smith forges a shit ton of goods and sometimes gets lucky and sells elite goods to people looking for an edge for credits.

Now: smith forges a shit ton of goods to be able to sell the ability to add upgrades to armor to people looking for an edge 

Still a shit ton of forging. Just replaced luck with reaching a lofty goal. I kinda like the lofty goal being a source of profits more than blind luck. 
  • edited July 2016
    Just removed the RNG, which makes for a better trade skill, I believe.  I'm probably going to pick it back up. 

• Proficy said:

Just point out how the damage classes have once again taken a nerf, but nothing is being addressed with the efficiency, speed and deadliness of afflicting.. can there be a paragorn to make afflictions or venoms have a 5% chance of not working or something.... no one honestly dies to damage now a days anyways, its either an insta-kill or venomlock.

As 2H Runewarden with a lvl 3 sword most of my kills come from damage

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Oh, so we wouldn't be getting the full benefits of a real SoA with this new system. Nevermind then. It's 1k credits for less benefit than an actual SoA, unless I misunderstood.

Honestly, I'd rather have armour available as an artie through the regular artie system instead of having to mess with all this complicated nonsense. It also looks like these armoursmiths are going to be jacking prices quite a bit.

Since it looks like this particular trade skill is going to explode into tons of profit, I'd like it if other trade skills would also be looked at - namely Synthesis.

-- I just realized that this post sounds a bit negative. I do appreciate all the admin do. 
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Sobriquet said:
    Proficy said:

Just point out how the damage classes have once again taken a nerf, but nothing is being addressed with the efficiency, speed and deadliness of afflicting.. can there be a paragorn to make afflictions or venoms have a 5% chance of not working or something.... no one honestly dies to damage now a days anyways, its either an insta-kill or venomlock.

As 2H Runewarden with a lvl 3 sword most of my kills come from damage
    Do the others come from boredom? Or are you cleaving some people?
  • Not sure, I've usually fallen asleep

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Leviticus said:

Health

Without: No defenses or artefacts

With: Magic paragon and no defenses or artefacts

Melodie has level 3 collar (don't know if this matters)

Dragon INC:
    Without                         |     With

1340 Dmg (31.5 percent)              937 damage (22.0 percent)

DECAY:

1152 Dmg (27 percent)              633 damage (14.9 percent)

Helewys has level 2 collar

STAFFCAST:

1189 Dmg (27.9 percent)       |      921 Dmg (21.6 percent)

Errant spikes jut out from this brutal-looking ring mail. Cruel barbs jut out at sharp angles from 
    this wicked-looking ring mail.
    It weighs about 80 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Leviticus.
    This armour has 3 embrasures.
    The following paragons have been inserted:
    1: a citreous paragon (paragon232275)     magic damage protection
    2: an aeneaous paragon (paragon417591)     Absorption effect
    3: a nacreous deltahedral paragon (paragon424404)     morphing (level 3)
    It will reset to you.

I am thinking of buying a blunt, cutting and poison leather one for Monk
    Those numbers look a lot higher than the stated effect.
  • Armali said:
    Leviticus said:

Health

Without: No defenses or artefacts

With: Magic paragon and no defenses or artefacts

Melodie has level 3 collar (don't know if this matters)

Dragon INC:

1340 Dmg (31.5 percent)              937 damage (22.0 percent)

DECAY:

1152 Dmg (27 percent)              633 damage (14.9 percent)

Helewys has level 2 collar

STAFFCAST:

1189 Dmg (27.9 percent)       |      921 Dmg (21.6 percent)

Errant spikes jut out from this brutal-looking ring mail. Cruel barbs jut out at sharp angles from 
    this wicked-looking ring mail.
    It weighs about 80 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Leviticus.
    This armour has 3 embrasures.
    The following paragons have been inserted:
    1: a citreous paragon (paragon232275)     magic damage protection
    2: an aeneaous paragon (paragon417591)     Absorption effect
    3: a nacreous deltahedral paragon (paragon424404)     morphing (level 3)
    It will reset to you.

I am thinking of buying a blunt, cutting and poison leather one for Monk
    Those numbers look a lot higher than the stated effect.
    Thats my numbers. It could be a bug. A lot of bugs I am finding actually.
  • Magic resistance should make more sense now, we had some strange issues there from an old system.
  • Sena said:
    Was weaponsmithing already useless because of artefact weapons?
    If so, you have a valid point but it just makes things even, and you got to enjoy an advantage over weaponsmiths for quite a while.
    If not, then armoursmiths will still be fine, and legendary smiths will be even better off than before.

I'm trans weaponsmithing and armoursmithing (dwarf, just felt it was right to do both IC), and have sold much more armour than weapons, prior to artie armour.
    Honestly I can only think of two occasions someone has asked me to forge weapons, and both were returning from dormancy (not that that has anything to do with it).
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I would like to add, for anyone actually reading what I'm writing, that I still plan on getting artie armour at some point, because I have the disposable income to afford it and it seems too good a deal not to. I just realise at the same time that it'll put a damper on an already rare market for custom smithed armour.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • @Nicola @Makarios : If I may ask (the thread is quite long so I don't know if anyone has already,) are the armor prices in the Artie Cart some sort of discount, or are they only offered this month, or are they the full price and no discount at all? Thanks!
  • edited July 2016
    Edit: sorry for double post.

For those of you who think armorsmithing and weaponsmithing are now useless, please look at these two threads:

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/3788/allow-smiths-to-put-forging-descriptors-on-artefact-weapons#latest

and

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4236/allow-legendary-smiths-to-create-one-custom-forging-descriptor#latest

For a very long time I did my best to brainstorm ideas that would make weaponsmithing and armorsmithing more useful because I was very afraid the skills were not as useful as they could be. While the ideas in these threads are not yet implemented, both of them are ideas that have been accepted for eventual implementation, as you can see from @Sarapis 's approval of them in the threads.

Also, let's remember that the artefact armor options require a Legendary smith to work them. I am not sure that'll make the smith tons and tons and tons of money, but in my eyes it makes Legendary smith status make sense to attain.

• @Silvarian

These are the current prices, they're available now in both the cart and artefact shop and will be (bar any catastrophies) for the foreseeable future.

• edited July 2016
    With how much the average legendary smith is charging for embrasures (300cr-500cr) and pries (5cr-7cr). I guess the morphing armour is now worth the cost in the long term perspective. :/

Edit: All due to the fact that consumers have zero self-control and are willing to pay whatever the price to get what they want. Screw you supply and demand! *shakes angry fists at basic economics*
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Lol wtf, who's charging 500cr for embrasures?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Lol wtf, who's charging 500cr for embrasures?
    Yeah, the max I've seen anyone charge after asking all the legendary smiths who were advertising was 50cr. Unless you found a way to be playing on a time with even fewer people than 6am EST on a Thursday and there's a one man monopoly...
  • edited July 2016
    50cr for embrasures? Let me know who. D:

40-50cr is officially (sadly) a good deal for me right now.

Hopefully the ones overcharging in the three digits will lower their prices to what everyone else is charging.

Edit:

Got a good deal for 40cr just now! <3 Razzlo

And for those wondering how Rondels are upgraded.

Here is how:

artifact fullplate upgrade
    It will cost 470 500 credits (apparently I had artie upgrade vouchers) to process an upgrade to a lightweight suit of steel full plate to contain three embrasures. If you
    wish to proceed, type ARTIFACT FULLPLATE UPGRADE CONFIRM.

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Don't know if this is possible at the moment, but would it be possible to allow dragons the cloth armour for non-resist/defensive related paragons? Plus any interesting functional paragons that might come out of the competition. 

I too would like another 20-slot container while still in D-form >_>

Skye said:
    Don't know if this is possible at the moment, but would it be possible to allow dragons the cloth armour for non-resist/defensive related paragons? Plus any interesting functional paragons that might come out of the competition. 

I too would like another 20-slot container while still in D-form >_>

While I'm not certain, I'd put money on the container paragon still being effective while not wearing the armour.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Yeah, ok. I seriously don't think this needs to be left in the hands of the players to "price" artifacts. Everyone needs to put their feet down and refuse to buy at those prices. Ridiculous.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    Yeah, ok. I seriously don't think this needs to be left in the hands of the players to "price" artifacts. Everyone needs to put their feet down and refuse to buy at those prices. Ridiculous.
    As a player I agree, but Razzlo as a character is going to charge high as he is one of a handful of suppliers of this service (and the most active one that is not enemied to any city). 

As a player I think it would make sense for Master Smiths and above to be able to do it, but I am pretty sure they want people to spend all those damned commodities on getting up to Legendary. I mean, you would still get a run of people that are Artisinal and Virtuoso buying comms to race to Master, but not sure if that would have the effect they want long term.

So until demand decreases, suppliers increase, or the mechanic changes...I will be charging 20-40 credits on Razzlo. 
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    It's new and shiny. It'll drop. Especially as folks make a mad dash for Legendary Smith and start undercutting each other. Granted, I wouldn't mind a -certain- level of "Legendary Smith Union" price fixing, just because I think it's completely valid they should make some money off this, but I highly doubt 50cr will stay the asking price forever. Frankly I will be shocked if eventually someone doesn't start offering to do them at cost like players wind up doing for every trade skill in the game.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    Razzlo said:
    Ismay said:
    Yeah, ok. I seriously don't think this needs to be left in the hands of the players to "price" artifacts. Everyone needs to put their feet down and refuse to buy at those prices. Ridiculous.
    As a player I agree, but Razzlo as a character is going to charge high as he is one of a handful of suppliers of this service (and the most active one that is not enemied to any city). 

As a player I think it would make sense for Master Smiths and above to be able to do it, but I am pretty sure they want people to spend all those damned commodities on getting up to Legendary. I mean, you would still get a run of people that are Artisinal and Virtuoso buying comms to race to Master, but not sure if that would have the effect they want long term.

So until demand decreases, suppliers increase, or the mechanic changes...I will be charging 20-40 credits on Razzlo. 
    He was more referring to the people charging in the triple digits, I'd assume.
    Huh. Neat.
  • There's actually quite a few grandmaster smiths who are willing to do it at cost for their cities.

If people want to drive the cost of embrasures down. Start talking to the grandmaster smiths in your cities/orgs and asking if they're interested in reaching legendary and how you can help them get there.
  • The prices have fluctuated greatly over the first few days. Up and down action before people realized that players are now gate keepers to artifacts. Cause really,, my first instinct was that it would be a lot like forging something, more a favor than profit. And it was the same for the talisman market, people finding out what things were worth to others. So Right now The battle is to fight the people saying 'well fuck it then' and walk away in anger. So I'm trying not to scare people away but when I thought about it, if someone said that I couldn't use my soa until I paid 30 more credits, I would have paid. But mostly Razz's business right now has been people who don't want or are morally against dealing with Proficy. 
  • Does anyone have a list of all the damage attacks and their damage type? If not this would be an interesting project to work on.