Titanic CTF

edited December 2015 in North of Thera
ANNOUNCE NEWS #4487
Date: 12/17/2015 at 19:20
To : Everyone
Subj: Titanic CTF

As promised at the start of Year 700, this CTF event is going to be something a little different! To celebrate the 700th anniversary of the fall of the Seleucarian Empire, the Garden is bestowing all competitors with Titanic powers! 

What does this mean, you ask? When imbued with this blessing, you will gain access to all of the class skills for every class! This effect will only last for the duration of the event, so you'll want to clear your schedules!

CTF starts promptly at 2300 GMT this Saturday night! That's 6pm EST, 3pm PST, 10am Sunday Sydney!

Penned by My hand on the 7th of Aeguary, in the year 701 AF.

sounds fun!

I was expecting a sinking boat, but this is much more cool.

No matter who wins, my heart will go on. and on.

Comments

• Uh, wow, this is going to be a bloodbath.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I'm not sure about this, but my pessimism runs deep for this kind of stuff. We'll see.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Dude?? The should make that a version of ffa people can buy. Or..

I dunno so many possibilities. 

• Oh my. PRIEST AND SYLVAN. I need aliases.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I can't even right now.

Brb re-examining my life.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • sounds completely retarded to do this. You've built a game up around factioning and then throw faction specific class abilities around for fun.... doesn't make sense to me.

• This is great for multiclass. It's like "try this out and buy credits".

@Tecton @Sarapis marketers of the year..

*buys more credits*

• I was under the influence that the game itself should be fun... completely desolving any sense of IC ness for a world event that honestly not everyone cares about. I don't. 

• Ok went be there:( can we make it last a day??

Or make cities able to do this in ffas? Lol

• Yeah I'm not even gonna log in for the ctf, already heard several others say the same. 

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Wow, really? It's not like you're being allowed to be a demi-god all over again. Just some chosen skills from each class, or maybe just from a few classes. If you're seriously going to bail on CTF and won't represent your city just because of that, then I hope your cities don't win the effigy because you surely didn't bother to help.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Umm Have you honor'd me lately. I bailed on the demi god stuff because it was retarded too. 

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Erm, yeah being the only way to help take down and alien God is SO stupid. /sarcasm

Lady Maya gave up Her Divinity for that and it was totally RPed out. Wondering if you actually saw what happened and bailed, or just missed out and now using it as an excuse.

Sobriquet makes a wonderful point. 
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I saw what was happening and bailed.(I played with the powers for a bit was like oh this is fun, but totally not needed, because if people just worked together from differing factions then you'd have all the powers in one location anyways.) Giving people access to class skills beyond what they should have is simply retarded. Seriously think about this from an rp point of view. You very well could end up with people using necromancy to defend Eleusis and Targossas... or Devotion to Defend Mhaldor and Ashtan... if you're going make the majority of the focus in games about factions... then you don't just throw around skills from factionalized classes like they're meaningless. 

• In b4 Phase/Fury/Mayology/Shin Thunderstorm/Vengeance bans.
  • Kayeil said:
    Wow, really? It's not like you're being allowed to be a demi-god all over again. Just some chosen skills from each class, or maybe just from a few classes. If you're seriously going to bail on CTF and won't represent your city just because of that, then I hope your cities don't win the effigy because you surely didn't bother to help.
    Says all skills from all classes. Basically demi-god again.

• The abilities which require essence, devo, and karma will be restricted, I guess? I learned it from the city.
  • Having all classes is great fun. Reflexes/aeon/dsl Kalmia/slike. gg. The last time we got all classes it was to fight an NPC. I'm really excited to see how it is fighting eachother. As for @Deladan's sentiments, I think it's pretty safe to say he's an idiot.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I'm just hoping this lag issue in massive group fights gets cleaned up in time for the CTF =\
  • Sobriquet said:
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. - John Lydgate. (later adapted by President Lincoln) 
    And Bob Marley
  • Aepas said:
    Having all classes is great fun. Reflexes/aeon/dsl Kalmia/slike. gg. The last time we got all classes it was to fight an NPC. I'm really excited to see how it is fighting eachother. As for @Deladan's sentiments, I think it's pretty safe to say he's an idiot.
    Honestly you just made my point for me. This mentality has already started and the ctf isn't even here yet. Is any skill involved with the above tactic... nope... 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Personally, I am all excited for it. I still kick myself for missing most of the Bal'met event. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Deladan said:
    Aepas said:
    Having all classes is great fun. Reflexes/aeon/dsl Kalmia/slike. gg. The last time we got all classes it was to fight an NPC. I'm really excited to see how it is fighting eachother. As for @Deladan's sentiments, I think it's pretty safe to say he's an idiot.
    Honestly you just made my point for me. This mentality has already started and the ctf isn't even here yet. Is any skill involved with the above tactic... nope... 
    I am not sure if my point was it's going to be very exciting to develop strategies and combinations as a group that will be interesting to try out, or that you're an idiot. Although, I do believe both stand to be very true.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Aepas said:
    Deladan said:
    Aepas said:
    I am not sure if my point was it's going to be very exciting to develop strategies and combinations as a group that will be interesting to try out, or that you're an idiot. Although, I do believe both stand to be very true.
    This relies on the mentality that everyone can code, which is not the case. An event like this alienates those that cannot code or are on differing clients than the person making the easy win script.  While I can quickly code up an easy win script for a few people, not everyone can, or wants to do this. Another aspect of this is that in order for everyone to have the reflexes and the commands needed before the ctf ( Which you know everyone will want to have) then they'll have to alt out and bring the information from that alt to their main ahead of time. Breaking even more immersion. Yet I get bitched at for trying to get people to vote with something that has been said was acceptable to do icly. Hrm double standard much? 

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Dude, I'm going in with nothing, and will just run with it. And I expect to have fun even if I'm not super set up like some people will be. I don't see how that's as terrible as you're making it out to be.
  • Kasya said:
    Dude, I'm going in with nothing, and will just run with it. And I expect to have fun even if I'm not super set up like some people will be. I don't see how that's as terrible as you're making it out to be.
    Because you know just like I know, that the elitist won't do that, they'll all get everything scripted out ahead of time so they have an easy win button. 

This discussion has been closed.