You know you play too much Achaea when ...

Comments

• Rohai said:
    You see this and think, "holy crap, the chips are poisoned?"
    Um. I would have thought that long before I ever heard of Achaea.
  • That's fair. I had a serpent character when I was like 11 or 12 though, so that's the first I ever heard of sumac.
  • When you have a dream about filing issues against people IRL for their most recent grievances against you, and you spend the entire dream trying to word the darn thing right so that the RL Garden doesn't dismiss it. I can still quote parts of it now that I'm awake. :((
  • hehe Bluef dreams about filing issues Protip: If you have to worry more about the wording than the subject its probably not going to fly.
  • When at work sleepy, you keep thinking "fuck I forgot to turn on metawake"

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • New storm drain (or something) along my walking route is stamped with the company that produced it, "Somethingorother Stormwater Solutions". Not "Stormhammer Solutions". RL is so disappointing sometimes.
  • You have a dream and someone speaks to you in it and you immediately think. "Did he just go OOC on me?"
  • When you have nightmares of someone hypno'ing you, then forcing you to renounce your oaths on Mhaldor CT (then promptly being ousted before making a proper reply). D:
  • Wysteria said:
    Been on holiday/vacation this past week. Island is mountainous and full of forests. Everything reminded me of Achaea in some way or form. EVERYTHING.
    And the next thing you realise, you found yourself harvesting bellwort from the forest floor and had to do a double take.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Berenene said:
    Wysteria said:
    Been on holiday/vacation this past week. Island is mountainous and full of forests. Everything reminded me of Achaea in some way or form. EVERYTHING.
    And the next thing you realise, you found yourself harvesting bellwort from the forest floor and had to do a double take.
    I spent a lot of time in Mt Wellington going, "Oh hey, Erymanthus" because it was all just fog…
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• When you walk into your college's central building late at night, see a bunch of people doing arts and crafts, and think to yourself "Huh. Another one of the Year 650 events?"

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:

When you walk into your college's central building late at night, see a bunch of people doing arts and crafts, and think to yourself "Huh. Another one of the Year 650 events?"

Damn Scarlattans
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Jiraishin said:
    When you walk into your college's central building late at night, see a bunch of people doing arts and crafts, and think to yourself "Huh. Another one of the Year 650 events?"

@Jiraishin No, but they are working hard to meet the Bardics deadline!
  • When, while doing your Cultural Studies reading assignment, you start associating terms and methods with Achaean culture rather than actual societies and start planning out your written assignment with the game in mind.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• edited March 2014
    I don't see anything wrong with this whatsoever.  If the teacher questions it, link him/her to the game, along with the printed out copy of the entire history of the game as "appendix A and B"
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • So I use autocad for work and one of the most used commands is pline. I regularly type plist instead.
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    When I have to drive an hour home from work and think about different achaean fighting styles or wishing there was an actually tree around in Oklahoma to grove return home.

• When you type "push glasses" on Gtalk.