Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Svof

Comments

• ThalakThalak Posts: 43Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Alyxeri said:
    Thalak said:
    Couldn't get an answer in the clan, soo ...

Using blademaster svof, went through vconfig and turned use shindoblind/shindodeaf on. When either of them are removed from my defenses, it still uses curatives to put them back up. Anyone know why?
    vconfig serverside > make sure SVOF is handling deaf/blind.
    I've tried that. You turn shindeaf/blind on, and it just doesn't def them up at all. I'll try again though
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,572Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dominius said:
    Can anyone tell me how I can bring a variable of mine into the custom prompt of SVOF?
    https://svof.github.io/svof/index.html#adding-custom-tags-and-colours

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • HoratioHoratio Posts: 87Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited October 23
    Ok, I'm a total scrub. I'm like scripting impaired and cannot figure out how to use targets. I searched through the documentation and learned how to set a target with settarget. However, I can't seem to figure out how to put that to use. For instance, I want to make a few key bindings for basic attacks (STAFFCAST DISSOLUTION AT target). How would I go about doing that?

Thank you so much in advance.

::edit:: i searched the forums for this info too before posting and couldn't find anything, so if it's already been answered, I do apologize..
  • VoliVoli Posts: 32Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited October 23
    @Horatio My advice is to create a targetting alias. Something as simple as:

Pattern: ^ta (\w+)$
    Command: Target = matches[2]

Then you can just make another alias that says:

Pattern: ^staffc$
    Command: STAFFCAST DISSOLUTION AT Target.

Horatio
  • KeneanungKeneanung Posts: 541Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    A bit late (as usual, I fear) to the start of November, I just released svof 33. This version features a single change by @Nylian which fixes touching passive tattoos on others during inking. Enjoy and if you want to contribute to the project as well, go ahead. If you need help for setup or locating the issue in the source code, I'll be happy to help.
  • ZekerosZekeros Posts: 3Member
    Is there a way to stop trying to tattoo myself? I accidentally hit enter again and it started tattooing so I moved thinking it would stop but I ended up wasting some inks before I realised it was meant to keep restarting :(
    Currently there is not. It's an open issue: https://github.com/svof/svof/issues/190
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,098Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I don't thinke svof needs the tattoo inker anymore. The in game ink command takes care of everything for you. I just delete it on every profile.

There are some minor QoL features that are not in the command yet, like queueing a number of tattoos (though I'm not sure anybody ever used this), but yes, there was discussion to remove most of the svof inker functionality that is provided by the game itself now. Someone just has to do the legwork :tongue:
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,301Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Zekeros said:
    Is there a way to stop trying to tattoo myself? I accidentally hit enter again and it started tattooing so I moved thinking it would stop but I ended up wasting some inks before I realised it was meant to keep restarting :(
    'ink none'
    Huh. Neat.
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,057Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Klendathu said:
    Dominius said:
    Can anyone tell me how I can bring a variable of mine into the custom prompt of SVOF?
    You can also create a script triggered off 'svo done with prompt' event and just echo anything you want after the prompt. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,301Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dochitha said:
    Klendathu said:
    Dominius said:
    You can also create a script triggered off 'svo done with prompt' event and just echo anything you want after the prompt. 
    You shouldn't do this because deleteLineP() won't work properly, as well as a few other quirks.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KoganKogan Posts: 315Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited November 6
    Anyone know of any prompt tags not in the documentation besides @battlerage?

Edit: Just running through git I'm seeing....  @battlerage@monkpath, @monkstance, @monkfull, and @sunlight for grove users, 
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,057Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Ahmet said:
    Dochitha said:
    Klendathu said:
    Dominius said:
    You shouldn't do this because deleteLineP() won't work properly, as well as a few other quirks.
    How? Mine is working well for me...
  • DominiusDominius Posts: 56Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Kogan said:
    Anyone know of any prompt tags not in the documentation besides @battlerage?

Edit: Just running through git I'm seeing....  @battlerage@monkpath, @monkstance, @monkfull, and @sunlight for grove users, 
    @fashions for vodun/puppetry? Everyone makes their own but in essence its like Kai, only allowing skills with a certain number, would be useful for starters, no idea if there is a way to grab it from gmcp..
  • ShubShub Posts: 26Member
    How do I adjust the functions called on defup/keepup? Say I have one of my class defences on keepup, but instead of straight up sending it I want to call a separate function. I wrap nearly all my abilities in these functions so I can update balance trackers, count how many times each ability was used, etc. I can't seem to find the action in the script anywhere, hoping I dont have to dig into this giant embedded file to accomplish it.

Also, the svo got hit by event doesn't seem to trigger for denizens, trying to work out a decent systematic way to determine which critter is hitting which group member.
    Upon further inspection it does look like the behavior I'm trying to modify does live in the external referenced files. It is a basicdef function in this svo.dict.lua file. To make defup call my wrapper functions I'd have to supply replacement entries in this big dictionary file. I guess I'm stuck on a more elementary question then. How do I call a function that I've defined in mudlet's scripts interface from an externally loaded file like dict.lua?

• VadimusesVadimuses Posts: 985Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Same way as you'd normally do, it all gets loaded into the same VM. I'd recommend raising an event instead of hacking in your functions though.
    To add to Vadi's point: If you add events, we can work on getting them into the main project. That means they don't get lost with an update and other people can use the changes as well.
    Very helpful thank you,

So here is my plan:
    I'm adding a 'controlled balance loss' flag to all my wrapper functions. That way when I respond to a balance lost svo event, if I have the flag I can start a timer with a known value, if not I'll start one with a different color and a guessed value. That will get me well behaved timers until I can get these event raising hooks into a future svo version. Over time I should be able to make wrappers for most abilities, leaving only the various stuns and disruptions for uncontrolled balance loss timers.

Then, I'll clean up my balance/cooldowns/usage tracker to a release-able state and share it. To do that I'll have to fix my balances/abilities table alot. Right now I just hand-fill the balance times my character experiences for every action. I'll need to supply the 'standard' balance times for everything, then detect nimble/quick-witted/diadem/afflictions and apply multipliers to those standards for the timers. I'll also have to expand the table to include abilities outside of my own class. (so I probably need the class, trait and balance artefacts and a crap ton of lessons to accomplish this unless I get some help)

Once I have a functional tracker in circulation based on my current setup of wrappers, we build a toggle into svo that can swap between 'raise events instead of send' 'raise events and send' and 'send only', perhaps those toggles need to exist for every ability separately. I like the wrapper functions because one of the actions I'd like to do inside them is to swap between 'svo.doadd' and 'queue add' depending on my ping time. Or does svo already do that for me?

I also noticed another thing - 'homunculus look' is not triggering the homunculus balance loss event like it should, not sure why. maybe the resulting text from the look is throwing off the trigger.
  • TorinnTorinn Posts: 534Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    While we're here, there is a bug in Priest SVOF in the "Failed Seek" trigger.  It doesn't include "art" as an option, leading to errors when attempting to report someone couldn't be found.  It should be as follows:

if svo.defc.dragonform then return end

if svo.locating and svo.locating.name then
        if svo.locating.clan == "party" then
            send(string.format(
            "pt %s could not be located",
            svo.locating.name
            ))
    elseif svo.locating.clan == "art" then
    send(string.format( "art %s could not be located",
    svo.locating.name
    ))
        elseif svo.locating.clan then
            send(string.format(
            "clan %s tell %s could not be located",
            svo.locating.clan, svo.locating.name
            ))
        end
        svo.locating = nil
    end

-- You'll notice the "art" section added. 

Thanks!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    That would be amazing
    Kayle
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,572Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Vadimuses said:
    I've been seeing people struggle with getting Svof setup for tinkering with. Would it be easier if all of the files were all inside Mudlet like in other systems? Given the much better editor, this makes more sense than it did in the past.
    A billion times yes.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    KayleCaelan
  • KayleKayle Posts: 65Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I cant like that post enough. Please and thank you!!!!!! @Vadimuses
    Caelan
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,259Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Please do it. My god, please.
    CooperShirszaeKayleCaelan
  • VadimusesVadimuses Posts: 985Member @ - Epic Achaean
    OK! I've got it on my todo list. I'd like to see more people being able to update the system so everyone can still enjoy using it
    CaelanKlendathu
  • HerutarHerutar Posts: 6Member
    I'm trying to set up a kata tracker for Shukudo using gmcp to recognize form then to transition if kata count >= 12 (or 24 if in rain). How would I go about doing this? 
    So for the time being, multiclassing is a nightmare.  The only thing I want to change when I switch classes is SVOF.  Everything else, my aliases, triggers, scripts, everything, can stay the same.  To do this with mudlet I have to have two different profiles, throw a whole bunch of stuff in to Modules, then install certain things that write files to disk per profile.  For example, Zulah's GUI doesn't work as a module because it has files specific to a profile.  SVO obviously doesn't either.  This is really annoying. But..

Could I, theoretically, have multiple different class's SVOFs on one profile, then if I switch classes, deactivate one set, activate the other, restart mudlet, and call it good?  Or will that mess up something I don't know about?
  • KoganKogan Posts: 315Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Torinn said:
    So for the time being, multiclassing is a nightmare.  The only thing I want to change when I switch classes is SVOF.  Everything else, my aliases, triggers, scripts, everything, can stay the same.  To do this with mudlet I have to have two different profiles, throw a whole bunch of stuff in to Modules, then install certain things that write files to disk per profile.  For example, Zulah's GUI doesn't work as a module because it has files specific to a profile.  SVO obviously doesn't either.  This is really annoying. But..

Could I, theoretically, have multiple different class's SVOFs on one profile, then if I switch classes, deactivate one set, activate the other, restart mudlet, and call it good?  Or will that mess up something I don't know about?
    @Dochitha can maybe explain how. Not sure how he handles it. I know he switches classes multiple times a day and never relogs to do so.
    Torinn
Sign In to Comment.