Svof

Comments

• Seems there's a slight bug with Doublestrike registering both impatience and epilepsy on every hit.

It should register impatience, then if they have impatience, epilepsy on next hit.

I will provide a log if needed.

(essentially doublestrike does impatience, If they have impatience, it then does epilepsy)
  • Telinus said:
    Seems there's a slight bug with Doublestrike registering both impatience and epilepsy on every hit.

It should register impatience, then if they have impatience, epilepsy on next hit.

(essentially doublestrike does impatience, If they have impatience, it then does epilepsy)
    Totally guessing, but likely down to GMCP affliction tracking being added. If GMCP tells you that you have impatience. then you see the doublestrike line and go "I already have impatience, so I must be getting epilepsy from this", you'll be tracking both on each hit. Disabling that trigger is probably sufficient to fix it.
  • Antonius said:
    Telinus said:
    Seems there's a slight bug with Doublestrike registering both impatience and epilepsy on every hit.

Totally guessing, but likely down to GMCP affliction tracking being added. If GMCP tells you that you have impatience. then you see the doublestrike line and go "I already have impatience, so I must be getting epilepsy from this", you'll be tracking both on each hit. Disabling that trigger is probably sufficient to fix it.
    100% correct.
  • Since I've been back I've been fighting a lot. I noticed that svo likes to relay things I have that I don't really have. It's annoying cause I don't really know what I have when it does that. Is there a reason this happens. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • @Driden often times it's things like above that seem to pop up more often lately (no idea why, or maybe just a higher sensitivity to things). In other places, it's hard to say generally.
    I've been wanting to get rid of a lot of triggers anyways and I have other issues that also depend on this, so if time permits, I'll go through classes and make sure to remove as many triggers as possible.
  • Keneanung said:
    @Driden often times it's things like above that seem to pop up more often lately (no idea why, or maybe just a higher sensitivity to things). In other places, it's hard to say generally.
    I've been wanting to get rid of a lot of triggers anyways and I have other issues that also depend on this, so if time permits, I'll go through classes and make sure to remove as many triggers as possible.
    You work so hard keannug. Is there a place we can donate to you?
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • There are a number of ways!

You can always donate credits or crowns or other stuff that you think is appropriate.

I also have amazon (https://www.amazon.de/registry/wishlist/20AAS3W9RZLAF/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_ws__8pEFybFCTN1KW) and steam (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088584072/wishlist/) wishlists.

If all of this doesn't fit your bill, poke me privately and I'm sure we can figure something out :)
  • Well then!

I will try this when I get home :)

Thank you.
  • But if you are gifted steam games, you won't have time to code!
  • Antonius said:
    Telinus said:

I can confirm that this is indeed the solution to that issue. Thanks @Antonius :)
  • Rangor said:
    But if you are gifted steam games, you won't have time to code!
    On a more serious note, though... Yes, I won't, but it allows me to take some time off and concentrate on something else entirely. And with that I avoid burning out. Just imagine I'd poof from one day to the other without notice or someone to take over...
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Keneanung said:
    Rangor said:
    But if you are gifted steam games, you won't have time to code!
    On a more serious note, though... Yes, I won't, but it allows me to take some time off and concentrate on something else entirely. And with that I avoid burning out. Just imagine I'd poof from one day to the other without notice or someone to take over...
    Yes, please keep @Keneanung from burning out. I'd have to actually do stuff. What a nightmare.
    Huh. Neat.
  • H1Z1 has been my go to so I don't burn out after my Dragon rush... It has been working well :)
  • Subnautica is fun, and pretty, and terrifying. Perfect anti-burnout medication

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • So I'm pretty new to using SVO (was avoiding it forever cause I don't like large-scale systems notgonnalie). Ever since its install it's had problems with the vconfig politics and the colors to go along with it. Randomly it'll revert everyone to showing as rogues and I have to do a vconfig honors on and qw update. This just happened a minute ago, but this time instead of fixing it properly, now everyone is marked in my Gods color despite having run the vconfig honors/qw update. I realize this is a minor "problem" compared to other system issues... but I have no idea how to fix it or why it's breaking like this. Halp? 
  • edited January 2017
    Nataliia said:
    So I'm pretty new to using SVO (was avoiding it forever cause I don't like large-scale systems notgonnalie). Ever since its install it's had problems with the vconfig politics and the colors to go along with it. Randomly it'll revert everyone to showing as rogues and I have to do a vconfig honors on and qw update. This just happened a minute ago, but this time instead of fixing it properly, now everyone is marked in my Gods color despite having run the vconfig honors/qw update. I realize this is a minor "problem" compared to other system issues... but I have no idea how to fix it or why it's breaking like this. Halp? 
    I also have the problem of everyone appear to be Divines. It's a bit unsettling. When I do the QWC everyone I have checked is shown as Immortal. Is there perhaps something going wrong on the Honours check or/on the Divine flag? I upgraded to the SVOF testing release and tried creating a new Mudlet profile from scratch but the issue still appears. Not sure what else there is to try.
  • @Nataliia
    @Mattimeo

Apparently you have to set everyone as "Not divine" according to @Ahmet .  This stems from the website going down for a bit.  You might have to re-login to the website to get it to work properly.
    edited January 2017
    The issue of everyone showing up as Immortals was something that should only have happened today. The honors pages were down, so everyone who was updated by checking those pages got marked immortal (I think? from what I can tell).

vlua db:set(ndb.db.people.immortal, 0)
    vlua for i, n in ipairs({"Aegis", "Artemis", "Aurora", "Babel", "Deucalion", "Gaia", "Lorielan", "Lupus", "Neraeos", "Ourania", "Pandora", "Phaestus", "Prospero", "Sartan", "Scarlatti", "Tlalaiad", "Twilight", "Valnurana", "Vastar", "Sarapis", "Tecton", "Nicola", "Makarios"}) do db:set(ndb.db.people.immortal, 1, db:eq(ndb.db.people.name, n)) end
    Those should fix you up just fine.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Is there a way to make a non-monk svo prompt work properly when I have kai?

Kai shows on my prompt, which I assume is messing up some prompt trigger somewhere, which is stopping everything that would be added to my prompt (like affs) from firing. There anyway to correct that without switching svo versions (since I multiclass)?

• Solid question, would also like to know the answer.
    I have switching svofs down to a science, though, quickest I've went from deffed as one class, to deffed and switched to another was 3 minutes.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • @Ahmet tried your fix, didn't fix it. I'll just give it a bit and try again another day I think. 
  • Farrah said:

Is there a way to make a non-monk svo prompt work properly when I have kai?

Kai shows on my prompt, which I assume is messing up some prompt trigger somewhere, which is stopping everything that would be added to my prompt (like affs) from firing. There anyway to correct that without switching svo versions (since I multiclass)?

Presumably you have the class resource (and possibly other things) in the in-game prompt, and that's what's causing it to screw up? I think you have two main options.

The first is to drop it from the in-game prompt, and let svof handle kai tracking (it's in GMCP so should always be accurate). The downside to that is that you may need that class resource tracking for other classes which can't be tracked via GMCP; not sure if Depthswalker age is shown there (should check this before I waste any more time writing tracking for it), but I know that sword and shield ferocity and dual blunt momentum are, and none of those are in GMCP (yet!).

The second is to modify the pattern on the svo prompt trigger so that it matches what your in-game prompt actually looks like. Main downside here is that you have to make that change every time you update svof OR set something up to disable the svo trigger (I've posted code to do this for various things in this thread) and make your own copy outside of the Svof folders that does the same thing.
  • Okay so I've been having the immortal issue as well. Still had it until recently. Not sure if what I did fixed it or just took out the problem if that makes sense. Before you had this line in the ndb.getinfo function:

downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/"..person.."-namedb.html", "http://www.ironrealms.com/game/honors/Achaea/"..person)

-All I did was change the ironrealms.com to make use of achaea.com. Has been working fine for me so far. Like I said I'm not very experienced with nbd so this may just be hiding the problem instead of fixing it. Here is the following change that I made to the same line above:

downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/"..person.."-namedb.html", "https://www.achaea.com/game/honors/Achaea/"..person)

• The change I posted above seems to work fine since whois <whoever> is updating for level after honours. Which as far as I know can only be pulled from the website.
  • edited January 2017
    Ahmet said:
    The issue of everyone showing up as Immortals was something that should only have happened today. The honors pages were down, so everyone who was updated by checking those pages got marked immortal (I think? from what I can tell).

vlua db:set(ndb.db.people.immortal, 0)
    vlua for i, n in ipairs({"Aegis", "Artemis", "Aurora", "Babel", "Deucalion", "Gaia", "Lorielan", "Lupus", "Neraeos", "Ourania", "Pandora", "Phaestus", "Prospero", "Sartan", "Scarlatti", "Tlalaiad", "Twilight", "Valnurana", "Vastar", "Sarapis", "Tecton", "Nicola", "Makarios"}) do db:set(ndb.db.people.immortal, 1, db:eq(ndb.db.people.name, n)) end
    Those should fix you up just fine.
    WHERE DO I PUT THESE? SORRY FOR THE CAPS - BUT CAN'T GET OUT OF THE QUOTE BOX

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I just totally screwed up all my colors trying to fix the few errant ones with update.

Now everybody is a Divine.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• @Prythe, straight into the box you type game commands into.

Although, I should note that I did this and some names keep reverting back to Divine.
    Melaina Naftis - Spectral Arbiter of the Krymenian Academy
    Yep, turns out the issue is a bit more persistent than I thought, though still has to do with the site update. Keorin's fix works until svo gets updated accordingly.
    Huh. Neat.
  • And.. what is Keorin's fix?
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud