Change to the issue system

Thought I would bring this up since we've recently had a change to the bug system to be more efficient. 

Currently as the issue system works that once an issue is handled it is removed from the system. A problem occurs when a person has multiple issues existing or it has taken some time for the issue response to come through.

As an example I received this issue reply. "3/22/5:16 Greetings! In regard to your recent issue #75795, unfortunately, at this point no specific details exist that we can give further information on!"

This (I am guessing) is the response to an issue I submitted a few weeks ago and I can't remember exactly what I asked. Because I can no longer access the issue to read over I have to issue myself, again, to find out what the original issue was.

I propose one of two options:

Let issues linger for a set time after being resolved
Changing the system to mark issues as resolved much like the bugs and ideas system. This allows people to check what the initial issue was, the wording of it and if the answer was actually what they were looking for.

Include issue details in replies
It can either be by the admin responding with more detail in the issue resolutions or instituting a coded way that appends the response with the original issue.

"Greetings! In regard to your recent issue #75795 about Tecton's favourite nail polish colour, unfortunately, at this point no specific details exist that we can give further information on!"

Or 

"Greetings! In regard to your recent issue #75795, unfortunately, at this point no specific details exist that we can give further information on! (ISSUE #75795 : Hey just wondering what Tecton's favourite nail polish colour is? I need to know for a genderswap artisanal piece.)

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Great idea! I've had the same problem in the past. Either because one forgets, or how exactly the question was worded can't be remembered so you're not quite sure what the answer is or isn't confirming.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Or if not this, at least include the issue text in the response. Either would work wonderfully.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.