Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

In Memoriam

AesiAesi Posts: 1,210Member @ - Epic Achaean
edited January 2016 in North of Thera
So, I think it would be cool to have a place to honor our departed friends memories.

@Kasya ,

You were a ton of fun to play with, and you were someone I was really able to identify with as we had been through a lot of the same stuff. I really enjoyed playing the game with your character and I will miss you D:
MamiAereidhnaExelethrilRohaiKasyaAdaeleAntidasSharaGamdenSilvarienBoosteyaUtianima

Comments

• CynlaelCynlael Posts: 3,257Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2016

• MelodieMelodie MhaldorPosts: 4,497Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Kross, @Ephram, @Kasya, @Vrah, @Seftin (and that's just all who I know of for sure so far)

RIP. :(
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    Kasya
  • QuisseQuisse Posts: 299Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    RIP @Marcen. There will never be another alchemist (like you) again. :(

No seriously, there may never be another alchemist in Targossas besides Quisse again. :anguished: 
    Tibitha
  • ReilochReiloch Posts: 117Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Rykar

I do believe that makes you the first Savant to retire. Best of luck with whoever your new character might be.
  • TibithaTibitha Posts: 742Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Kasya and @Lavakhi. Two-thirds of the Shu'in sisters have disappeared. :anguished: I'll miss you both.
    Siduri
  • MagentaMagenta EuropePosts: 141Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'll miss you and the love you put into everything, @Lavakhi
    Siduri
  • GamdenGamden Posts: 225Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Seftin Retired?He was such a active player and forums contributor..

• DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,079Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    :pleased::pleased:
    Corbeaux
  • KhaibitKhaibit Posts: 331Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Gamden said:
    He did.. and did it without telling anyone... jerk :( 

MorthifBluef
  • AesiAesi Posts: 1,210Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Khaibit said:
    Gamden said:
    You should take that mouse's bear, but I am afraid HE hazza sad without it.

But not even an rp goodbye to an IG wife? ouch
    Bluef
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,681Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah that's pretty lame to not say anything at all...
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• VayneVayne Rhode IslandPosts: 1,897Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Trevize, the Moon wanes...RIP
    NataliiaHellenBerlewen
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesPosts: 2,302Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aesi said:
    Khaibit said:
    Gamden said:
    You should take that mouse's bear, but I am afraid HE hazza sad without it.

But not even an rp goodbye to an IG wife? ouch
    They took away his precious class change so he had to raise the stakes to character change.
    AesiPraxides
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USAPosts: 2,767Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I somehow am not surprised with Seftin suddenly leaving without saying anything.
    BluefMami
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WAPosts: 1,200Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Omg lavakhi bailed? :(((((((
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?" 

(The Targossian Academy): Halos says, "Go on! I need to feel the wind in my hair!"

Tibitha
  • AesiAesi Posts: 1,210Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Aodfionn said:
    Omg lavakhi bailed? :(((((((
    Yus.

@lavakhi I miss youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

You and your mineral deliveries are the reason that I am dragon and haven't given up.
    Siduri
  • DeladanDeladan Posts: 647Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited February 2016
    so I did a commemoration  for @Comitis ;

I couldn't find a log, (It was two days ago, and I don't normally log anything at all really)

this is all my input, except for me randomly cussing him out for leaving...

em places a silver candle on the ground, turning to his right he paces out four meters and places another candle on the ground. Pauses a moment, looking around, as he turns right again pacing out another four meters before placing another candle on the ground. Turns right one last time pacing out four more meters before placing the final candle in its spot. He then takes a moment to light them.

em takes several balls of myrrh from his rift, and places them in a circular pattern within the square he has just outlined. He then places several bundles of deadwood with in the circle.

--- Today we, have gathered here to remember a friend to all of us, Comitis Rousseau. Though he may no longer physically walk amongst us, he will forever traverse the expanses of our hearts.

em pauses a moment gathering his thoughts.

--- Comitis and I spoke a lot, he was always coming to me with questions about combat, and would go to him with questions about the Heartwood Kin or Lady Artemis’ Order. We had many great conversations, I will always remember how determined he was in the things he pursued. Let us take a moment to remember him.

em bows his head in silence for a few moments before turning to the pyre, setting it ablaze with his tinderbox.

--- Please feel free to share your memories of Comitis now.  

AesiBluefExelethril
  • TrevizeTrevize Posts: 1,517Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Vayne said:
    @Trevize, the Moon wanes...RIP
    Only for a time, old friend.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    VayneBerlewen
  • DraekarDraekar Posts: 287Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    RIP Draekar 
    AesiKyrraLachlanKakotas
  • MagentaMagenta EuropePosts: 141Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Draekar said:
    RIP Draekar 
     :( Thank you for your support and your trust. Will be missing you mucho.
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,079Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Draekar no D:
    HalosNakariAchilles
  • TalysinTalysin Posts: 575Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    This retirement thing is bullshit. People get over Achaea, "quit" and come back often. It's not fair to let people liquidate their investment like this.
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 3,798Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Talysin said:
    This retirement thing is bullshit. People get over Achaea, "quit" and come back often. It's not fair to let people liquidate their investment like this.
    Not fair to who exactly? 

You hug Aurora compassionately.
    NataliiaAziikCaelan
  • TalysinTalysin Posts: 575Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    To the people who ultimately will regret it. I understand why it was implemented, but I'm still annoyed.
    Yeah, but the snap temptation to either quit "permanently" or gain a nominal credit bonus on another game/identity poses a distinctly unfair choice psychologically to those who might not be otherwise inclined to consider such a choice. Especially when the retirement "bonuses" are only about half of your total investment into the game.

I know I have a reputation for complaining about literally everything, but there is a distinct reason as to why practically no other game has ever done this. I've worked in customer support for a far larger MMO and the number of account closure requests we get that ultimately end up being reverted on behalf of their owners severely regretting the choice is immense, and this is when the concept is not even officially sanctioned by our game, or openly advertised anywhere. Retirement basically incentivizes losing half of your monetary investment into the game for the notion of a fresh start, something that practically every player of every game ever feels is a palatable prospect during some point in their play.

For the sake of continuity, I honestly don't think this is either a good or fair idea, as Talysin has already said. 
    SiduriLoalaine
Sign In to Comment.