You know you play too much Achaea when ...

Comments

• The natural inclination to start a conversation with "greetings" over "hi" or "hello." A split-second after I say this I realize how much of a dork I must sound like to the mundane person.
  • edited November 2012
    Achilles said:
    When you start thinking Achaean names will make suitable names for future unborn children.
    That's actually quite a good idea... I wonder if who ever I end up having kids with would let me call my oldest son Sartan? :D
    Sultani said:
    The natural inclination to start a conversation with "greetings" over "hi" or "hello." A split-second after I say this I realize how much of a dork I must sound like to the mundane person.
    I started doing that very soon after I started playing Achaean. :) I also started saying 'Indeed' and 'Splendid' a lot as well. Everyone who knows me is just used to it these days. :D
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Re-watching movies such as Transformers (the last one) and thinking how it feels like a CTF.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Peak said:
    When you see echinacea at the pharmacy and begin to think, "Hey, that's from Achaea."

No, it was from RL first.
    True story, dude. I had a few of those instances while going through a list of drugs and their contents while I was working in a pharmacy in Australia. My reaction was something along the lines of "Wha? These are real drugs?"  /:)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Wysteria said:

When you respond to customers over the phone with, "Aye" then slap yourself in the head for doing so.

Ohhhhhhh it's so handy living in a country where "Aye" is correct colloquial. It is funny when people snicker at me for typing it OOC though ( @idelisa ).

Tvistor said:
    Achievement Unlocked : Made A God Feel Guilty.
  • edited November 2012
    Trilliana said:
    Idelisa said:
    ... When you say "glee!" Out loud when you are excited about something. Well shit, cue spouse teasing.
    My husband and I say facepalm to each other when the other does something worthy of said facepalm
    That's just a pop culture/internet thing, though.
  • Delphinus said:
    Trilliana said:
    Idelisa said:
    ... When you say "glee!" Out loud when you are excited about something. Well shit, cue spouse teasing.
    My husband and I say facepalm to each other when the other does something worthy of said facepalm
    That's just an internet thing, though.
    We met through Achaea! I think it counts >.>
    meh

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Delphinus said:
    Trilliana said:
    Idelisa said:
    That's just a pop culture/internet thing, though.
    People already say "smh" IRL. If people can that aloud, then we can say "facepalm," dammit!
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I say sigh like a boss. 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    When you have three chats open on your screen so you don't miss anything from an ongoing event, a window for the IRE website that you constantly refresh to see if there are any new news, and another smaller window at the side for the Achaea live feed so you know if raid starts.

And work in the background to hastily click on and obscure everything if boss walks by (usually too late by then).
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• When you're on Achaea on Thanksgiving instead of being social with random family members.
  • hey now, I'm home and it's definitely pantsless o'clock. SO MUCH FOOOOOOD....

to stay OT...

...when you think 'delete message' when you go through your RL snailmail.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    filthy mundane people. 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae

• Delphinus said:
    HDF. Naga please.

• I love it when my Naga ask that.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."

• When you're standing at the passport control on the airport and wonder if they'll let you in as a Mhaldorian...
  • Achilles said:
    When you start thinking Achaean names will make suitable names for future unborn children.
    Totally naming my firstborn son Lucaine. Daughter can't be Catarin though. Way too many connotations there that I don't even want to think about. They will not be Luke and Leia Skywalker, ffs.