He made me do it!!

2»

Comments

• Trey said:
    TL;DR for anyone just joining us:

Szanthax - "Is this a dick move guys?"

Us - "Yeah, it's a pretty dick move."

Szanthax - "Oh well I do dick moves. Here's an unrelated basic affliction that I think is unfair."

Us - "You probably shouldn't be a dick, dude."

Szanthax - "I'm gonna be a dick."

awesome :+1: 

I really wanted to know if I was going to get in trouble for it more than if it was a dick move.

• Where's my lol button? Lol button was necessary to express my feelings
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Makarios said:
    Tharvis said:
    Kyrra said:
    Tesha said:
    Forcing enter portal to guards is pretty lame, I wouldn't suggest doing that. 
    Having been forced into a portal from Ashtan onto a guardstack in Targossas, and subsequently killed 1v8, I can definitely agree that it's lame.

It'd be nice if it had similar consequences to lusting people into an enemy city etc but that's a whole other topic as well.
    @Makarios any thoughts on this? Making the city you force somebody to enter a portal into auto-enemy the forcer, similar to hoist+track / lust?

This wouldn't really work.

The autolust/yank/etc auto enemy works because it requires the person doing the pulling to be on the same guard stack they're pulling the target to, meaning they'll have a good chance of dying along with said person.

Forcing someone into a portal almost guarantees the opposite, leaving it down to a quick unenemy.

Then this needs to be looked at.  I believe you can order guards to be passive and unenemy yourself while off balance.  Hirst has a trigger for it.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Forcing people to enter portal onto guards, empressing onto guards, convocating onto guards from outside a city is lame.  

Devo force overall is fine as is, adding other restrictions on it would make it useless, in group combat it is really only useful for the first attack because everyone SHOULD be chasing balance/eq thus unforceable anyways, otherwise it can be used to break kai deliverance /lyres/shields/reflections.  Most of the other force abilities can be coupled with other things or saved for later use, devo force pretty much takes the devotionist out of play for 4-5s as well.
  • I dunno, one of my proudest memories is still catapulting someone from inferno exit into Shallam guards and I'll never feel bad about that one.

I wouldn't say avoiding a forced entry into a portal is that difficult, either. The only exception would be a grove gate since it's instant, but there's no priests in Eleusis so that handles itself.
  • Kafziel said:
    Kiet said:
    I dunno, one of my proudest memories is still catapulting someone from inferno exit into Shallam guards and I'll never feel bad about that one.

I wouldn't say avoiding a forced entry into a portal is that difficult, either. The only exception would be a grove gate since it's instant, but there's no priests in Eleusis so that handles itself.
    That was me (as different character) and I enjoyed it thoroughly as well.
    Yeah I remember it was you! Good times
  • Kiet said:
    Kafziel said:
    Kiet said:
    I dunno, one of my proudest memories is still catapulting someone from inferno exit into Shallam guards and I'll never feel bad about that one.

Yeah...Calleis or some name like that got me with the same thing back in the day. Catapulted from NoT all the way to Shallam defendable where @Darroth promptly beheaded me off the totem haha. Definitely one of my favorite Achaean memories. I ain't even mad.

• Antidas said:
    Kiet said:
    Kafziel said:
    Kiet said:

Yeah...Calleis or some name like that got me with the same thing back in the day. Catapulted from NoT all the way to Shallam defendable where @Darroth promptly beheaded me off the totem haha. Definitely one of my favorite Achaean memories. I ain't even mad.
    Caillean?

• It was Calleis, although I'm not sure it was back in the day. It was probably 3 years ago at most
  • Three years ago is back in the day in internet time. The 1980s were only a short distance away from the Jurassic era in internet time.