Armor or Horkval?

2»

Comments

• Thurisaz is part fire and part blunt, star is part magic and part blunt, hugalaz and hailstorm are part cold and part blunt. I believe meteor is blunt.
  • Makes more sense!
  • edited December 2012
    Tirac said:
    Thurisaz is part fire and part blunt, star is part magic and part blunt, hugalaz and hailstorm are part cold and part blunt. I believe meteor is blunt.
    Last I tested them, thurisaz/star/meteor were all blunt (not decreased by fire or magic resistance), hugalaz/hailstorm is cold damage (explicitly stated in the announce post where it was changed from blunt to cold; don't remember what type runeblade hugalaz is).

I've also still never seen evidence of a single attack with multiple damage types.
  • RIP Darroth. RIP holy damage type.
  • I just tested with thurisaz and you're right. That's odd, because I have a log where I lost my fire resistance enchantment from a thurisaz hit (the old resistance rings). Maybe a bug.
  • edited December 2012
    Edit: Nevermind, forgot the difference between "magic damage" and "damage from a magical source".
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • Tirac said:
    I just tested with thurisaz and you're right. That's odd, because I have a log where I lost my fire resistance enchantment from a thurisaz hit (the old resistance rings). Maybe a bug.
    Maybe it used to be fire and was changed to blunt.
  • Hail to cold recent? RIP troll hugalaz stun?
  • Mid-2007. Announce 2501.
  • edited December 2012
    It's blunt.

Judging by announce, this is probably a bug/oversight.

Hugalaz runeblade is cold.

Double type single attacks show up twice on numb, by the way. See: Annwyn wolf tackle attack
  • Did you just test it? Ground hugalaz, runeblade hugalaz, or hailstorm?
  • edited December 2012
    Daeir said:
    What is so amazing about leap, exactly?
    It's like a nerfed evade, which still leaves it very useful. It takes about 1 second of balance, and lets you get past obstructions like walls, blocking, frozen ground, banana peels, etc. (don't remember if it avoids gravehands/piety). It also lets you move more quickly through difficult wilderness terrain (if you can't fly and don't have Landstrider's Boots), though leaping that much will kill your endurance pretty quickly.

Edit: Apparently I was wrong about frozen ground and banana peels.
  • Daeir said:
    What is so amazing about leap, exactly?
    Fairly quick way to get past rubble/walls/etc that you get from the beginning without having to get up to tumble or whatever in Survival (and tumble is a lot slower), or whatever class skill you may be lucky enough to get for the same purpose.
  • Frozen ground, peels, gravehands/piety still have a chance of stopping it. But leaping over someones attempted gank block is mighty fine.
  • Leaping also gives you a generic means of entering a room off balance/eq with cloak still up. Might nice perk when scouting during those pesky border raids.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Zeon said:
    Leaping also gives you a generic means of entering a room off balance/eq with cloak still up. Might nice perk when scouting during those pesky border raids.
    Why would you want to enter off bal/eq?
  • Zeon runs out of shield tattoo a lot and he's poor
  • edited December 2012
    To avoid beckon and warding.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • EldEld
    edited December 2012
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.
  • Also if it works like mountjump (which I think it does), it lets you spam while in gravehands/tentacles/piety.