No-Brainer Credit Package

edited September 2015 in North of Thera
@Tecton , @Sarapis : Thank you very much for putting this out! Wish I could buy it twice, but I'll more than settle for once!

It would be very nice to make it available forever, alongside the No-Brainer lesson packages. I am speaking not on my behalf (I am going to snag it up shortly,) but rather on the behalf of people who come later (especially true newbies) and could really use it.

Thanks!

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Kind of sucks it's for such a limited time, extending through Christmas would've been nice. Also because the change to how many lessons it takes to re-learn tradeskills after the change made my no-brainer lessons obsolete because when I had to relearn I didn't have enough lessons to get back the skills I had, and had used the no-brainer lessons before the changes.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Same. I'm hoping they give people 2 more No-Brainer Lesson packages when multiclass opens :(
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited September 2015
    I thought that was what this credit package was for.

Really though, your first class is a necessity to really play the game with the rest of us. A second class is a luxury. If you can't afford to spend money on a luxury, you'll get on just fine with one class.

I don't mean to be rude about it, but I'm not really sure how else to say it.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I am under the impression also that this is for upcoming multiclass.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • 1736 lessons per skill
    3 skills = 5208 lessons
    6 lessons per credit = 868 credits to tri-Trans your "first" multiclass.
    300 credits isn't even half of this.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    1736 lessons per skill
    3 skills = 5208 lessons
    It's almost exactly enough to trans one skill. The 30-day release period during a credit bonus sale does have me wondering though. Unless it's a trial run.
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Atalkez said:
    1736 lessons per skill
    3 skills = 5208 lessons
    868 - 300 = 568

discount: an amount taken off a regular price : a price reduction
  • Ainly said:
    Atalkez said:
    1736 lessons per skill
    3 skills = 5208 lessons
    868 - 300 = 568

discount: an amount taken off a regular price : a price reduction
    Yes thank you for the lesson in economics.

In any event, it's a good promotion unless you're in the boat of not being able to purchase within the 30 day window, or don't have the lessons to sink into it at all. Then you're just SoL.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited September 2015
    Everyone buys this because of the player generated multiclass hype. Multiclass isn't released until Christmas. 
    :awesome: 
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    They should just have a "No-Brainer Multiclass" 5208 lesson package! :pleased: 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited September 2015
    @Atalkez I figured that was the cost just to get the second class, not trans any skills.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    If anyone is interested I'll trade 200 unbound credits for this package bought for my character. Maybe negotiable. Message me IG or send a tell. You'll still end up with more credits than if you paid for a standard package at this price.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited September 2015
    It's possible the promotion is a troll, but I doubt it!

• Trevize said:
    I am under the impression also that this is for upcoming multiclass.
    No, it has nothing to do with multiclass or Achaea specifically. It was put in on all the games, as anything like this would be.
  • Sarapis said:
    Trevize said:
    I am under the impression also that this is for upcoming multiclass.
    No, it has nothing to do with multiclass or Achaea specifically. It was put in on all the games, as anything like this would be.
    Stop popping in our cheerios
  • edited September 2015
    Sarapis said:
    Though to be clear, multiclass is very close! This was just unrelated.
    I choose to interpret that as "my finger is hovering over the giant flashing red button labelled multiclass. but I haven't pressed it yet. that was just a smaller yellow button labelled cheap credits" and you cannot convince me otherwise.
  • Sarapis said:
    Though to be clear, multiclass is coming Soon! This was just unrelated.

ftfy
  • Tzond said:
    Sarapis said:
    Though to be clear, multiclass is coming Soon! This was just unrelated.

ftfy
    That doesn't sound so bad, given that the last time the admin said something was coming Soon(tm) (this credit package), it was less than an hour away.
  • edited September 2015
    Trevize said:
    Sarapis said:
    Though to be clear, multiclass is very close! This was just unrelated.
    I choose to interpret that as "my finger is hovering over the giant flashing red button labelled multiclass. but I haven't pressed it yet. that was just a smaller yellow button labelled cheap credits" and you cannot convince me otherwise.
    @Sarapis : press the button!!! Press the button!!! It's red and shiny and just BEGS to be pressed, I promise it won't be like last time when it blew up 1/2 of California! We'll only blow up 1/4 this time. Can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs. We can say Mhaldorzilla did it.
  • You know, if multiclass isn't announced on the birthday there are going to be a lot of people burning out because of their own hype.
  • There is no particular plan to release multiclass on the birthday. It if were to happen, that'd be great, but it's unlikely. Sorry to burst any bubbles! 
  • @Sarapis - Crusher of dreams.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited September 2015
    Still wondering how the 17th is Achaea's birthday..no one clarified and announce posts have already confirmed Wikipedia's 9th..

Assuming multiclass code is finished(per forum spoiler hype), what exactly are we waiting on? Just wondering when to start getting excited.  Was told Ashtan houses, but since they are open (correct if wrong), and the code is done, it looks like that's not all we are waiting on. Paging @Sarapis, since you probably know all my answers and Big T didn't comment when I tagged for birthday question.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Austere said:
    Still wondering how the 17th is Achaea's birthday..no one clarified and announce posts have already confirmed Wikipedia's 9th..

Assuming multiclass code is finished(per forum spoiler hype), what exactly are we waiting on? Just wondering when to start getting excited.  Was told Ashtan houses, but since they are open (correct if wrong), and the code is done, it looks like that's not all we are waiting on. Paging @Sarapis, since you probably know all my answers and Big T didn't comment when I tagged for birthday question.
    Patience, grasshopper. Do you want it done right, or done right now?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Austere said:

Patience, grasshopper. Do you want it done right, or done right now?
    Oh you misunderstand, @Klendathu. I did not mean to come across as impatience, and I am sure there is a reason, I was just curious. I know the admin have been putting in a lot of long hours lately and I am very grateful for all that they do.  Just curious and bored at work. .
  • Probably a really sweet event.

• Final review of plans, during which no doubt changes will end up being made.
  • Sarapis said:
    Final review of plans, during which no doubt changes will end up being made.
    Well I for one am excited.  I promise to not be upset if you guys release then have to tinker with a few things.  This is one of those deals where a few glitches and bugs would be entirely acceptable on my end.  I won't even abuse it if I end up with six trans skills. 

To be honest, I am just all around excited.  So pumped. You guys have been hammering out excellent content here lately.  

Ps: bored of monk and off tomorrow, so if you release today anytime between now and midnight est, I promise to compose a heartfelt haiku raving it. Heck, I will even buy some credits.  Take that awesome wife of yours out to a nice dinner once the zerg rush of funds start pouring in.  She deserves it for being cool enough to turn you lose at burning man AND let you play text games all day.  <\jealous>