You know you play too much Achaea when ...

Comments

• Berenene said:
    Aegoth said:
    When you're at a club, see a cute girl you want to chat up, go up to her and open with "Greet woman". Never been so ashamed ever
    You know, that could have potentially been awesome if she too played achaea and replied with "I'd love to go bashing with you"
    Or "Have you seen my underwear? I can't find them!"

Would seem like the start of a quest except that it's a club and that shit just happens.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • You emote stretch, then stretch irl.

or cough irl and emote cough.

I have undressed a god.

• Trilliana said:
    Gibbi said:
    You emote stretch, then stretch irl.

or cough irl and emote cough.
    When I sneeze IRL, I would do the sneeze emote. >.>
    I've been doing that for the duration of my cold :3

I have undressed a god.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    When you are in the process of waking up and try to farsee your parents to see if it is at all safe to get out of bed. Then, when it obviously does not work, you start meditating to regain some mana. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Being in a fairly serious IG setting while some good music is playing and emoting boogie, thoroughly confusing everyone around you because guess what? They can't hear it.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited February 2014
    Beginner radio announcers do something similar. They get told to use a mirror or a picture to look at while talking because your voice tends to become more relaxed and conversational if you act as if you're talking to another person rather than just into a microphone in a lonely, empty station at 10pm.

/end tangent

ETA: Also, I do it too. I'll often cough or wince or make a funny face automatically in a conversation even as I'm typing the emote, as when I play seriously, I am no longer me, I am Dame Jhaeli of the Wardens. My husband laughs at me sometimes. Heh.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I was playing with Twitch Plays Pokemon and I kept trying to type east and west instead of left and right, I actually had to do a mental conversion from the cardinal directions to left and right.
  • With my new role, I'm now learning SQL, which sometime requires me to put strings inside quotations.  I've been playing Achaea so long that using " has become second nature, to the point where, when I'm writing code I will put in " without thinking and wonder why it's not working, go back over it and change " to ' and mutter "Damn you @Sarapis"
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Berenene said:
    With my new role, I'm now learning SQL, which sometime requires me to put strings inside quotations.  I've been playing Achaea so long that using " has become second nature, to the point where, when I'm writing code I will put in " without thinking and wonder why it's not working, go back over it and change " to ' and mutter "Damn you @Sarapis"
    You mean you use " instead of ' for says? So many extra key strokes....
  • Not that many, and when you've conditioned yourself to use it by default, in terms of speed, there's no difference between me and someone who uses ' by default.
  • When you try and change class irl.
  • Yeah sometimes people piss me off and I try to cast transfix at them IRL. I justify it by saying I was practicing my rave hands.

Tried to come up with a DSTAB explanation too, but the cops wouldn't listen.
  • edited February 2014
    Ruth said:
    When you write up some important document and find that you use something close to "Sarapin, 2014 AF" instead of the proper year/month/date. Cough.
    I don't think this is an issue. Frankly, I think we should convert from the Gregorian calendar to the Achaean.  25 days in each month, and each month lasting about 1 day.
  • Your coworkers are discussing the pancake and waffle fundraising breakfast, and you recall Lupus' reason for denying a waffle cooking design because "Waffles are just pancakes with syrup traps."

tl;dr - not being able to answer normal people when they ask why you're grinning about pancakes.
  • waffle talk on Pancake day?! ABOMINATIONS!
    meh