You know you play too much Achaea when ...

Comments

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Wishing you could duanathar to get home quickly from the grocery store. Also wishing you could hold a billion items at once -- hello, one trip from the car with groceries!
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Lothien you don't brute strength single trip the groceries? Or did I misread that?
  • When you find it VERY easy to write Achaean parodies of real songs.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Daslin said:
    @Lothien you don't brute strength single trip the groceries? Or did I misread that?
    Haha, I pretty much can't unless I haven't bought very much. 
  • ...when you get up way too early on your days off to play before your spouse wakes up.  <.<  

Not that I would ever do that.
  • You know you've played too long overall, when you dream that your long dormant divinity came back iRL and then after three RL months of not playing you log back on and start playing like nothing ever happened.
  • Not a 'one-liner' but straight from my Facebook a couple weeks back:

You know you play too much Achaea when you're driving through states and can't tell if you've crossed the border yet so you grab your phone and think...'I'll just Survey'...then realize iPhones don't do that! Ugh! Haha — with Dillon Hartzell and 5 others in Sylvania, OH.

Apparently I was in Ohio as well!

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Ohio? Whaaaa? I'm not alone!?
  • edited November 2012
    when you imagine hearing a "distant song" every morning (every 8AM for me).
  • When you talk about your divine Order in RL as though it actually exists.
  • ...when you post on these kinds of threads.
  • When you go to bed early so you can get up at 5am in the hope of catching some raids in progress before your wife wakes up. Yeah I did not do that today at all.....

• HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Daslin said:
    Ohio? Whaaaa? I'm not alone!?
    I was born and raised in Youngstown actually
  • Tanris said:
    When you don't go to bed so you can raid at 5 AM because its American Peak time.
    Is there an English version of me?
  • When you see banana peels on the ground irl and think, "Damn jesters."
  • When you take the time to count your alts, and realise that there are more in a certain city, than that city has Houses, they are all in Houses - and there's STILL a House without an alt. So you start thinking of spawning a newbie...
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • When you debate with yourself whether or not to spend less time in Achaea so you can go pick up an activity you were inspired to learn BECAUSE of Achaea.

I think archery and/or swordplay (not fencing) would be really fun to learn, but would it be as epic as Achaean combat?
  • edited November 2012
    If in your head you start asking your charter for advice on what to do next in real life.
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • edited November 2012
    When you silently wonder if you'll have to pick up goldenseal from the pharmacy because your midwives gave you a herbal supplement that includes black cohosh.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• When you are frequently tempted to use the phrase 'Strength through Suffering' in RL conversation.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • When you backstab someone irl.
  • When you do the groceries and wonder if that prickly pear will help you breathe underwater.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."