Svof

Comments

• The first problem is because svof uses hecho() in echofn(), not really a way around, I fear.

The second issue may be connected with gmcp registering gaining/losing an affliction before the actual line and thus firing the events. The only way I can think of to put it directly below an affliction line is collecting the got aff events, then turning on and triggering the generic affliction lines in the game and replacing those with collected afflictions... Showing them just above the prompt may be easier: collect the affliction events, then in another event handler for "svo before the prompt" print the afflictions...

No idea about the times, to be honest.
  • Sorry @Keneanung, that went way over my head. I've been asking the same question on Svof clan for a while and it doesn't seem like anyone echoes their afflictions/defences. I'm really surprised to be honest and I don't mean that in a negative connotation, I just thought that would be the norm. Really no one has encountered this issue before... 

Any chance to break down Keneanung's suggestion into how I could go about coding that? Thanks guys, really appreciate it.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I do, but based off GMCP events, not via Svof.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • It seems there is something in svof causing me to auto-more help files. Any idea why and how to stop it? I have to scroll up every time I help <thing>
  • Jovolo said:
    It seems there is something in svof causing me to auto-more help files. Any idea why and how to stop it? I have to scroll up every time I help <thing>
    Is it opening the whole thing at once or doing actually more?

I am quite sure it's not svof doing either, but my basher has the side effect of opening all help files at once due to a gmcp.module it uses...
  • Oh, it's possible that it's your basher doing it then. I don't know if it's opening the entire help file at once (or if that's possible?) or doing an auto-more. Is that a side effect without a solution? :P
  • Sadly, yes. The only thing that can be done is sending help files to an extra window...
  • edited February 2017
    I was fiddling with a lot of settings the other day, especially defenses and priorities, and now for some reason trying to keep up rebounding has me smoking out of my malachite pipe repeatedly until rebounding comes up. Any suggestions on how to fix or where to look to see what may be causing the issue?

EDIT: I mostly notice this when I was leaving the arena, with rebounding still on keepup.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I've never quite nailed it down, but exiting the arena under certain circumstances will confuse SvoF when it comes to delayed-effect defenses like rebounding or deafness. I've never had it happen -except- on leaving the arena, so it hasn't inconvenienced me enough to make me go hunting for the cause, but if you just pause your system for a moment to let rebounding/deafness come up, it'll recognize it and calm down.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • I just released the new 28.2 (don't ask what happened to 28.1...) version to the "testing" channel.

This includes a few improvements:
    - a revert to some ndb formattings which turned out to be user faults
    - a fix to recognising defences via GMCP
    - cleanup of sentinel trigger lines. The heavy lifting is now done via gmcp, only class recognition (enabling of class tricks) and some other minor things is left to the triggers. This should mainly get rid of the double affliction on doublestrike.
    - a hoist black/whitelist similar to the lustlist. "vconfig autowrithe <black|white|off>" to configure the type of list (whitelist being default). "vconfig hoistlist <name>" to add/remove a name to the list. "vshow hoistlist" shows the list.

To use the testing channel use "vconfig releasechannel testing".
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Something just happened with my svof where it kept most of the settings, but wiped all my defs and switched VSHOW SERVER to have everything 100% handled by svof. I'd rather server handle as much as it can. Are there certain things I should let svof handle that it maybe handles better than server does currently?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Also I don't do combat, just purely hunting... should I disable any of these?

Tree Scenarios
    -------------
     [X] aeon             - Use tree to cure aeon when we have asthma or mucous
      [X] any2affs         - Use tree when we've got at least two tree-curable afflictions
      [X] any3affs         - Use tree when we've got at least three tree-curable 
    afflictions
      [X] blackout         - Use tree to cure blackout
      [X] crippledandprone - Use tree if prone and both legs are crippled
      [X] curearmsfaster   - Use tree if both arms are crippled and you're off salve 
    balance
      [X] fractures        - Use tree you're got a fracture and are off sip balance
      [X] getupfaster      - Use tree if prone, off salve balance, and a leg is crippled
      [X] hardlock         - Use tree to cure hard locks (asthma, anorexia, slickness, and 
    can't focus)
      [X] maybevivi        - Use tree in a situation when you might get vivisected
      [X] novoyriacure     - Use tree when you have voyria and no immunity/antigen for it

Restore Scenarios
    ----------------
     [X] anyoneortwolimbs      - Use restore if 
    one or two limbs are crippled (and no more), and you're off salve/tree balance
      [X] anyoneortwolimbsprone - Use restore if one or two limbs are crippled (and no 
    more), prone, and you're off salve/tree balance
      [X] maybevivi             - Use restore if you have 3+ limbs damaged and at least 
    one of them is curable with restore
      [X] riftlock              - Use restore on riftlocks
      [X] stainlock             - Use restore to cure stain locks (stain, slickness, 
    broken arm and empty valerian/realgar pipe)

Dragonheal Scenarios
    -------------------
    [X] aeon      - Use dragonheal to cure 
    aeon when we have asthma or mucous
      [X] hardlock  - Use dragonheal to cure hard locks (asthma, anorexia, slickness, and 
    can't focus)
      [X] maybevivi - Use dragonheal in a situation when you might get vivisected - if we 
    have 3+ limbs damaged and at least one of them is curable with dragonheal
      [X] riftlock  - Use dragonheal on riftlocks
      [X] stainlock - Use dragonheal to cure stain locks (stain, slickness, broken arm and 
    empty valerian/realgar pipe)

• You should disable most of the restore scenarios. May be a good idea to leave the riftlock one enabled, just in case you happen to get riftlocked by loki while hunting (very rare, probably not at all possible now UW scorpions aren't something you can hunt). The other scenarios are either not relevant for hunting or will actively make your life worse.
    Antonius said:
    You should disable most of the restore scenarios. May be a good idea to leave the riftlock one enabled, just in case you happen to get riftlocked by loki while hunting (very rare, probably not at all possible now UW scorpions aren't something you can hunt). The other scenarios are either not relevant for hunting or will actively make your life worse.
    So disable all dragonheal and all tree scenarios, and only keep the riftlock for restore?

• I'd leave all the tree and dragonheal ones enabled; they don't look (from a quick glance) like they're going to cause you problems (like the restore ones would), and they may occasionally come in handy (the tree scenarios moreso than the dragonheal ones) for hunting.
    Antonius said:
    I'd leave all the tree and dragonheal ones enabled; they don't look (from a quick glance) like they're going to cause you problems (like the restore ones would), and they may occasionally come in handy (the tree scenarios moreso than the dragonheal ones) for hunting.
    Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it!

• edited February 2017
    Help!

Why is this happening? It is neverending. I keep having to PP the system.

What to do?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    And buying valerian and skullcap.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Keneanung said:
    Try checking "plist"

What am I looking for?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Ahmet said:
    And buying valerian and skullcap.
    Y'know, this isn't the first time I've had to warn newbies that they'll need the pipe curatives before setting up their SVO. Maybe we should have a warning when you do vinstall. >_>

• Isn't Rift in GMCP these days? Now that it's not illusionable, Svof could check if there's anything in the rift and if there's not, then just not bother filling the pipes in - just like it won't if you don't have a pipe to begin with.
  • There is an issue up about rift tracking via gmcp. Someone was going to do it, but it seems it became stale.
  • So I'm having a problem that deathsight just keeps trying to use the vision ability. I have set vconfig to don't have deathsight but it still doesn't out rift azurite and eat it. Not sure where the problem would be.
  • Are you using server side? Pretty sure that has no toggle for the ability, so you'll need to put it on client side by ticking deathsight in "vshow server"
  • Yeah I switched over to serverside since my ping is so bad, thanks.
  • Hey all,

This may have been answered in the docs, if so I must've overlooked it, but can I somehow get what my highest sipping prio is?

I'm working on a prio handler using the enabledclasses variable. I know I can set a sip prio by using svo.togglesip("health"), but is there also a function that returns the current table?

• You should be able to get the priorities with svo.prio.getnumber(what,&nbsp;balance) and what being "health" or "mana" and balance bein "sip"
  • Keneanung said:
    You should be able to get the priorities with svo.prio.getnumber(what,&nbsp;balance) and what being "health" or "mana" and balance bein "sip"
    Sounds like precisely what I need, thanks!
  • Keneanung said:
    You should be able to get the priorities with svo.prio.getnumber(what,&nbsp;balance) and what being "health" or "mana" and balance bein "sip"
    Another question, is there something similar that affects the parrystrat mechanism? Something that sets what is normally set with vp parrystrat manual and ph/ll/lr/whatever and back to lasthit again?