Illustrated Dala'myrr

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    RIP my sandworm dream

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Artanis said:
    I am not looking forward to transforming into that... i hit 99 to become a dragon, not a flying tremor worm
    I believe they called them "ass blasters" in the third movie
  • Personally, I think it looks great. Well done, whoever the artist was.

(Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I am surprised it took two pages for a Dune reference...disappointed even.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited November 2012
    This is sexy. They look like terraforming worms.

@Tecton clearly is behind this!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Sarapis said:
    (I can just tell you right now that nobody's going to be playing a Dala'myrr.)
    god damn it, why you have to ruin the naive crying, it was hilarious!
  • @Sarapis: my bad then. Either way, it's still a pretty decent pic.

Am curious now how Chris would've drawn a Dala'myrr... and even more curious what's in store for level 99+!

• LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    After seeing the damage the Dala'myrr can dish out, a few of us were itching to be sandworms!
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • The inspiration for Dala'myrr, btw, was really more about thinking of what kind of creature would feel like a cousin to dragons. Decided that the wings needed to go and that got me started thinking about Glaurung from Middle Earth. I envision Glaurung as having standard four legs and i didn't want just that, so I added a crapload of legs and then made their faces nice and alien-looking. Definitely none of the 'noble dragon' thing going on. As for playing a dala'myrr, it wouldn't happen because a) their physical scale dwarfs even dragons. They're gigantic. b) they are completely alien to you. They don't build cities. They don't write books or create music. They don't buy things or sell things. They're just...alien. (The Ormyrr are a different story of course.)
  • @Synbios Liked for the Racial trait
  • edited November 2012

• @Sarapis You just broke my heart.

• *insert elongated reptile from sci-fantasy comparison*
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Wtf, you can like your own post? Overpowered.

• So all we have to do is walk without rhythm? :D
  • HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    I was hoping for Chtorran worm like thingy-bobbers, just without the fuzz/hair.
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • edited November 2012
    I would really hope that would be an available substitute for dragonhood. I really really dig. Makes me want to cuddle.

Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • Sarapis said:
    Layna said:
    @Sarapis You just broke my heart.
    We gods have a tendency to do that. Live in the memory, baby.
    Nope. My life is over.

• Hey, Sarapis can like his own posts!

I call hax!
  • Image is very cool, love the art.  I do hope this isn't the end game prize though, dragons are infinitely more intriguing... to me anyway :)
  • Sarapis said:
    The inspiration for Dala'myrr, btw, was really more about thinking of what kind of creature would feel like a cousin to dragons. Decided that the wings needed to go and that got me started thinking about Glaurung from Middle Earth. I envision Glaurung as having standard four legs and i didn't want just that, so I added a crapload of legs and then made their faces nice and alien-looking. Definitely none of the 'noble dragon' thing going on. As for playing a dala'myrr, it wouldn't happen because a) their physical scale dwarfs even dragons. They're gigantic. b) they are completely alien to you. They don't build cities. They don't write books or create music. They don't buy things or sell things. They're just...alien. (The Ormyrr are a different story of course.)