Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Svof

1252627282931»

Comments

• RangorRangor Posts: 2,961Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    --  defs_data_set("fireshroud", { type = "Elemental",

--    specialskip = function() return not defc.dragonform end,

--    def = "You have shrouded youself with flame.",

--    on = "A shroud of flame bursts into being, cloaking you in a burning aura of crimson.")

I removed this and it started working again. Why it hate my fireshroud defence?
    Rangor said:
    --  defs_data_set("fireshroud", { type = "Elemental",

--    specialskip = function() return not defc.dragonform end,

--    def = "You have shrouded youself with flame.",

--    on = "A shroud of flame bursts into being, cloaking you in a burning aura of crimson.")

I removed this and it started working again. Why it hate my fireshroud defence?
    Missing that } to close the Elemental.......... dammit
    Ok. doesn't work very well. Something's missing. vshow defup and vshow keepup turns up empty, vconfig2 has lost "custom prompt" for example and custom prompt is no longer showing. It's like it doesn't know which class/race it is anymore.

I'm using the svo allclasses ahmet made a while back btw.
    I'll wait for new beta to progress :pensive:
  • AcriusAcrius Posts: 3Member
    If you want to add a new def, you have to add it to the def table and the dictionary.
    It looks like you added it to the def table, but not the dictionary, which contains defup logic.

Based on the way Veldrin implemented his Elemental form, your def table addition should look something like this:
     defs_data:set("fireshroud", { type = "Elemental",
        specialskip = function() return not defc.ElementalLord end,  // Note this should be ElementalLord, not dragonform
        def = "You have shrouded youself with flame.",
        on = "A shroud of flame bursts into being, cloaking you in a burning aura of crimson."})

Your dict addition should look something like this:
    fireshroud = {
        physical = {
          balanceful_act = true,
          aspriority = 0,
          spriority = 0,
          def = true,

isadvisable = function ()         return (((sys.deffing and defdefup[defs.mode].fireshroud and not defc.fireshroud ) or (conf.keepup and defkeepup[defs.mode].fireshroud and not defc.fireshroud )) and not codepaste.balanceful_defs_codepaste() and defc.ElementalForm) or false       end,
          oncompleted = function ()         defences.got("fireshroud")       end,
          action = "manifest fireshroud",       onstart = function ()         send("manifest fireshroud", conf.commandecho)       end     },     gone = {       oncompleted = function()         defences.lost("fireshroud")       end     }   },
    Finally, you can add it to the sstosvoa table, which contains the way it appears in GMCP. If GMCP called fireshroud, "fireveil" or something, it would look like this:
    fireveil = "fireshroud",
    Adding a new aff would be more complex. I'm not sure if it's doable by directly modifying the svo file, but details can be found here: https://github.com/svof/svof/blob/master/Developer readme.md

Thankfully, with the new changes, you no longer have to dig through raw files, but the gist of how to add defs/affs should be the same.
    edited February 13
    I think my version sort of breaks when I switch into a class that isn't recognized. since vshow defup, prompt and vshow keepup stops working.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,767Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What are these errors?

[ERROR:] object:<Get name (clan who)> function:<Trigger3248>
             <...sten\.config\mudlet\profiles\Kayeil NEW/None svo/svo:5961: ndb.isdragon() requires a 
    name>

[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<mmp.mapdata_changed>
             <Lua error:[string "return mmp.mapdata_changed"]:1: attempt to index global 'mmp' (a nil 
    value)>
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KriexKriex Posts: 76Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
     the first one looks like an error with svos name database I'm not sure what it pertains to because I don't have that.

The second air looks like it's from your mudlet mapper script. You need to take a look at updating it if it isn't already updated
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,767Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kriex said:
     the first one looks like an error with svos name database I'm not sure what it pertains to because I don't have that.

The second air looks like it's from your mudlet mapper script. You need to take a look at updating it if it isn't already updated
    Version 18.2.5 right now, which I think is the most recent one.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Voli
  • VadimusesVadimuses Posts: 1,055Member @ - Epic Achaean
    edited 3:34PM
    Rangor said:
    I think my version sort of breaks when I switch into a class that isn't recognized. since vshow defup, prompt and vshow keepup stops working.
    It's supposed to go into a 'none' class if you change to one that doesn't exist.
Sign In to Comment.