Titanic CTF

Comments

• But you don't have to win to have fun, right? If I join, I will just do Aliases. 
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Right. There will be those people in every faction. It's a group effort and every group is given the same opportunity here. I'm still not sure what the issue is. Some people will prep harder than others? It's not like they're giving Ashtan or Mhaldor special status but ignoring the rest of the cities...
  • Go home @Deladam, you're drunk.

Man I used to joke that convincing you to leave the Merchants was the best thing I ever did for the house as Overseer, but now I think it's kind of true.

• Aepas said:
    Deladan said:
    Aepas said:
    Deladan said:
    Aepas said:
    Having all classes is great fun. Reflexes/aeon/dsl Kalmia/slike. gg. The last time we got all classes it was to fight an NPC. I'm really excited to see how it is fighting eachother. As for @Deladan's sentiments, I think it's pretty safe to say he's an idiot.
    Honestly you just made my point for me. This mentality has already started and the ctf isn't even here yet. Is any skill involved with the above tactic... nope... 
    I am not sure if my point was it's going to be very exciting to develop strategies and combinations as a group that will be interesting to try out, or that you're an idiot. Although, I do believe both stand to be very true.
    This relies on the mentality that everyone can code, which is not the case. An event like this alienates those that cannot code or are on differing clients than the person making the easy win script.  While I can quickly code up an easy win script for a few people, not everyone can, or wants to do this. Another aspect of this is that in order for everyone to have the reflexes and the commands needed before the ctf ( Which you know everyone will want to have) then they'll have to alt out and bring the information from that alt to their main ahead of time. Breaking even more immersion. Yet I get bitched at for trying to get people to vote with something that has been said was acceptable to do icly. Hrm double standard much? 

Basically, saying something that admin do is "Retarded" makes you look foolish and daft, especially when they take their own time to do this during the holiday season. On top of that, there are plenty of things that you can do without coding. While the reflexes/aeon tarto/dsl kalmia/slike is a great thing to code, you can also just... yaknow, soulspear. You can also just lay rites everywhere. You can do vines and tentacles and piety and gravehands and why isn't that fun? You get to be stupid OP for a few hours, for a few hours in the next 1.5 years or so.

I can't code my way out of a bucket and I'll tell you I will be in hydra the whole time, doing overhand/bind. Why not? I'll be using lighting and soulspears instead of bows. I'll use demon fury and knight fury and I will be a-okay with that. And since this event lasts for a few hours out of a few years, I think everyone else should be too.

Sure, some people can code to win. Some people can just have fun. And at the end of the day, the world remains unchanged and people go along their merry way.
    I agree with part of what you said. But people have been complaining about Y700 for one thing or another the entire time. I heard people say doing gold only auctions was retarded, and it was several people that said that. So are they all daft and foolish too... At least I have justifiable reasons behind thinking this is retarded, unlike those who are mad because they had to sell off their credit stash and couldn't use their 40k cr worth of arties in escrow to win something. This actually breaks immersion in the game. Perhaps they shouldn't try to spike games that were already entertaining up. CTF's were already fun before hand, this twist wasn't needed. 

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited December 2015
    Cant wait to setup chain sap, chain snipe, and chain mind crush.  The thought that this is going to be won by the elite is just false.  It's going to be won by the strongest, easiest to execute, strategy.
  • Austere said:
    Cant wait to setup chain sap, chain snipe, and chain mind crush.  The thought that this is going to be won by the elite is just false.  It's going to be won by the strongest, easiest to execute, strategy.
    isn't the easiest to execute one the one that's already triggered?

• Deladan said:
    Austere said:
    isn't the easiest to execute one the one that's already triggered?
    For Eleusis maybe.  Half of Targossas don't even have target triggers 
  • Deladan said:
    Aepas said:
    Deladan said:
    Aepas said:
    Deladan said:
    Aepas said:
    Having all classes is great fun. Reflexes/aeon/dsl Kalmia/slike. gg. The last time we got all classes it was to fight an NPC. I'm really excited to see how it is fighting eachother. As for @Deladan's sentiments, I think it's pretty safe to say he's an idiot.
    Honestly you just made my point for me. This mentality has already started and the ctf isn't even here yet. Is any skill involved with the above tactic... nope... 
    I am not sure if my point was it's going to be very exciting to develop strategies and combinations as a group that will be interesting to try out, or that you're an idiot. Although, I do believe both stand to be very true.
    This relies on the mentality that everyone can code, which is not the case. An event like this alienates those that cannot code or are on differing clients than the person making the easy win script.  While I can quickly code up an easy win script for a few people, not everyone can, or wants to do this. Another aspect of this is that in order for everyone to have the reflexes and the commands needed before the ctf ( Which you know everyone will want to have) then they'll have to alt out and bring the information from that alt to their main ahead of time. Breaking even more immersion. Yet I get bitched at for trying to get people to vote with something that has been said was acceptable to do icly. Hrm double standard much? 

Basically, saying something that admin do is "Retarded" makes you look foolish and daft, especially when they take their own time to do this during the holiday season. On top of that, there are plenty of things that you can do without coding. While the reflexes/aeon tarto/dsl kalmia/slike is a great thing to code, you can also just... yaknow, soulspear. You can also just lay rites everywhere. You can do vines and tentacles and piety and gravehands and why isn't that fun? You get to be stupid OP for a few hours, for a few hours in the next 1.5 years or so.

I can't code my way out of a bucket and I'll tell you I will be in hydra the whole time, doing overhand/bind. Why not? I'll be using lighting and soulspears instead of bows. I'll use demon fury and knight fury and I will be a-okay with that. And since this event lasts for a few hours out of a few years, I think everyone else should be too.

Sure, some people can code to win. Some people can just have fun. And at the end of the day, the world remains unchanged and people go along their merry way.
    I agree with part of what you said. But people have been complaining about Y700 for one thing or another the entire time. I heard people say doing gold only auctions was retarded, and it was several people that said that. So are they all daft and foolish too... At least I have justifiable reasons behind thinking this is retarded, unlike those who are mad because they had to sell off their credit stash and couldn't use their 40k cr worth of arties in escrow to win something. This actually breaks immersion in the game. Perhaps they shouldn't try to spike games that were already entertaining up. CTF's were already fun before hand, this twist wasn't needed. 
    Just remember, other people being foolish doesn't make you any less so. As your mother used to say, " If your friends jumped off of a bridge.."

So we're at year 700, out of a what... 20 year span almost? I don't even know. Normal CTF deserve to be balanced and fair, but you know what, it's the Christmas games of a special year. Everyone OP! cause absolute chaos in the world! Invoke terror, ignore good or bad or forest or chaos and just HAVE FUN with your friends.  Let me tell you, for the holiday season, I'm enjoying game breaking mechanics and bugs with my buddies while I try to mess up everyone else in game. I'm a very IC kind of person. I have 0 ooc clans and don't really speak to much anyone out of char. But you know what? I think I'll just join a skype call, get drunk, and try to ruin everyone's day on this glorious event. it will be -fun- and that's all that matters this time around.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Krypton said:
    Deladan said:
    sounds completely retarded to do this.
    If you hate the Titan CTF so much, maybe you can use that time to help me and @Halos update all the Wiki skill pages instead!
    That's something I can get behind. If I decide to log in during it. I'll shoot you a message. 

• @Tecton Quick question. Do all class skills mean all class skills regardless of a person's city? Such as someone in Mhaldor have devotion and occultism, etc. Or are these core skills like devotion, necromancy, and occultism actually going to be bonded by city relations and ties? 

• @Tecton A question on classes as well, are classes with free balance (aka druid hydra) allowed as well? will there be restrictions? while I agree with the OPness of everything, I want to know what is/isn't kosher.
  • Haha, I'm just worried about deliver. That's going to suck to get used against Targ. Our RP means we won't be using demon fury/soulcage/transmog (or any necromancy/occultism) but there's still literally everything else we can do. While being at that kind of disadvantage sort of sucks for the chance at the effigy, I imagine that will be outweighed by how enjoyable the event will be. It'll be interesting to see what kind of dumb, ridiculously OP stuff people can come up with!

i'm a rebel

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Taraza said:
    @Tecton Quick question. Do all class skills mean all class skills regardless of a person's city? Such as someone in Mhaldor have devotion and occultism, etc. Or are these core skills like devotion, necromancy, and occultism actually going to be bonded by city relations and ties? 
    No factional restrictions in-place.

Aepas said:
    @Tecton A question on classes as well, are classes with free balance (aka druid hydra) allowed as well? will there be restrictions? while I agree with the OPness of everything, I want to know what is/isn't kosher.
    Nothing in-place to limit these at the moment.

It's meant to be a crazy time. I understand the frustrations about suspension of some aspects of factional RP, but we just wanted to end the year off with something that will just be flat-out -fun-. We'll see about adding some wrapping Roleplay before or after the event, so you can pretend it was a dream if you like.
  • @Tecton will this be for the effigy or just for fun? 

i'm a rebel

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Okay, if we're going to make this a dream, can I be temporarily un-excommed, @Tecton? Just for two hours?

*flutters eyelashes*
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Tesha said:
    @Tecton will this be for the effigy or just for fun? 
    Effigy, yes - in 2016, we'll probably have some form of CTF on a more regular basis to share the Effigy love around.
  • edited December 2015
    While necromancy and occultism have awesome abilities, acting like not using them is a hinderace is pretty cool. Considering grove powers plus devotion powers are way better, I think I'll let it slide.

On the plus side, I'll be ignoring what anyone says about what I can/can't use and pretty much using all abilities at my disposal.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Deladan said:
    Krypton said:
    Deladan said:
    sounds completely retarded to do this.
    If you hate the Titan CTF so much, maybe you can use that time to help me and @Halos update all the Wiki skill pages instead!
    That's something I can get behind. If I decide to log in during it. I'll shoot you a message. 
    I'm joking*.

I'll be spending the CTF just Blackwind choking everyone for the lulz

[spoiler]* maybe[/spoiler]
  • @Tecton is there anyway we can make it possible to -not- deliver someone of your own city. Otherwise I can see this being abused heavily by nameless individuals. 

• Excuse me @Tecton deliver someone who is not within your own city. That's how it was meant to be read

• Taraza said:
    @Tecton is there anyway we can make it possible to -not- deliver someone of your own city. Otherwise I can see this being abused heavily by nameless individuals. 
     Qashar V2.0

• Was going to throw my 2c into the whole deal but realised I start work the same time as the CTF! Oh well, can't win them all I guess!
  • Aepas said:
    While necromancy and occultism have awesome abilities, acting like not using them is a hinderace is pretty cool. Considering grove powers plus devotion powers are way better, I think I'll let it slide. 
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. You don't think not using vengeance, soulcage, chaosrays, transmogrify, etc. when everyone else is able to is a disadvantage?

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    Aepas said:
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. You don't think not using vengeance, soulcage, chaosrays, transmogrify, etc. when everyone else is able to is a disadvantage?
    Yes. I think there are other forest/team good abilities that are going to be more useful in fights. So sue me.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I think the argument that it's too OP for people who are great coders is kind of silly, because they'd be great in any CTF whether it's with one class or all classes anyways. Considering this whole Y700 was up and down crazy anyways with no clear winner until the end, why not let the admins decide to have fun and go out with a bang this time? If I was so inclined, I'd probably enjoy it just to look around at other classes and not having to alt (because I hate alting). Plus it's nice to be able to test with the artefacts and stuff your character has already. As a rogue whose life is not at all impacted by the CTF, I still think this is awesome and am happy for the people who get to play in this ctf and are going to have fun with it.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I don't think it's a good idea, but should be fun to try it for a CTF.

edited December 2015
    I should also add that some people tend to think certain factions have "OP" abilities that they don't have and can't use... and well... this totally levels the playing field. I say get all the weapons and such you can gather. Put those jesters to work and get them to inscribe you cards (paid work, of course)!

@Tecton: Question, should everyone be using the armour they use in whatever their current lesserform class is set to? Or can they use any armour during this ctf? Will dragons have access to all these skills while being able to use dragonarmour? Will people who haven't reached dragon be able to access dragon skills? Sorry for all the questions, but they seem important ones to know for those who wanna be properly equipped!

Edit: Also consider your stats work best for the class you are in already, but will not be so great in other classes you will have access to! So there are still some skills that won't be as useful to you as others!

Xinna said:

Could just make deliver not work during the CTF. Other abilities (like vengeance) are often disabled. It's not necessary, when you already have EVERY other class's abilities. Leaving it as is and having all Targossians subject to summoning by enemies unless they reject blessing definitely seems silly, though. Will need to put some limit on it in some way.

Definitely this, or only make it work for each city like Mhaldorians can only summon Mhaldorians, etc. There definitely needs to be some semblance of balance so one city isn't forced to sit out or all reject their blessings and have to replace them later.... or if any other cities have factional abilities that would take them out of the CTF if used against them.

This discussion has been closed.