Serverside - question

Just getting started on the game, bashed myself up to about ~60 in a day or two and hoping to get to 80 ish within the next few days. By this point I've started noticing mobs are occasionally afflicting me and so far I've been manual healing / curing with just aliases (no colour triggers or anything yet). I want to get into PVP once I'm a bit more sure footed and I have a couple questions:

1) Is the server-side curing reliable enough to use it exclusively?
2) Would I benefit more from writing a system of my own from scratch? [Can do this, but it's a bit of a time sink though I'm thinking it would also help me learn more about the game in general]
3) Is there a way of tracking prone on the prompt? [Aetolia has this but everything I've looked at so far suggests that Achaea doesn't).

Comments

• Server-side curing untouched is going to let you do anything bashing-related and fight at a mid tier level at the least. Just adding a few aliases/gmcp triggers to switch up prios on the fly can take you to top tier defence.

Prone can be tracked by just adding a trigger yourself for the gmcp event. That's a bit more complicated  of course.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Jaskar said:
    Just getting started on the game, bashed myself up to about ~60 in a day or two and hoping to get to 80 ish within the next few days. By this point I've started noticing mobs are occasionally afflicting me and so far I've been manual healing / curing with just aliases (no colour triggers or anything yet). I want to get into PVP once I'm a bit more sure footed and I have a couple questions:

2) Would I benefit more from writing a system of my own from scratch? [Can do this, but it's a bit of a time sink though I'm thinking it would also help me learn more about the game in general]
    3) Is there a way of tracking prone on the prompt? [Aetolia has this but everything I've looked at so far suggests that Achaea doesn't).

1) Yes, definitely, especially if you're focusing more on the PVE aspects of the game.
    2) I'd wait and see how well the server-side curing works for you before committing to that! Once command to turn it on and one to set some general defaults is a lot less time than even planning you own.
    3) No, but the server-side curing system will cure prone for you!
  • Thanks for quick reply! I did test serverside by using SIT to make myself prone and it didn't do anything so I'm not sure whether I made a mistake or if self inflicting it doesn't work or something. I'll try it again. Admittedly pretty happy about not having to spend hours coding.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Manually sitting or lying down won't auto-cure for you, since there's times you'll want to sit. Should a denizen or another player send you prone, you'll stand back up.
  • Jaskar said:

1) Without question. It's what I use exclusively, and I PK 95% of my play time.

2) Benefits to your own, obviously. You'll learn more, and faster, that way. If you can't/don't/aren't interested in spending that time, there are two systems that are free that can augment serverside curing. If you aren't planning to PK, as long as you make sure you have things you can cure with (SS doesn't let you know when you are out of something, and it can't use two sets of cures. Have to pick a side) and you set a few base values, Serverside can handle anything you need. Also has the added benefit of being instantly updated (usually) when things get changed, versus a system needing that update at a later time.

3) Tecton answered this one for ya.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.