Svof

Comments

• Crazy to me that svo can’t handle class swapping properly. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Crazy to me that svo can’t handle class swapping properly. 
    It's not easy to implement due to a number of (necessary IMHO) optimizations that bind svof to classes. I started an implementation (the branch is still out there, if anybody wwnts to pick it up), but ran into road blocks that I can't handle with the time I have at hand.
  • When I was multiclassed the easiest way to handle svof for me was to just keep whatever class I'm using installed, then uninstall, switch, reinstall appropriate one.

Am DW, want to switch to Runie.
    uninstall DW svof
    qq/relog
    class switch runewarden
    install runie svof
    vinstall

Never had any issues this way, and didn't require upkeeping multiple profiles.

• Keneanung said:
    Atalkez said:
    Crazy to me that svo can’t handle class swapping properly. 
    It's not easy to implement due to a number of (necessary IMHO) optimizations that bind svof to classes. I started an implementation (the branch is still out there, if anybody wwnts to pick it up), but ran into road blocks that I can't handle with the time I have at hand.
    I suppose I’m curious why it’s necessary? Sounds to me like a compiling/code base problem more than anything.

I have nearly every functionality of svo in my wsys, but I have no issues swapping classes.

Maybe this could be a fix with putting everything into Mudlet like Vadi mentioned earlier?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Dochitha said:
    Kogan said:
    Torinn said:
    So for the time being, multiclassing is a nightmare.  The only thing I want to change when I switch classes is SVOF.  Everything else, my aliases, triggers, scripts, everything, can stay the same.  To do this with mudlet I have to have two different profiles, throw a whole bunch of stuff in to Modules, then install certain things that write files to disk per profile.  For example, Zulah's GUI doesn't work as a module because it has files specific to a profile.  SVO obviously doesn't either.  This is really annoying. But..

Could I, theoretically, have multiple different class's SVOFs on one profile, then if I switch classes, deactivate one set, activate the other, restart mudlet, and call it good?  Or will that mess up something I don't know about?
    @Dochitha can maybe explain how. Not sure how he handles it. I know he switches classes multiple times a day and never relogs to do so.
    On my triggers, I use a folder to contain all class related triggers. The folder itself is a filter, which has 
    if myClass == "Alchemist" then return true end. < lua function.
    Using this, I use a folder to automatically enable or disable group of triggers without using enableTrigger or disableTrigger functions.
    Just enable and disable the folder so the triggers aren't checked at all, rather than applying an inefficient trigger type to literally every line of output. Also, return myClass == "Alchemist" would be identical in functionality to what you have (if you have an if statement that ONLY returns a boolean value, you're doing it wrong).
  • I applied an if/then statement because I wanted to avoid having to on/off folders in my triggers and aliases. Also, since I'm still relatively new, I don't have a massive number of triggers or aliases, so it wasn't too much work to just throw the check onto my.. what.. 20-ish triggers/aliases?

If you have upwards to 50+, I can see how it would be something akin to pulling teeth, nails, and hair one after the other.

I also avoid the whole return thing, I just put if myClass == "Blademaster" then <insert trigger or alias> end.

That said, I know: if myClass ~= "Blademaster" then return false end | also works, due to my experience using the same/similar method in Aetolia.

I genuinely don't know if the opposite works, like what was mentioned above...

• Voli said:
    I applied an if/then statement because I wanted to avoid having to on/off folders in my triggers and aliases. Also, since I'm still relatively new, I don't have a massive number of triggers or aliases, so it wasn't too much work to just throw the check onto my.. what.. 20-ish triggers/aliases?

If you have upwards to 50+, I can see how it would be something akin to pulling teeth, nails, and hair one after the other.

I also avoid the whole return thing, I just put if myClass == "Blademaster" then <insert trigger or alias> end.

That said, I know: if myClass ~= "Blademaster" then return false end | also works, due to my experience using the same/similar method in Aetolia.

I genuinely don't know if the opposite works, like what was mentioned above...
    You seem to be talking about doing the check in the code of the trigger, after the pattern matching has already succeeded. Dochitha is talking about the check being the pattern that's matched in the top-level of a trigger filter/chain.
  • @Antonius Ohhhhh okay :)

It's pretty fun hearing all the ways people worked around the single class thing, though.

• Okay, so ever since switching to bard and using bard svof, every time I attack, like bashing for instance, the prompt is deleted after the attack goes through. The prompt doesn't show up again until another line pops in the client, so I can sometimes go three attacks without seeing a prompt depending on how slow the target is going ..

I've searched through my personal triggers and other triggers that I've downloaded and use, and none of the ones are the ones deleting the prompt. I've personally gone through and disabled each and every one just to find that it still deletes the prompt, but when I turn off triggers completely, it does not delete the prompt, thus I think it may have something to do with svof.

Has anyone else ever had a problem with that in bard svof, I didn't have this problem with blademaster svof. Any suggestions for finding the culprit deleting my desired prompt would be greatly appreciated!

Plz halp!
  • My dahhhling Thalak (sorry that's the only way I know your name so it's stuck)

I didn't have any issues with bard svof. Initial recommendation is double checking all your deleteLine's and deleteFull's, and I think deleteLineP is svofs. If you're sure you've checked your own, try uninstalling and reinstalling svof and seeing if that fixes the problem.
  • Solnir said:
    My dahhhling Thalak (sorry that's the only way I know your name so it's stuck)

I didn't have any issues with bard svof. Initial recommendation is double checking all your deleteLine's and deleteFull's, and I think deleteLineP is svofs. If you're sure you've checked your own, try uninstalling and reinstalling svof and seeing if that fixes the problem.
    I checked the svo delete lines too beforehand, but checked them again anyway, that doesn't seem to be it. I'll try reinstalling again, is there a special way I should reinstall, or just package manager uninstall/reinstall? Do I have to do vinstall again?
  •        

• Wow, reinstalling worked. Didn't work last time. Thanks!
  • This is why I work in IT. :D
  • edited November 2017
    Solnir said:
    This is why I work in IT. :D
    Halp again plz Mr. IT?!?!

So now, after my attack, my prompt pops up on the same line as the attack, rather than giving it a new line. I tried reinstalling to fix it, but alas, it did not this time. Anything you might have seen?

Edit: Need a tag @Solnir

edit2: texample -

You viciously jab a rapier into a baby rat.
    You have slain a baby rat, retrieving the corpse.(4755/4755)h (3611/3626)m (99%)e (100%)wp (68%)xp cekdbv-
    (Rat)
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.

edit3: I've added \n to the beginning of my custom prompt as a quick fix as per Xaden's advice(Thanks @Xaden!). I am considering this a quick fix, as it now gives me an extra blank line if I'm not attacking, but it'll work for now. Still looking for advice on a normal fix. Thx in advance!
  • Actually, I have seen that. Though, it's caused by my gui not interfacing very well with the dragon talisman tracker. I'mma go real basic here and say restart mudlet and see if that helps, because other than that my suggestion was what Xaden said, add \n. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Solnir said:
    Actually, I have seen that. Though, it's caused by my gui not interfacing very well with the dragon talisman tracker. I'mma go real basic here and say restart mudlet and see if that helps, because other than that my suggestion was what Xaden said, add \n. 
    IT Support qualifications verified.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Make sure all of your deleteLines / deleteFulls use 'svo.deleteLineP()' - I know that was my problem when I used Vadi's system in Lusternia.

Also make sure SVO triggers are at the top, not below others so that they're firing first.
  • svo.deleteLimeP() vs just deleteFull(), which one is quicker/ better?

• Dochitha said:
    svo.deleteLimeP() vs just deleteFull(), which one is quicker/ better?

At least on his Lusternia system, deleteFull() didn't work if you had a custom system prompt. Functionally I'm pretty sure they're both the same, the former just doesn't show custom prompt if you have the option enabled (wsys went around this just by making deleteFull() part of the system instead and overwrites mudlet's default function).
  • Fancy unicode works in the prompt, for example try this: https://hastebin.com/pomamixezi.nginx

• For some unknown reason, my personal preferences in mudlet for svof including custom prompt, defense modes, etc. have vanished. Ally my mudlet triggers/aliases are still up and running, so it doesn't seem to be that but I'm at a loss as to how to go about recovering what I've lost or if I should just try to redo all the stuff I had set up?
  • I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this, I haven't been using h/m changes for a long time because for some reason they align on the left side of my prompt and that just is hella frustrating.

Like this,
    (+354h, 5.0%) 6171h (87%), 6568m (92%), 30488e 27081w

rather than the normal,

6171h (87%), 6568m (92%), 30488e 27081w (+354h, 5.0%)

Any clue?
  • Taryius said:
    I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this, I haven't been using h/m changes for a long time because for some reason they align on the left side of my prompt and that just is hella frustrating.

Like this,
    (+354h, 5.0%) 6171h (87%), 6568m (92%), 30488e 27081w

rather than the normal,

6171h (87%), 6568m (92%), 30488e 27081w (+354h, 5.0%)

Any clue?
    I put it at the end of my custom prompt..

^G|^1@healthHP@%health%^G|^2@manaMP@%mana%^G|^5@%enduranceEP^G|^4@%willpowerWP^G|^y@eqbal^m@defs^G|^c@morph|^C@%xp%XP^G|<b>^r@[diffhealth]^b@[diffmana]</b>^M@gametarget(@gametargethp)

• My combat offense is running into a corner when paralysed, prone and stunned especially since my in game queue gets sent but dismissed. Does SVOF have a way of handling that with the do, dor bit, or is the in game queue best one can have and I need to find my own way to script that?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Kaden said:
    For some unknown reason, my personal preferences in mudlet for svof including custom prompt, defense modes, etc. have vanished. Ally my mudlet triggers/aliases are still up and running, so it doesn't seem to be that but I'm at a loss as to how to go about recovering what I've lost or if I should just try to redo all the stuff I had set up?
    That has happened to me before, specially when my computer crashes while mudlet or svo are still saving settings. You can get some of it (priority list and defense modes, I think) if you had exported them. But otherwise yeah, I think you have to reconfigure the rest.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Created a totally new profile after switching class to Jester, went through vinstall to set things up and restarted.

Every time I try and use SS curing it spams weathering and I've no idea why. Any ideas?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • EDIT - Used curing sets, all good

• Actually, futher to the above, it seems to be switching back to the old curing set mid fight:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/UR1v2uT6

Few people have said to just switch off SS curing, but it's been working fine on my Runie profile and don't want to change too much so i end up with problems on both. Any ideas greatly welcomed.

Setup:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/cXsKzYTk

• What happens if you set aside the new curing set you created and manually CURING PRIORITY DEFENCE WEATHERING RESET while a Jester? Does it put it back up?