The Bal'met event

1616263646567»

Comments

• @Katzchen: I think he was full on kicked out by Sarapis wasn't he? It was a real shame, that guy had some serious talent. I also OOCly really liked the idea of a God marrying a mortal. It felt like there could have been some beautiful story lines spun out it.
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited December 2012
    Lodi said:
    @Katzchen: I think he was full on kicked out by Sarapis wasn't he? It was a real shame, that guy had some serious talent. I also OOCly really liked the idea of a God marrying a mortal. It felt like there could have been some beautiful story lines spun out it.
    Yes he was kicked out. He was also seriously talanted. He has a deviantart page, under the name Scarlatti. :)

I guess it was a precedence thing. If He would, why not another Divine, or another? Also, it could probably have been different if it was a mortal picked by the Garden to play the part, similar to choosing a mortal for ascension, rather than just one he picked. Agreed that it would make an interesting storyline.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• honestly I would love it if the Garden acted like the Gods of Ancient Greece. Always skimming, messing with the mortals for their on personal agenda. Would make a lot more fun in the game, from what I've heard before the event. Half the Garden was always inactive and events happened what once every 3-6 months. Hope that doesn't happen event. But personally just want to see what happens to the refugees of Shallam. Because of Garlan mostly
    imageimage
  • You would then have to deal with half-mortals like Heracles, which would involve selecting responsible players to play them. Achaea isn't the place for it, but maybe another MUD.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    That would encourage furries beyond the weird rajamala sex alts. The amount of Greek gods that impregnanted women while disguised as animals is somewhat disturbing.

For those that were in orders with active gods, and from my own perspective, I had a fair amount of regular contact with my deity that didn't cross any lines. I think as my character got older, she took a step back from the overly friendly behaviour she displayed when she was younger and treated the gods as they are meant to be - reverence. I think I would find it strange following a god that's been relatively inactive from the start. I've heard the stories where a god role is taken over by a new person and most of the order gets kicked out. I'd find that disheartening after investing the time. Kudos to the people that can do it though.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I am horrified.
  • Hundreds of blind sirens running around because Phaestus unleashed His full glory upon them. Bizarre half-breed progeny of Neraeos, the result of His pre-nuptial transformation into a dolphin, shark, seal, whale, nautilus, crab... The dark secret of Arcadia, in a dungeon hidden beneath the lowest tier of the metropolis: retarded, inbred, semi-Divine cherubs that keep flying into walls.
    I'll never look at cuteness the same way again o.o

• Idelisa said:
    Ok so. I -love- all the loose ends. They will make for amazing little mini events, additional history being found, etc. I know I would love to stumble across so more journal pages or something. I am one of those people that feels sad when a book ends and when major events like this happens, oftentimes it's just -finished- and people are expected to go back to their lives as if nothing happened. With things the way they are now, we could happen upon the father dragon somewhere, healing and grief stricken. Alchemists could find some information that leads to additional curatives or some experiments. As someone said earlier the possibilities are endless and I love that they left it that way rather than having them give us an awesome climax then leave in the middle of the night without so much as leaving their number on the nightstand. Yay for ongoing, interconnected storylines!

I would -love- to follow up on this part of it, seriously. I've already tried mailing the Imperator, so I think it's time to do some experimentation of my own!

• Hundreds of blind sirens running around because Phaestus unleashed His full glory upon them. Bizarre half-breed progeny of Neraeos, the result of His pre-nuptial transformation into a dolphin, shark, seal, whale, nautilus, crab... The dark secret of Arcadia, in a dungeon hidden beneath the lowest tier of the metropolis: retarded, inbred, semi-Divine cherubs that keep flying into walls.
    lol honestly the lolz would be epic over that.
    imageimage
  • Aerek said:
    Daeir said:
    I really hope some of these loose ends get tied off at least some point in the future, preferably not months from now. Bal'met is finally gone, but this event still feels far from over for me.

Remember that one of our major complaints before this event started was always that, at the end of an event, everything went back to the way it was before the event. Don't complain now that things are different from what they were before; that was the whole idea.

Sure, some of those things should get wrapped up, explained, laid to rest, etc, but not necessarily right now, right after the big battle, and we all lived happily ever after. Solutions to some of those may take a while to become clear, and uncertainty in the short-term is fun.
    This event is far from over. The Demigod event only removed the mysterious illness of the Xoran for a time. Everything Siena eats tastes like ash. Her strength and con are not affected at this time. (They used to be one less before the demigod event.) I really hope things get tied off soon and not in a way that @Aerek says of everything going back to the way they were.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Geraint's kids via Fluffy?

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• @Sigge said:
    Has the demigod bit worn off yet? I was at CC in Cyrene soon afterwards and Lynara dropped three Holobombs on us. I honestly wish, as cool as it was, that it had just disappeared soon afterwards for various reasons...
    I did feel bad about that. As @Selira said, it was a toolish thing for the player behind Lynara  to do - Just because the uppers of Shallam have been toolish to Lynara is no reason for her to take it out on the Citizenry in general, simply because she can. For the most part, Cyrenians aren't 'all bad'. There are a few who are backstabbing, politicking, lying, or otherwise unsavoury people. There are those who tell a house youngster one thing, and tell the other house elders the exact opposite... and expect that those involved on both sides don't know precisely what they've done, because they are that much better. There are certainly plenty that do horrible, horrible things. But that's no reason to stereotype all of 'em. There are also plenty of good ones, plenty who deserve the respect they are generally accorded. Hence, me not coming back and acting like a complete tool, the whole 'one man raid' thing that would have been so fun to get the rage at the few out of my system.

So yes. My apologies for taking my rage at a select group of Cyrenians out on the Citizenry as a whole. It is something for which I've apologized for IC when approached. But here's an apology to the people behind the characters who had to put up with that holobombing.

And yes, phase, evade, and holobombs should never, ever go together again. Terrible combination of skills, quite deadly.

(The Midnight Crew): Cain says, "You on your period lynara?"

(The Midnight Crew): Micaelis says, "Lynara coded periods out of his DNA."
  • edited January 2013
    ^ Meant Cyrene. The uppers of Shallam were pretty decent folk, as a whole.
    (The Midnight Crew): Cain says, "You on your period lynara?"

(The Midnight Crew): Micaelis says, "Lynara coded periods out of his DNA."
  • since this thread was Necro'd up, will  just toss this in.

IT.

ISNT.

OVER!