Ask Your Producer: Spring 2016

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Szanthax said:
    What's up with my dragonscale amour... Used to be able to wear it as a monk. :( armour arties?
    No immediate plans for artefact armour at the moment - as for the dragonscale armour, that was changed many years ago to respect class restrictions (at least 10 RL years ago).

Kayeil said:
    Tecton said:
    Kayeil said:
    1.) Any plans to make some Shop of Wonders arties able to have their artefact powers transferred to another artefact?

2.) Will there possibly be a shop log? Been hoping for one for a long time, even if the log only showed a few days with no indication as to who bought the item. Just easier to keep track of what to restock if we can see what items sold for what price.

3.) Are we allowed to ask @Sarapis questions here, too? I had some I wanted to ask, but I can't remember what they are... but just in case I can remember...
    1) Eventually, yes!
    2) There's a couple of ideas in the system for it, yes
    3) Pfft, so you're saying I'm not good enough?

The first two make me super happy and ecstatic. Thank you thank you.

Of COURSE you're good enough. <3  I remembered my question... I was just merely curious how involved in the other IRE games he is... like if he plays a God in them, if he's as involved in development and events as he is here in Achaea, and if he interacts with the players there, like on forums and stuff. I played Aetolia and Lusternia avoiding OOC clans and forums, but never heard anything about him being as involved or interactive in the other IRE games.  But obviously Achaea has the best team.
    I'll see if Sarapis wants to answer this one, if not, I'll answer it later today.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited April 2016
    1. If Mortori has moved on to greener pastures, is there any further plans to fix hunting anytime soon?  Monks feels like it's in a pretty rough spot now, comparatively speaking, and there still seems to be a few classes that just outshine others(Runie/Bard).

2. Will the new artefacts have a lot of combat implications? 

3. Come on, new class spoilers!

4. Do you think city guards are in a good spot and is there any incentive planned to encourage factions to not use them? 

Edit: added 4. Sorry, I'm curious

• Kayeil said:

Of COURSE you're good enough. <3  I remembered my question... I was just merely curious how involved in the other IRE games he is... like if he plays a God in them, if he's as involved in development and events as he is here in Achaea, and if he interacts with the players there, like on forums and stuff. I played Aetolia and Lusternia avoiding OOC clans and forums, but never heard anything about him being as involved or interactive in the other IRE games.  But obviously Achaea has the best team.
    I have minimal interaction with anyone on the other games other than the paid staff. I do have out-of-role god characters in all of them, but I don't do anything god-like in them, and have almost never said anything in the non-Achaea forums.
    edited April 2016
    Austere said:
    1. If Mortori has moved on to greener pastures, is there any further plans to fix hunting anytime soon?  Monks feels like it's in a pretty rough spot now, comparatively speaking, and there still seems to be a few classes that just outshine others(Runie/Bard).

2. Will the new artefacts have a lot of combat implications? 

3. Come on, new class spoilers!

1) We're going to continue the PVE rebalancing in the near future, adding modifiers for defensive and utility capability, so a more tanky class will have a lower damage output than the glass cannons etc.

2) Not many of them have big combat implications in this batch.

3) <lorielan>No.</lorielan>

ETA 4) Generally, I think they're in a good place, they should provide a home court advantage to defenders.
  • Will the class be locked/factionalized in anyway?

Are there any plans to add a class slot switch feature? If I want to keep the lesson investment in my first slot class, swap it to third for a fee, while keeping the majority of those lessons spent (respecting the modifier of the slot) while allowing the slot to be used with the smaller modifier?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Atalkez said:
    Will the class be locked/factionalized in anyway?

Are there any plans to add a class slot switch feature? If I want to keep the lesson investment in my first slot class, swap it to third for a fee, while keeping the majority of those lessons spent (respecting the modifier of the slot) while allowing the slot to be used with the smaller modifier?
    1) Nothing planned at this stage.
    2) Not something we're going to offer, sorry!
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Any chance there'll be a feature considered where there might be some type of trophy hunting like seamonsters,  but on land instead? Maybe even without a gold reward? I think the trophies on seamonster hunting are neat, especially when you can stick them in the bottle and have a mini with zero advantage to yourself other than just having something neat you enjoy.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Kayeil said:
    Any chance there'll be a feature considered where there might be some type of trophy hunting like seamonsters,  but on land instead? Maybe even without a gold reward? I think the trophies on seamonster hunting are neat, especially when you can stick them in the bottle and have a mini with zero advantage to yourself other than just having something neat you enjoy.
    No immediate plans, but I'm not opposed to the idea!
  • How much longer I gotta wait for that stuff I'm waiting for? And if you use the word "soon" at all I'm going to remind everyone about the fact that you used to wear a ponytail.
  • Tecton said:
    No immediate plans for artefact armour at the moment
    Can we at least have the option to nondecay, resetting and customize armour (and shields please) then, even if it's at a much higher cost than normal? I miss things like custom fullplate, and flavour it added.
    Penwize said:
    Tecton said:
    Can we at least have the option to nondecay, resetting and customize armour (and shields please) then, even if it's at a much higher cost than normal? I miss things like custom fullplate, and flavour it added.
    We don't want to cut the legs out of the armoursmithing tradeskill, so while I can see the convenience, it's not something that we're planning on offering at this time.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Has there been any discussion/movement on the Admin end in regards to allowing Deacon to restore Devotion and lift excom?

Which is your least favorite class, and why?

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • What is the majority of the Achaea engine coded in?

Do you have any plans of altering the Relics further with some of the ideas that have been proposed recently? (Limiting the time of being held, or Lifegiver not protecting the others, etc) 

Do you think the Relics have been a good addition to the game since their inception?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Aodfionn said:
    Has there been any discussion/movement on the Admin end in regards to allowing Deacon to restore Devotion and lift excom?

Which is your least favorite class, and why?

1) Don't see any ideas in-game about it!
    2) Hrrm, from a balancing point of view, probably monks, they have a huge number of moving parts. From a thematic point of view, I love them all.
  • edited April 2016
    Has there been any consideration to basically remake Blademaster into a more interesting class concept? Something along the lines of more interesting combos and less attempts at hitting with your pommel and attempts to slash and bleed someone?

I wonder if it could get other 'named sword arts' in its kit alongside Brokenstar. Would add a lot of flavor. The Blademaster from the lore used a lovely sword art called "Desperate Angel (?)" that I found quite exquisite.
  • I always thought he used Annihilate.

Asmodron said:
    Has there been any consideration to basically remake Blademaster into a more interesting class concept? Something along the lines of more interesting combos and less attempts at hitting with your pommel and attempts to slash and bleed someone?

I wonder if it could get other 'named sword arts' in its kit alongside Brokenstar. Would add a lot of flavor. The Blademaster from the lore used a lovely sword art called "Desperate Angel (?)" that I found quite exquisite.
    We're generally pretty happy with where the class sits, that's not to say that we don't think there are tweaks and massages to be made to promote some different playstyles (rather than leaning on one or two combos).

Brokenstar is the ability name for desperate angel, actually. If you compare the ability messages to the lore, you'll see that they're pretty much identical.
    edited April 2016
    1. Why has Ugrach been buffed to the point that he is and are there any plans to nerf him to a more reasonable group oriented denizen. While I'm all for tough honors mobs,  it really does seem like the only way to kill him is solo and with a bag full of tricks that are not available to everyone (or even most people), due to his healing. [Relic question]

2. What's your favorite music genre?
  • Atalkez said:
    I always thought he used Annihilate.

Oh my no, he basically used a special sword technique that is used in a 'desperate situation', meaning his vitals were dead low, so it was fully empowered.
    Austere said:
    1. Why has Ugrach been buffed to the point that he is and are there any plans to nerf him to a more reasonable group oriented denizen. While I'm all for tough honors mobs,  it really does seem like the only way to kill him is solo and with a bag full of tricks that are not available to everyone (or even most people), due to his healing. 

1) Do you feel you should be able to solo every denizen in the game?

2) Mainly rock!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    1) Explorer fixing round soon? *fingercross*

2) ETA on the idea I've had approved for two and a half years? (I just Wanna be able to see things in things already u.u)

3) How many separate areas are there, just out of curiosityour

4) How often do you play as a regular character?
    Huh. Neat.
    Tecton said:
    Austere said:
    1. Why has Ugrach been buffed to the point that he is and are there any plans to nerf him to a more reasonable group oriented denizen. While I'm all for tough honors mobs,  it really does seem like the only way to kill him is solo and with a bag full of tricks that are not available to everyone (or even most people), due to his healing. 

2) Mainly rock!
    I think the only way you can kill him currently is solo.  I could be wrong, though.  Was really hoping that he could be changed into something that promotes group activity instead of solo mission that is locked away from 99.9% of the game.  Even though mechanically I know how right now,  unless I change stuff up drastically, I can't
    Ahmet said:
    1) Explorer fixing round soon? *fingercross*

2) ETA on the idea I've had approved for two and a half years? (I just Wanna be able to see things in things already u.u)

3) How many separate areas are there, just out of curiosityour

4) How often do you play as a regular character?
    1) I've been fixing some up as I get time here and there.
    2) When it's done.
    3) 523 distinct areas in the game at the moment.
    4) Not that often, once every few weeks I'll make a newbie and run through some things looking for snags and newbie irritations.
    Austere said:
    Tecton said:
    Austere said:

2) Mainly rock!
    I think the only way you can kill him currently is solo.  I could be wrong, though.  Was really hoping that he could be changed into something that promotes group activity instead of solo mission that is locked away from 99.9% of the game.  Even though mechanically I know how right now,  unless I change stuff up drastically, I can't
    Ahh, I see what you mean, I misread your initial post. Yeah, I could definitely see tweaks being made to many of the honours mobs in this post-battlerage world.
  • Tecton said:
    Penwize said:
    Tecton said:
    We don't want to cut the legs out of the armoursmithing tradeskill, so while I can see the convenience, it's not something that we're planning on offering at this time.

Do you - and Sarapis, since it seemed to be mainly his brainchild - consider the reworked forging a success then? Personally I don't see a lot of descriptors being used (though I also don't look at a lot of armour in stores), and wouldn't ever pay the sometimes extremely high costs involved for some of them because the item won't last.

Would you be more supportive of a suggestion that required making a single, large investment into armoursmithing for non-decay rather than paying credits? That seems like it would work out better for armour smiths than the current situation where I'd spend maybe a few thousand gold per suit of armour per couple of RL months.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Tecton said:
    Szanthax said:
    What's up with my dragonscale amour... Used to be able to wear it as a monk. :( armour arties?
    No immediate plans for artefact armour at the moment - as for the dragonscale armour, that was changed many years ago to respect class restrictions (at least 10 RL years ago).
    Old and senile lol

edited April 2016
    Antonius said:
    Tecton said:
    Penwize said:
    Tecton said:

Do you - and Sarapis, since it seemed to be mainly his brainchild - consider the reworked forging a success then? Personally I don't see a lot of descriptors being used (though I also don't look at a lot of armour in stores), and wouldn't ever pay the sometimes extremely high costs involved for some of them because the item won't last.

Would you be more supportive of a suggestion that required making a single, large investment into armoursmithing for non-decay rather than paying credits? That seems like it would work out better for armour smiths than the current situation where I'd spend maybe a few thousand gold per suit of armour per couple of RL months.

From a general gameplay point of view, I view it as a success. Players can now pick up a worthwhile suit of armour easily, without having to shell out hundreds of thousands of gold to offset the old roulette style of forging, and forgers can now complete an order of weapons and armour on-demand, rather than afk trigger forging for hours on end.

As for the cosmetic descriptors and that aspect, I've not looked too much recently, but last time I looked, many armoursmiths had described suits of armour for themselves, while they may just do the basic/cheap descriptors for those they wish to on-sell.

I could potentially see a "repair" ability being added to the forging skills to maintain their own weapons and armour for a percentage of the initial commodity cost or something (completely spitballing here, no promises).
This discussion has been closed.