Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Svof

2456722

Comments

  • KeneanungKeneanung Member Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Do you have mxp turned on? Looks like achaea send color information in a way mudlet doesn't understand it and thus is unable to capture color information. The only way to fix that (as far as I know) is turning mxp off.
    Shadizar
  • ShadizarShadizar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I spoke alittle too soon when I said disabling the qw alias did the trick. It only let me keep the names I had highlighted before without wiping them.

    Keneanung said:
    Do you have mxp turned on? Looks like achaea send color information in a way mudlet doesn't understand it and thus is unable to capture color information. The only way to fix that (as far as I know) is turning mxp off.

     I did have mxp on. Now that it is off the highlighter works great. Thank you very much. On the flip side I had gotten used to mxp so that kinda sucks.

  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember, Secret Squirrel Posts: 5,735 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/971b9cb3

    Any idea what caused this to happen? Latest svof release with serverside enabled
    :pleased::pleased:
    Praxides
  • SeifurSeifur Member Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited September 2015
    Tried running svo.valid.unlit_pipe() which is the function that line (That pipe isn't lit.) is supposed to call, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.
    retired
    Praxides
  • VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 902 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited September 2015
    https://github.com/svof/svof/blob/master/raw-svo.valid.main.lua#L2548

    Start debuggin'...

    For one the function won't do anything if you just call it randomly, as the first check sees if you're actually smoking anything. You wouldn't want an illusion to think you've got an empty pipe in aeon, would you.
    Praxides
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Seifur said:
    Tried running svo.valid.unlit_pipe() which is the function that line (That pipe isn't lit.) is supposed to call, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.
    It looks like that function doesn't do anything if you don't have any affs cured by smoking, so if you're just running it out of the blue, that's the correct behaviour.
  • SeifurSeifur Member Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited September 2015
    It didn't relight the pipe after this happened.

    4298h (78%), 5319m (91%), 25100e (100%), 17998w (67%) cdbk|ex (04:33:46.023)- (54%) [?] (outr elm|empty 87428|put elm in 87428)
    You take a drink from an oaken vial.
    4298h (78%), 5319m (91%), 25100e (100%), 17998w (67%) cdbk|ex (04:33:46.300)- (54%) [?]
    You take a drink from an oaken vial.
    The elixir heals and soothes you.
    5166h (93%), 5319m (91%), 25100e (100%), 17998w (67%) cdbk|ex (04:33:46.320)- (54%) [?] (+868h, 15.8%)
    You remove 1 slippery elm, bringing the total in the Rift to 1535.
    You tap out the contents of your pipe.
    You fill your pipe with slippery elm.
    5166h (93%), 5319m (91%), 25100e (100%), 17998w (67%) cdbk|ex (04:33:46.656)- (54%) [?]

    Two seconds later he got hit with aeon.

    retired
  • VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 902 @ - Epic Achaean
    If the pipe goes out during refilling, I think that would need to be taught to Svof.
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Vadimuses said:
    If the pipe goes out during refilling, I think that would need to be taught to Svof.
    Don't pipes always need to be relit after filling though?
  • VadimusesVadimuses Member Posts: 902 @ - Epic Achaean
    Yep, don't mind me, it already knows that it needs to light them: https://github.com/svof/svof/blob/master/raw-svo.dict.lua#L6532
  • NikkeNikke Member Posts: 4
    I just downloaded the Serpent class, and can't get it to install/unpack via package manager.
  • AesiAesi Member Posts: 1,190 @ - Epic Achaean
    Nikke said:
    I just downloaded the Serpent class, and can't get it to install/unpack via package manager.
    disable your AV, and redownload. I've seen it corrupt those. Especially McAfee
  • NikkeNikke Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2015
    Aesi said:
    Nikke said:
    I just downloaded the Serpent class, and can't get it to install/unpack via package manager.
    disable your AV, and redownload. I've seen it corrupt those. Especially McAfee
    I disabled, and re-downloaded, I'm still having the same issue.

    I'm also on windows 10, if that makes any difference.
  • AesiAesi Member Posts: 1,190 @ - Epic Achaean
    ehhhhhh, folder permissions? Ran in administrator mode? (Mudlet)
  • NikkeNikke Member Posts: 4
    Aesi said:
    ehhhhhh, folder permissions? Ran in administrator mode? (Mudlet)


    Yes and yes, still won't work.
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South AfricaMember Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    While attempting to install, Druid.Svof.v6.zip with Mudlet 2.1 on Linux Mint 17:

    Lua error:/usr/share/games/mudlet/lua/LuaGlobal.lua:29: attempt to index global 'zip' (a nil value)

    Yes, GCMP is active and working according to the map modules.
    Any suggestions welcome :)
  • AmranuAmranu Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    You're missing either luazip or libzip. Not sure which.
  • SeifurSeifur Member Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Yeah, you're missing luazip.

    From LuaGlobal.lua:
    if package.loaded["zip"] then zip = require "zip" end
    retired
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South AfricaMember Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited September 2015
    For future reference:

    Getting SVOF working on Linux Mint 17.1 (mate UI) requires the following:

    (Before doing this, make sure you have the right SVOF zip file for your character downloaded.)

    1. Install everything.

    Through the package installer, install:

    mudlet
    (yes, mudlet is available though the linux mint Software Manager)
    Lua
    LuaFileSystem
    LuaRocks
    LuaPenlight
    7zip
    libzzip and
    libzzip-dev

    2. Install luazip.

    Once those are installed, run this command: sudo luarocks install lauzip

    make sure you have your password :)

    3. Create a new profile.

    Now start up Mudlet and create the profile you wish to use SVOF with. (Yes, rather start with a clean profile.)

    4. Enable GMCP

    Make sure to switch on GMCP by going to settings>>general and selecting the Enable GMCP check box.

    5. Restart:

    Save your settings and exit mudlet, then start it up again, selecting the the profile you just created.

    6. Install SVOF

    Now go to Package Manager in mudlet, click on install in the dialog box that opens, and navigate to the zip file you downloaded for your character class.

    You'll see several entries added to the dialog box, if you have a Druid character like I do, you'll see them added as "Druid svo"

    7. Configure SVOF

    In your mudlet command line, enter the command: vinstall

    You will be asked several questions, answer them accordingly. Read carefully, there are a couple of things you need to think about.

    8. Restart

    You should be ready to play now. Remember to read the user manual for SVOF ... if you find out where it is, please let me know :D

    9. Play

    Play Achaea until your eyes bleed. ... If someone comes to take your keyboard away, enter the following command: dor kill heathen
    KlendathuKei
  • AdetAdet Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Athelas said:

    8. Restart

    You should be ready to play now. Remember to read the user manual for SVOF ... if you find out where it is, please let me know 

    Here: https://svof.github.io/svof/
  • NikkeNikke Member Posts: 4
    Still having issues getting my serpent svof package to unpack in mudlet. It looks as though it is unpacking as usual, but nothing ever appears in the package manager showing it was actually done to allow me to vinstall. Help?
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Adet said:
    Athelas said:

    8. Restart

    You should be ready to play now. Remember to read the user manual for SVOF ... if you find out where it is, please let me know 

    Here: https://svof.github.io/svof/
    Or use the "vhelp" alias.
  • TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,697 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    NDB is highlighting the word 'and'. whois and shows nothing. halp?

     i'm a rebel

  • AradorArador Member Posts: 1,693 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Is SVOF getting support for Multiclass? Or would I have to switch profiles each time?

  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2015
    Arador said:
    Is SVOF getting support for Multiclass? Or would I have to switch profiles each time?
    switch profiles each time

    edit : until someone figures out how to load all the packages at once and only activate the class by drawing which class you are from gmcp
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

  • NaverreNaverre Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I already posted an issue on Github about this. Hopefully, hopefully, I'll have the time to work on it over the next week and get something up and running.

    Basically, I'm planning on consolidating all of the various class packages into svof, and having the system use only the ones needed for your current class, as given by gmcp.Char.Status.class. I'm also hoping to have your defence customisation lists work between classes, so if you're in VDEFS BASIC, your defup and keepup defences will depend on what class you have. General defences being the same between, class-specific only being worried about if and when you're in said class.

    That said, I have no idea when I'd be done with it, or even if someone else won't beat me to the punch (or have better ideas).

    So, multiclass svof support will be coming Soon™.
    SarapisDaironGamden
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Naverre Vadi posted his opinion on the matter here :

    https://github.com/svof/svof/issues/81#issuecomment-143864661

    might find something useful there! 
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

  • NaverreNaverre Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Yep, I'm reading all those. When I get home tonight, I'll dive into it and see what I can do.
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    Naverre said:
    I already posted an issue on Github about this. Hopefully, hopefully, I'll have the time to work on it over the next week and get something up and running.

    Basically, I'm planning on consolidating all of the various class packages into svof, and having the system use only the ones needed for your current class, as given by gmcp.Char.Status.class. I'm also hoping to have your defence customisation lists work between classes, so if you're in VDEFS BASIC, your defup and keepup defences will depend on what class you have. General defences being the same between, class-specific only being worried about if and when you're in said class.

    That said, I have no idea when I'd be done with it, or even if someone else won't beat me to the punch (or have better ideas).

    So, multiclass svof support will be coming Soon™.
    Check race first! Dragon doesn't show as a class.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 1,237 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Had numerous problems with svof since switching. Sileris doesn't def up properly and I've lost entire profile of settings at least twice. :(
    image
Sign In to Comment.