Some 2H questions

2»

Comments

• I'd just curare on everything, particularly when starting out. There's rarely a better venom, and doing pref/underhand won't do much since it won't affect that attack (unless I'm mistaken there somehow) and they'll cure the sensitivity before the next.

Burying sensitivity under curare would be the more effective option, especially since it hinders at the same time.
  • I wouldn't spend too much time on what venoms you are using to start. Throw curare or prefarar on and work on your momentum stacks. Once you are comfortable building stacks and getting disembowels off then start branching out more. I'd probably practice prep over venom choices too. Some people know how to deal with your momentum so being able to sneak a prep in while you do stacks as a back up is a solid strategy.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Kyrra said:
    Liyane said:
    Cynlael said:
     You can also prefarar on underhand, which you should be aiming to do a couple times at least, to increase their sip balance (which'll also give relapsing sensitivity)
    Ignorant question: Don't prefarar and underhand do the same thing: give sensitivity? What's the benefit of doing both?
    Underhand targets the torso specifically and those breaks increase sip balance in a similar way that Overhand targets the head and can give concussions. 

Or something.
    This is backwards. Skull fractures increase sip balance, broken ribs lower sip%

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited January 2017
    Farrah said:
    I'd just curare on everything, particularly when starting out. There's rarely a better venom, and doing pref/underhand won't do much since it won't affect that attack (unless I'm mistaken there somehow) and they'll cure the sensitivity before the next.

Burying sensitivity under curare would be the more effective option, especially since it hinders at the same time.
    Here's my ignorance again. I thought the pref was to strip deafness so the sensitivity would stick. I've had trouble finding good information on afflictions. Most people seem more interested in curing them haha

And for the idea of focusing on stacking that others are saying, I get that but at the same time I feel it makes sense to put in the right venom when I start. If that's curare fine but I just want to be a bit educated on it.
  • edited January 2017
    So the speed you attack at is so slow that you won't really 'stick' with venoms. When you give frac, it has an aff associated with it that will reaff more frequently the more fracts of that type they have. So you use curare to force them to cure that once, rather than the lethargy/clumsy/sensi you are relapsing passively. Using prefarar is a waste imo since torso fracts will strip deaf/give sensi on their own, and if they relapsed to sensi already and you go pref, you wasted a venom. Curare is a high priority aff that they have to cure before the other stuff, and so it slows them down more per hit than anything else you can do, outside of some niche cases I might not be aware of.
  • Thanks! That makes sense.
  • Liyane said:
    Farrah said:
    I'd just curare on everything, particularly when starting out. There's rarely a better venom, and doing pref/underhand won't do much since it won't affect that attack (unless I'm mistaken there somehow) and they'll cure the sensitivity before the next.

Here's my ignorance again. I thought the pref was to strip deafness so the sensitivity would stick. I've had trouble finding good information on afflictions. Most people seem more interested in curing them haha

And for the idea of focusing on stacking that others are saying, I get that but at the same time I feel it makes sense to put in the right venom when I start. If that's curare fine but I just want to be a bit educated on it.
    Prefarar/underhand will undeaf the target and give sensitivity. They'll respond to that by immediately eating kelp to cure sensitivity, though, meaning it didn't "stick."

If you do curare/underhand instead, the first hit will only strip deafness, but they'll eat bloodroot. Then the next sensi proc will give sensitivity and you'll curare again and they'll still eat bloodroot, so sensitivity "sticks." 

That's in addition to the problem of possible redundancy that Khel mentioned (which never happens with paralysis because fractures don't give it), and also the extra hinder paralysis adds.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Since I don't think I've posted this info anywhere yet:

1-2 fractures = 5s relapse
    3 = 3s relapse
    4 = 2s relapse
    5+ = 1s relapse

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Farrah said:
    If you do curare/underhand instead, the first hit will only strip deafness, but they'll eat bloodroot. Then the next sensi proc will give sensitivity and you'll curare again and they'll still eat bloodroot, so sensitivity "sticks."
    So it's worthwhile doing two underhands back to back rather than separated by multiple hews?
  • edited January 2017
    Liyane said:
    So it's worthwhile doing two underhands back to back rather than separated by multiple hews?
    Not exactly. Your "affliction pressure" is only indirectly related to the actual hits (underhand, overhead, hew, etc.) that you do.

Your hits deal health damage and fractures. The fractures then relapse afflictions (sensitivity, clumsiness, etc.). What fractures you 'should' prioritise giving out would depend on what fractures your target prioritises to cure first. For example, you may want to hit a few times with torso and leg fracs. This will spread out your fractures -- but also ensure that you have a wider array of afflictions relapsing. With a curare sword, for example, torso and leg fracs will also relapse sensitivity and lethargy. Curing one would leave 2 affs "stuck". On the other hand, doing just torso with a curare sword will only deal paralysis and sensitivity, and curing one would leave just one other "stuck".

Two underhands back to back, therefore, won't have too much on an effect on your aff pressure -- what matters is that you stick the fractures, which do give out the affs.
     <3 
  • So if I'm understanding this right, you don't have to hit twice for sensitivity because it's relapsing? So first instance strips the deafness and when it relapses the sensitivity will stick? 
  • Yep yep!
     <3 
  • Liyane said:
    So if I'm understanding this right, you don't have to hit twice for sensitivity because it's relapsing? So first instance strips the deafness and when it relapses the sensitivity will stick? 
    Like Kenway said, the number of fracts determines how fast the relapse is. But as long as there is a nonzero amount, it relapses that aff. So if they have torso fracts and re-deaf, next tick strips deaf. If they lose deaf and don't reset, the next gives sensi.
  • Thanks everyone. I definitely have a much clearer picture now.