Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Err, Kogan. Not keorin
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ah, did that. Didn't work for me. :(
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    The fix Kogan posted will prevent anyone new from being marked as Immortal. The fix I posted will remove the erroneously marked ones (youll have to rehonours a few immortals). Youll also have to restart mudlet due to the eay svo handles highlights. There may be a way to refresh them, but I dont know off the top of my head.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    The fix Kogan posted will prevent anyone new from being marked as Immortal. The fix I posted will remove the erroneously marked ones (youll have to rehonours a few immortals). Youll also have to restart mudlet due to the eay svo handles highlights. There may be a way to refresh them, but I dont know off the top of my head.
    Found my issue.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Wow! For the moment at least everybody is properly coloured! thank you @Ahmet, Melaina  and  everybody else who helped out!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Prythe said:
    Wow! For the moment at least everybody is properly coloured! thank you @Ahmet, Melaina  and  everybody else who helped out!

For some reason @Kogan
     disappeared from my post.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• So... I'm having the problem where my svo just stops curing things. It's not paused and as far as I know nothing changes, it just goes from curing just fine to doing nothing

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Aralaya said:
    So... I'm having the problem where my svo just stops curing things. It's not paused and as far as I know nothing changes, it just goes from curing just fine to doing nothing
    Have you tried checking DV/DIAG to see if there's something stuck in the queue?

I've had a lot of issues in the past where something was getting by and not getting healed, and it's basically holding everything else up from going through. Never was able to figure out why it was doing it but it's the first thing I check now when stuff stops curing.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• can anyone explain exactly what SVO LIMB HIT event does, and explain how svo uses svo.valid.limb_hit()? 

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    What's the default setting for vconfig releasechannel if I want to change back from testing?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Alaskar said:
    can anyone explain exactly what SVO LIMB HIT event does, and explain how svo uses svo.valid.limb_hit()? 
    It's how you adjust your last hit parry via svof.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Kyrra said:
    What's the default setting for vconfig releasechannel if I want to change back from testing?
    The default setting is "stable".
  • Ok, I was put in my corner by @Lylith yesterday, and this scares me: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/JQZYiFyy

According to the custom prompt tags script it's 'swellskin', but it looks to me like svof doesn't handle it properly?

• edited January 2017
    Swellskin is cured by eating any mineral / plant at all.

So can make make a trigger based on  gmcp.Char.Afflictions.Add to just outr whatever the fuck you want and eat it.

Edit : you probably knew all that and just wanted to see if there was a way to get svof to handle it properly for you. I'll go back to my corner now
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:

So can make make a trigger based on  gmcp.Char.Afflictions.Add to just outr whatever the fuck you want and eat it.

Edit : you probably knew all that and just wanted to see if there was a way to get svof to handle it properly for you. I'll go back to my corner now

Actually didn't know that. In fact, I never even really knew Alchemists were combatants. So you may get out of your corner again :)
  • As Xaden said, it's cured by eating anything that uses herb balance. If you're actually fighting an alchemist you'll also be being afflicted, and eating herbs/minerals to cure, so it tends to take care of itself. Svof does really handle it properly by doing nothing at all because wasting (an extended) herb balance when there's nothing to cure is a bad idea against an affliction class. It's the kind of thing you want to just manually cure if you have it and no other afflictions that require you to eat, and you know you're not going to get any before recovering herb balance (basically if you take a homunculus hit after the alchemist has finished attacking you).
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Is there a GMCP option to pull out Knight Ferocity/Momentum, and how would I set about creating a prompt tag to display that on the prompt? (I don't use the Runewarden SvoF)
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • I don't know, but there's an in game prompt thing for it. (why don't you use Runewarden svof?)

• Coamenel said:
    Xaden said:

Actually didn't know that. In fact, I never even really knew Alchemists were combatants. So you may get out of your corner again :)
    Alchemist is the cutest thing ever with a cute mini lookalike pet. They are not combatants.nope.
  • Aerek said:
    Is there a GMCP option to pull out Knight Ferocity/Momentum, and how would I set about creating a prompt tag to display that on the prompt? (I don't use the Runewarden SvoF)
    Not yet. You can either track using triggers or update your in-game prompt to be custom with the *k tag (knight-specific resources) and then update your svof prompt trigger pattern to match the new prompt. Or you can use triggers for the various lines.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Cooper said:
    I don't know, but there's an in game prompt thing for it. (why don't you use Runewarden svof?)
    Because lacking a multiclass option, I use the Blademaster SvoF, since Runewarden defenses are non-essential things I can handle on my end. I've modded BM SvoF to include the knight limbcounter, but the @weaponmastery prompt tag is apparently more complex than I know how to handle.

Was hoping to avoid writing Momentum tracking for a class that I rarely inhabit these days, but I'll do what I have to do.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Dochitha said:
    Coamenel said:
    Xaden said:

Alchemist is the cutest thing ever with a cute mini lookalike pet. They are not combatants.nope.
    Oi! Welcome back!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited January 2017
    This Immortal thing is pretty irritating... I have a bunch of triggers and such that use city affiliation.  Neither Ahmet's nor Kogan's suggestions seem to work with me, I still got lots of people as Immortal.  I just went through and made it so it never sets anybody to Immortal, cleared out the database, and re-honoursed everyone.  Good enough for now, I suppose.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    This Immortal thing is pretty irritating... I have a bunch of triggers and such that use city affiliation.  Neither Ahmet's nor Kogan's suggestions seem to work with me, I still got lots of people as Immortal.  I just went through and made it so it never sets anybody to Immortal, cleared out the database, and re-honoursed everyone.  Good enough for now, I suppose.
    Ahmet's should clear all people who are currently immortal but won't fix the problem from reoccurring. Mine should fix the problem after you restart as mentioned in an earlier post. Without the restart not sure if it will work. Should fix it. If not I'll look into it more for you.
    edited January 2017
    Ohey it's breaking still.

It's very similar to the issue with the map downloads a while back. Achaea.com is forcing https. @Kogan's fix works, just use oldsite.ironrealms.com instead of www.achaea.com

To summarise
    Kogan said:
    Search for ndb.getinfo function. Find this line:

downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/"..person.."-namedb.html", "http://www.ironrealms.com/game/honors/Achaea/"..person)

Change it to
    downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/"..person.."-namedb.html", "http://oldsite.ironrealms.com/game/honors/Achaea/"..person)

Ahmet said:
    Then copy/paste these into your command line.

vlua db:set(ndb.db.people.immortal, 0)
    vlua for i, n in ipairs({"Aegis", "Artemis", "Aurora", "Babel", "Deucalion", "Gaia", "Lorielan", "Lupus", "Neraeos", "Ourania", "Pandora", "Phaestus", "Prospero", "Sartan", "Scarlatti", "Tlalaiad", "Twilight", "Valnurana", "Vastar", "Sarapis", "Tecton", "Nicola", "Makarios"}) do db:set(ndb.db.people.immortal, 1, db:eq(ndb.db.people.name, n)) end
    Those should fix you up just fine.

Huh. Neat.
  • Aah okay and then restart. Will give that a go if I can remember which bools I flipped to stop immortals from happening haha
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Any ideas/suggestions why Mudlet 3.0.0-iota would crash to desktop whenever I try to install Svof 26 Runewarden via the package manager? It seems to successfully unpack the files, but none of them appear in Mudlet and Mudlet refuses to recognize them.
  • edited January 2017
    Iota on windows ships a flawed sqlite package. Your best bet is to use the stable 2.1 or if you want to use a preview version, use Delta.

Edit: Spelling
  • Keneanung said:
    Iota on windows ships a flawed sqlite package. Your best bet is to use the stable 2.1 or if you want to use a preview version, use Delta.

Edit: Spelling
    Perfect, will downgrade tonight. Guess I should've read the release notes more carefully. 
  • So I've scoured the documentation and custom prompt help, but can't find a prompt tag for Rage. Does one exist undocumented? @Ahmet @Keneanung