Troubleshooting a Mudlet Profile

Hey folks,

I apologize for asking such a vague question, but I'm hoping someone might have some pointers on how to troubleshoot a Mudlet profile. 4 out of 5 times, when I try to connect to my main profile on Mudlet, it crashes almost immediately - that is, about a second or two into deffing up. I tried a few other profiles and those connected fine, so I'm pretty sure it's something in my scripts/settings that's messing me up.

Anyone have any tips on what I should be looking for / how to look for it? I have a rudimentary-at-best understanding of anything scripting-related, so if you can, please explain as though you're teaching your dad to use Facebook or something.

Comments

• You need to identify which of the scripts is causing it to crash. If it's fully crashing - forcing you to kill the Mudlet.exe process and restart - the only real way to do that is to delete each of the scripts you have installed one by one, and see when it stops crashing.

If you've got scripts you wrote yourself that nobody else uses, start with those. They're the ones most likely to be causing it.

• Yup! Should have mentioned, I'm on OSX, but yeah, it's all-the-way-crashing to the point of having to force quit.

Will it have the same effect if I just lock everything, or should I delete them entirely?
  • If it's a function that is being called by an event handler, you can drop a dummy variable into the start of it to disable it. I would start by opening up scripts and my errors view.  Then proceed yo login and see what all gets thrown.  If it's a stack over flow, you should be able to pinpoint what it is pretty easily.  If you can't get it, have teamviewer, and catch me around, I don't mind taking a look at it. Alternatively you could just send me a copy of your system, but who wants to do that.