Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Woodlore Animals

ZbacoZbaco Posts: 81Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
I may have missed this because I was away from the game for a while, but when did we lose the ability to summon more than two of our Woodlore animals at a time? Tried to summon the whole entourage last night, but it was a no-go. A classlead change at some point, I assume?

Comments

• AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,200Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Part of the total overhaul of the forestal classes last year.
  • ZbacoZbaco Posts: 81Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Gotcha...waa checking through old posts but hadn't come across that one yet. Thanks.
  • BelerofonBelerofon Posts: 10Member
    The offset to this was that we can now summon them while away from the forest.  And the enrage ability.
  • RangorRangor Posts: 2,891Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    And they are much more powerful

• BorranBorran Posts: 845Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I had to go back looking through old files to help a Sentinel the other day.  I forgot how fast petrify can be.

• ScaeScae Posts: 16Member
    But they can be used only against adventurers
    Be wild; that is how to clear the river.
  • LyrinLyrin Posts: 139Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

Keep in mind that you can SEARCHNEWS ANNOUNCE WOODLORE|SKIRMISHING|METAMORPHOSIS to easily track down posts summarising changes to abilities.

ZbacoKyrraBaedarius
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,081Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rangor said:

You can say that again (nearly a year on and I'm sitting here wondering how they haven't been classleaded against).
  • MagentaMagenta EuropePosts: 160Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Xaden said:
    Rangor said:

You can say that again (nearly a year on and I'm sitting here wondering how they haven't been classleaded against).
    Probably because there aren't enough Sentinels around? :P
    Magenta said:
    Xaden said:
    Rangor said:

They have been classleaded each year, last round they got a slight buff on passive affs, this round they got that taken away again :(
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,081Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rangor said:
    Magenta said:
    Xaden said:
    Rangor said:

They have been classleaded each year, last round they got a slight buff on passive affs, this round they got that taken away again :(
    Wait... the passive affs I was getting hit with yesterday are POST-nerf?! GTFO of here
  • ScaeScae Posts: 16Member
    Belerofon said:
    The offset to this was that we can now summon them while away from the forest.  And the enrage ability.
    How? Mine fox summons only from forest
    Be wild; that is how to clear the river.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,164Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You have to have AB WOODLORE NATIVITY. It's at Virtuoso.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
  • TelinusTelinus Posts: 143Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    with the changes, you should only be being hit by a single entities passive attacks, as teh sentinel will normally always enrage one animal each hit.

The only times i can think they wouldn't is when utilising handaxe.

Whilst using handaxe, the only passive afflictions from 2 entities would be a mixture of stupidity/confusion/paranoia - all of which are focusable.

If you are being hit by 2 entities passive affs at once, it means the sentinel isn't enraging and therefore stalling their own affliction rate, and leaving everything up to RNG, which is a bad decision.
  • OmorOmor Posts: 756Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

@Telinus I think @Xaden was referencing when we were fighting you and @Iakimen. Maybe it was confusing because dragoncurse was proccing at the same time, but I was getting 3-4 affs simultaneously as well. Not sure if it was the Sentinel/Dragon combination or what, but that's a lot of affs.

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    sentinel/dragon combo is pretty hot.
    Telinus
  • TelinusTelinus Posts: 143Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited January 31
    Well, dragon can give 2 affs + prone, if I enrage an entity + doublestrike and get a lucky timed entity passive, that's 6 affs at once. EDIT - from both the dragon and the sentinel combined, so 4 affs at once is possible if lucky RNG

I was also using handaxe till the last engagement, which is max 3 affs with a lucky passive - though all passives (and all bar 1 petrify aff) is focusable, so handaxe + passive should just make you use focus and eat 1 herb leaving one aff stuck, similar to how DW works (2 affs + a passive)
Sign In to Comment.