Illustrated Dala'myrr

edited November 2012 in North of Thera
Enjoy!

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I love it. *wants to be one*

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

• Looks great. Do you have a larger version of it too?
  • He is a big maker

• Mishgul said:
    I love it. *wants to be one*
    ^ What he said. Can that be the new 99?!

• I couldn't find a way to see more than just the thumbnail, except for removing "/thumbnails" from the url. The full image is here.
  • wow... seriously does look cool
  • I think they look cool, but based on this I'm kind of hoping that becoming one of these is not the new end-game prize. I mean, dragons have the whole "nobility" thing going for them, and sentience in myths and legends. This looks more alien, and I wouldn't relish the thought of RPing as one all that much.
  • I am not looking forward to transforming into that... i hit 99 to become a dragon, not a flying tremor worm
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Sarlaac pit monster + Sandworm from the Beetlejuice cartoon = Dala'myrr. Interesting.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Azor said:
    I think they look cool, but based on this I'm kind of hoping that becoming one of these is not the new end-game prize. I mean, dragons have the whole "nobility" thing going for them, and sentience in myths and legends. This looks more alien, and I wouldn't relish the thought of RPing as one all that much.
    I would sort of agree, but also not. I think because it's such a stark difference personality wise to dragons, it would work as an option. Keyword there is OPTION. But tbh I don't think this will even do that (would be a nice surprise though!)
  • Gross...
    "I keep having these weird thoughts lately, like is any of this for real..or not?"
  • Sena said:
    I couldn't find a way to see more than just the thumbnail, except for removing "/thumbnails" from the url. The full image is here.
    Clicking on the image doesn't bring up a larger version for you? It does for me. That's odd.
  • It doesn't for me either, @Sarapis. Maybe that only works for the person who posted it? Either way, I saw the bigger image on the site and it looks awesome.

• we're sucking up to sandworms?
  • Beetlejuice....Beetlejuice....BEETLEJUICE
  • I was thinking image... np, we just need the giant's mask.
  • Exactly the Picture I had in my head before he posted this!

Triak said:
    We know what inspired you.  Just one of the best movies ever.

• Oh mighty Shai-hulud
    Keeper of balance

Bless the Maker and His water
    Bless the coming and going of Him
    May His passage cleanse the world...

• I realize it's a bird or something, but at first glance I thought he was wearing a ring.
  • I almost like that one better. Apparently opposable thumbs make monsters scarier.

• Meh. Not overly impressed but more or less what Artanis stated.
  • Looks kinda phallic :'(
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • SamakhulisSamakhulis Greeley, Colorado
    edited November 2012
    Oh. I was thinking more along the lines of:

And we have to wait an ENTIRE year before we can put in our entries for the 2013 Mayaween costume contest.
    Remind me to dig out 1) my two parody contributions and 2) the Colorado 2014 photos! Both threads are gone, and I'm sad.

Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.

• Comparing it to Chris's other works... safe to say he's done better.

The whole "being-from-another-planet/dimension" is spot on, though.

Also, to echo others: please don't let this be the new 99.