Mudlet crashing when I open the mapper

Tried the Mudlet forum but it seems they are queueing messages for admin approval to prevent spam, so I figured I'd see if anyone here had seen a similar issue.

I'm trying to get Mudlet set up again after being gone for a while. On my Windows laptop, I install a fresh copy of Mudlet (after uninstalling the old one as thoroughly as I can), then connect to Achaea with the default profile for it, then try to open the mapper. Mudlet crashes immediately.  This seems to happen with 2.1 and with 3.0.0-delta, and it also doesn't seem to matter whether it's an older or newer version of the mapper script.  It also crashes if I go into settings and try to download a map.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I'm pretty software-savvy but I'm not at all sure what's going on here.

Comments

• Just had this issue.

To fix I went into config folder and deleted everything about maps. Uninstaller from profile, saved profile.

Deleted mapper from downloads folder, re downloaded to a different sub folder then installed from there. No issues now.

Assumed it was a single corrupt map file, but no proof for that.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I *thought* I'd deleted everything in my config folder, but I suppose it's possible I missed something.  I'll try in a little while and report back. Thanks.