Denizen Mail

For those who don't know, the courier boy in Delos can deliver mail to denizens for a fee, which I didn't know until a denizen said so.

I have a question though, for the Garden folks: How and how often is the denizen mail checked?

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.

Comments

• I've conversed with denizens via him. I doubt you'll get a response unless there's a very good reason though. :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • I see! Just wondered about the delay.
  • Wow, didn't know about this feature, so thanks :)
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Since this is already out in the open, I'll give a word of advice.

Back when Mhaldor was in the early stages of negotiating with the ormyrr, Shaitan asked the council to figure out a way to talk with them. Since Nizaris was ambassador, it seemed proper for him to try and figure something out. Which inevitably led to Nizaris getting killed on Krenindala. Tried talking to them as a soul, and got nothing. So, I ended up using that denizen to deliver a letter, and then also messaged Shaitan that I had done so. 

IC, this had the purpose of letting him know that I had carried out his orders. OOC, I hoped that this would let the player know to check the messages and continue the story line.

Oh, and also, I made an offering of that boy's broken body in the letter to the ormyrr. He should be dead. :D
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Not immediately relevant to the above, but I recently received a letter from a denizen instead of the usual *random denizen appears in your room and talks to you* things.

It wasn't your usual elegant white letter, too, it was a special (Order, I think) one, which I really appreciated. Props to whoever did that, it made my day.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I'd hoped for the forum question to be a nudge in the direction of a response, but I guess whoever's responsible is probably busy with the event. Except that my mail is in reference to the event. Fingers crossed.
  • Message them if you have not contacted them already, but do not pester them. If they have not responded there is likely a reason.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • I read this as "Denizen Mall", thought about Ragnarok Online, and was suitably confused.

I never knew something like this exists! My goodness this is exactly what I needed ;_; brb, going back in.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Nizaris said:
    Since this is already out in the open, I'll give a word of advice.

Back when Mhaldor was in the early stages of negotiating with the ormyrr, Shaitan asked the council to figure out a way to talk with them. Since Nizaris was ambassador, it seemed proper for him to try and figure something out. Which inevitably led to Nizaris getting killed on Krenindala. Tried talking to them as a soul, and got nothing. So, I ended up using that denizen to deliver a letter, and then also messaged Shaitan that I had done so. 

IC, this had the purpose of letting him know that I had carried out his orders. OOC, I hoped that this would let the player know to check the messages and continue the story line.

Oh, and also, I made an offering of that boy's broken body in the letter to the ormyrr. He should be dead. :D
    I was going to make a comment about not killing messenger…but that is totally inappropriate now…Hermes don't kill me
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• edited November 2012
    Wysteria said:
    Nizaris said:
    I was going to make a comment about not killing messenger…but that is totally inappropriate now…Hermes don't kill me
    He dead.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • ....too soon, @beya

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    gdi
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Think this has run its course now.

Denizen letters are checked regularly by the Garden.
    We don't guarantee a response to every letter or request (though we try our best).

This discussion has been closed.