November Promo - Announce 4447

edited November 2015 in North of Thera
@ 1000cr: A Ledolian Surcoat (*), when EMPOWER'ed, will grant the wielder +10 armour resistance to 
all elemental and physical damage. The surcoat has 10 charges, each lasting 1 Achaean day/RL hour 
and can be used once every 3 Achaean days/RL hours.

It has 10 charges, 1 charge goes for 1 hour, we can use it 3 hours apart. After the 10 charges are finished, does it go poof, do the charges refill?

Is the resistance like the horkval-type resistance, or applied like how armour works?

Comments

• Pretty sure it's ten charges and then done.
  • @ 500cr: An ink-stained rose thorn (*), which will allow the instant application of a tattoo. Has 5 
    charges, can be used once per Achaea day/RLhour. Add INSTANT to the end of your INK command to use 
    the item. You will still need the pre-requisite ability and inks to use this item.

I reckon this does not refill too?
  • None of them state any recharge time, so I would assume they run out of charged and are gone.
  • #5 and #10 seem way too good to be perma. 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited November 2015
    Dochitha said:
    Is the resistance like the horkval-type resistance, or applied like how armour works?
    "+10 armour resistance" instead of "+10% resistance" pretty strongly indicates it's armour.

It is unclear whether it's 10 actual points of armour or an amount of points that would be displayed as 10% armour (which would be 17-18 armour points).
  • If it was permanent then it would pretty much become a must have.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    The surcoat is on the same calculations as skill/racial resistances, and yes, the item will decay when the charges are gone. 
  • @Tecton @Sarapis Just to clarify, is it just the one Greater Stone of Wonder needed per item?
    Correct.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Are the lesser and greater stones tradeable?

If so, I think I know where my few credits are going. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    edited November 2015
    The stones are bound to the purchaser, I'm afraid. The thorn, surcoat, and the iron medallion are all freely tradable though.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited November 2015
    Oh...

Well then. That's disappointing.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Is the credit trade in approximation 66% of the stones tier? Or the difference between the previous tier to it.
    You'll get 25cr for the moustache and 33cr for the stones.
  • Tecton said:
    You'll get 25cr for the moustache and 33cr for the stones.
    Thanks chief!
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    edited November 2015
    The moustache is bound, too? Or tradeable?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited November 2015
    Kayeil said:
    moustache is bound/resetting EDIT: AND DASHING
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Aesi said:
    Kayeil said:
    moustache is bound/resetting EDIT: AND DASHING
    Boo. I wanted to get one for Gamden.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Sacrificial Kris is in play?

OKAY FINE I'LL BUY CREDITS STOP TWISTING MY ARM!
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Because the edit lock has closed, @Tecton will the moustache be hidden by orbs of suppression? (I suspect that they are, but I'd really prefer not to buy a sigil of suppression or similar to get it unsuppressed if possible.)
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    If I hadn't spent $200 on tea yesterday (and an authentic Japanese tea making kit), I'd probably have bought 1000cr today. Well, also if my exchange rate wasn't so horrid. Thankfully I get paid again in two weeks. I was gutted when the kris was first around because I was dormant, so having the opportunity to get one now makes me incredibly happy. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Is the moustache just a flavour thing? Please make them tradeable if so, or give us a non moustache option for women. The only real venues of RP possible for wearing this as a female are pretty silly, which wouldn't suit most characters.

• Yes, give females merkins instead!

I'm fine with the moustache since it is suppose to be a nod to Movember. Giftable would be nice but if you don't like it, trade it in. 

What do ladies do for movember anyway?
  • @siduri was looking pretty boss in one earlier.

A true master of disguise.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Tahquil said:
    Yes, give females merkins instead!

I'm fine with the moustache since it is suppose to be a nod to Movember. Giftable would be nice but if you don't like it, trade it in. 

Well it *is* no shave November. It's not necessarily limited to... facial hair. :winky: 

• Skye said:
    Tahquil said:
    Yes, give females merkins instead!

Well it *is* no shave November. It's not necessarily limited to... facial hair. :winky: 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • It's movember. Not no shave November. The premise is to have your mustache sponsored to raise money for prostate cancer. Stop trying to steal our thunder with your crazy bush. 

• edited November 2015
    So yes, the moustache is hidden by orbs of suppression.

Oh well. Currently wearing it anyway.

EDIT: Also wearing a monocle now as well.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sarathai said:
    So yes, the moustache is hidden by orbs of suppression.

Oh well. Currently wearing it anyway.

EDIT: Also wearing a monocle now as well.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Actually, this might be the best place to ask right now: can somebody post the PROBE description for the Sceptre?