Svof

Comments

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I can't say for certain what the root cause is, only that the system does hang in certain instances where you have, or don't have, defences that it expects you to have. I suspect already having rebounding there when it tried to put it up confused it. Sometimes I will also get into loops of trying to smoke rebounding/use Shin Deaf, until I pause it and let it see those defences finish.

As a public service announcement, SvoF appears to clear all known afflictions any time it cures Timeloop:
    H:803, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,<span>) <br></span>Driden<span> delivers a lightning-fast strike to you with de Sangre's spite.<br></span>As the weapon strikes you, the blade flashes an incandescent white.<span><== Retribution<br></span><span>A set of scales appears over your head and one side quickly descends, as you feel an aura of justice surround you.<br></span><span>The world seems to grow distorted around you, as if through a thick fog.<br></span>  H:333, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp just](-470h, 8.9%) (outr bellwort|eat bellwort<span>)<br></span>Driden takes a drink from a cedarwood vial.<span> (0.117s)<br></span>  H:333, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) <span>[tlp just]<br></span><span>You remove 1 bellwort flower, bringing the total in the Rift to 2407.<br></span><span>You eat a bellwort flower.<br></span>You break out of the feedback loop.<span> (0.206s)<br></span>  H:333, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,<span>)</span>

<br>H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp wea cl sham maso agor](-50m, 1.2%) (<span>touch <br></span>tree<span>)<br></span>You may eat another plant or mineral. (1.508s)<span> (8s)<br></span>  H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp wea cl sham maso agor](outr kelp|eat kelp<span>)<br></span><span>You touch the tree of life tattoo.<br></span><span> ------------------------------------- <br></span><span>|     TOUCHED TREE | TOUCHED TREE     |<br></span><span> ------------------------------------- <br></span>You break out of the feedback loop.<span> (0.383s) (8.107s) (3.432s) (16.575s) (29.729s)<br></span>  H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,<span>) <br></span><span>You remove 1 kelp, bringing the total in the Rift to 2156.<br></span><span>You eat a piece of kelp.<br></span><span>Thank Maya, the Great Mother! Your clumsiness has been cured.<br></span>  H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)
    Caught it doing this several times. Can someone tell me what the GMCP command to call up current afflictions is, and if SvoF will recognize that if I do it? Or do I have a lot of code work to do tonight?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    I can't say for certain what the root cause is, only that the system does hang in certain instances where you have, or don't have, defences that it expects you to have. I suspect already having rebounding there when it tried to put it up confused it. Sometimes I will also get into loops of trying to smoke rebounding/use Shin Deaf, until I pause it and let it see those defences finish.

As a public service announcement, SvoF appears to clear all known afflictions any time it cures Timeloop:
    H:803, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) <br>Driden delivers a lightning-fast strike to you with de Sangre's spite.<br>As the weapon strikes you, the blade flashes an incandescent white.<== Retribution<br>A set of scales appears over your head and one side quickly descends, as you feel an aura of justice surround you.<br>The world seems to grow distorted around you, as if through a thick fog.<br>  H:333, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp just](-470h, 8.9%) (outr bellwort|eat bellwort)<br>Driden takes a drink from a cedarwood vial. (0.117s)<br>  H:333, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp just]<br>You remove 1 bellwort flower, bringing the total in the Rift to 2407.<br>You eat a bellwort flower.<br>You break out of the feedback loop. (0.206s)<br>  H:333, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)

<br>H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp wea cl sham maso agor](-50m, 1.2%) (touch <br>tree)<br>You may eat another plant or mineral. (1.508s) (8s)<br>  H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp wea cl sham maso agor](outr kelp|eat kelp)<br>You touch the tree of life tattoo.<br> ------------------------------------- <br>|     TOUCHED TREE | TOUCHED TREE     |<br> ------------------------------------- <br>You break out of the feedback loop. (0.383s) (8.107s) (3.432s) (16.575s) (29.729s)<br>  H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) <br>You remove 1 kelp, bringing the total in the Rift to 2156.<br>You eat a piece of kelp.<br>Thank Maya, the Great Mother! Your clumsiness has been cured.<br>  H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)
    Caught it doing this several times. Can someone tell me what the GMCP command to call up current afflictions is, and if SvoF will recognize that if I do it? Or do I have a lot of code work to do tonight?
    Most people who had any problems after the dw update had to completely uninstall svof and reinstall it. Not sure why but that fixed it for me. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    With the changes to pots not having to be dropped now for remedies, is there a way to remove that from the remedies stuff on Svof client-side? Or would it have to be done in a future update?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    With the changes to pots not having to be dropped now for remedies, is there a way to remove that from the remedies stuff on Svof client-side? Or would it have to be done in a future update?
    Looks like it needs a deeper change, but I believe I found the place. The january preview (february release) should contain the change.

@Aerek I don't know what you mean with the GMCP command, but there is no "diag" equivalent for GMCP only, but svof will resynchronize on "diag".
  • I though the .List was the diagnose gmcp table?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • You get .List along with the output of diagnose, but it's just that point of time and doesn't update. You can't query .List in any way other than by diagnosing.
  • Antonius said:
    You get .List along with the output of diagnose, but it's just that point of time and doesn't update. You can't query .List in any way other than by diagnosing.
    That's what I meant, yes.
  • Aerek said:

H:803, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) <br>Driden delivers a lightning-fast strike to you with de Sangre's spite.<br>As the weapon strikes you, the blade flashes an incandescent white.<== Retribution<br>A set of scales appears over your head and one side quickly descends, as you feel an aura of justice surround you.<br>The world seems to grow distorted around you, as if through a thick fog.<br>  H:333, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp just](-470h, 8.9%) (outr bellwort|eat bellwort)<br>Driden takes a drink from a cedarwood vial. (0.117s)<br>  H:333, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp just]<br>You remove 1 bellwort flower, bringing the total in the Rift to 2407.<br>You eat a bellwort flower.<br>You break out of the feedback loop. (0.206s)<br>  H:333, M:4340, ecdbk-   34 0/0|5.5/5|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)

<br>H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp wea cl sham maso agor](-50m, 1.2%) (touch <br>tree)<br>You may eat another plant or mineral. (1.508s) (8s)<br>  H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) [tlp wea cl sham maso agor](outr kelp|eat kelp)<br>You touch the tree of life tattoo.<br> ------------------------------------- <br>|     TOUCHED TREE | TOUCHED TREE     |<br> ------------------------------------- <br>You break out of the feedback loop. (0.383s) (8.107s) (3.432s) (16.575s) (29.729s)<br>  H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) <br>You remove 1 kelp, bringing the total in the Rift to 2156.<br>You eat a piece of kelp.<br>Thank Maya, the Great Mother! Your clumsiness has been cured.<br>  H:2253, M:3533, ecdbk-   61 0/0|0/5.4|0/0|6.8 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)

Looks like it's not recognizing the cure message and thus thinking the tree or bellwort cured nothing, meaning you have no bellwort affs or no treeable affs respectively and removing afflictions accordingly.
  • Farrah said:
    Aerek said:

Looks like it's not recognizing the cure message and thus thinking the tree or bellwort cured nothing, meaning you have no bellwort affs or no treeable affs respectively and removing afflictions accordingly.
    Sounds logical. And if this is indeed the cause, it is closely related to some other things I'd like to tackle. It's quite possible that I find the time to look at this far away from internet and without my usual chores...
    Farrah said:

That sounds plausible. I seem to recall that in another instance I ate bellwort and cleared weariness and asthma as well, which wouldn't be explained by that theory, but these are the only two instances I have logged, so I'll keep an eye out for it.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    Is it possible to release just the SvoF Knight limbcounter as a stand-alone addition, so that I can add that to any other class package? That's basically all I need as far as cross-class support.
  • Currently it's not possible, because it uses some internals that are nit available to other packages (that's why they are internal)
  • @Keneanung : Not sure if this is specific to the latest update but it seems like using serverside with svof still focuses with Cadmus (even when unselected).

Also spotted issues with salve priorities versus magi not being recognized.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/XL4-yV58

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Hmm, the "not focusing while you have Cadmus" option doesn't seem to work without using serverside either - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/QDcdJSPN

I'm quite sure this is unique to the latest update, I don't remember focusing with Cadmus being a problem 7 months-ish ago.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Hmm, the "not focusing while you have Cadmus" option doesn't seem to work without using serverside either - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/QDcdJSPN

I'm quite sure this is unique to the latest update, I don't remember focusing with Cadmus being a problem 7 months-ish ago.
    That looked like a soul master force focus to me

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Atalkez said:
    Hmm, the "not focusing while you have Cadmus" option doesn't seem to work without using serverside either - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/QDcdJSPN

That looked like a soul master force focus to me
     It was. We got that much figured out. Definitely still an issue with serverside enabled, though.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited January 2017
    Ahh woops, thanks, forgot about soulmaster force  :s

I was surprised at how quickly he got to Hecate from Cadmus and didn't read properly, assumed it was a bug : https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/VV4j3SiQ

Limbcount off from triggering his transmorg and not re-assessing too, rip

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• That's hierophant. He pacified the souleater specifically so it would use that instead.
  • Is the Magi limb counter accurate? I've changed it to break at 7, but it still seems to get confused after I break a limb once and they fix it.

• edited January 2017
    @Keneanung : I was wondering if the maybevivi function could be left uncommented too? It's pretty useful.

I somehow broke my vivi toggle and it wouldn't stop unignoring limbs when tinkering with this re-commented in the previous update a week-ish ago.

svo.restore.maybevivi = {
    desc = "Use restore if you have 3+ limbs damaged and at least one of them is curable with restore",
    function ()
    local affs = svo.affl
    if not (affs.crippledleftarm or affs.crippledrightarm or affs.crippledleftleg or affs.crippledrightleg)
    then return end
    return svo.countbrokenlimbs() >= 3
    end
    }

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Alaskar said:
    Is the Magi limb counter accurate? I've changed it to break at 7, but it still seems to get confused after I break a limb once and they fix it.
    I have no idea. I didn't look into limbcounters at all and I have no idea how to use them.

@Keneanung : I was wondering if the maybevivi function could be left uncommented too? It's pretty useful.

I somehow broke my vivi toggle and it wouldn't stop unignoring limbs when tinkering with this re-commented in the previous update a week-ish ago.

svo.restore.maybevivi = {
    desc = "Use restore if you have 3+ limbs damaged and at least one of them is curable with restore",
    function ()
    local affs = svo.affl
    if not (affs.crippledleftarm or affs.crippledrightarm or affs.crippledleftleg or affs.crippledrightleg)
    then return end
    return svo.countbrokenlimbs() >= 3
    end
    }

I'll look into it!
  • Keneanung said:
    you mean like
    -- move it to 5 on the sip balance
    vset wristfractures sip 5
    -- move it to 5 on the aeon/retardation priority
    vset wristfractures_sip slowcuring 5
    http://svof.github.io/svof/#moving-individual-priorities
    Cool, didn't know this was possible. More stuff to customize, ugh.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• I cant seem to install the file. I download the file for my class, open mudlet, connect with achaea port 23, GMCP is enabled, i import the file that i downloaded, as soon as i import my mudlet client crashes and closes, when i open it then it shows as the file was installed but the command vinstall doesnt do anything. I tried using mudlet 2.1 and mudlet 3.0 and it was always the same result. Any ideas?
  • Kerad said:
    I cant seem to install the file. I download the file for my class, open mudlet, connect with achaea port 23, GMCP is enabled, i import the file that i downloaded, as soon as i import my mudlet client crashes and closes, when i open it then it shows as the file was installed but the command vinstall doesnt do anything. I tried using mudlet 2.1 and mudlet 3.0 and it was always the same result. Any ideas?
    I got it working guys. I deleted everything completely. Uninstalled and deleted all the mudlet files i could find. Then installes mudlet 2.1 again. Happens to be working so far!
  • I just published the testing release 26.1. This version contains a number of mostly QoL improvements and easy fixes because I was on holiday and invested some time in analysing some issues. I will also tag people who requested the change or that I hope to have a look at it to confirm that those things work outside of isolated testing environments.

- Add bubble pipe to rebounding tracker (Done by @Ahmet, any fighter is welcome to have a closer look)
    - Remove dropping and taking concoctions pot from refiller (requested by @Kyrra )
    - Use GMCP for morph tracking (I hope @Sarathai, @Athelas can have a look at it?)
    - Add sunlight tracking and @sunlight prompttag (maybe the same as above can have a look? IDK)
    - Fix namedb not resetting to correct colours after some echoes (requested by @Iakimen )
    - Uncomment for maybevivi restore strategy (@Exelethril, @Aerek )
    - Update server side focus use on Cadmus (already tested by @Savira, but feel free to double check)
    - remove some meropis dwarf bashing triggers to let gmcp handle the afflictions (requested by @Iakimen )
    - Update known rooms with ourobori in the enchanter (sent to me by @Qwindor a while back, but I just found a bit of time to add it)
    - Make an exception for "mount figurehead" when tracking riding skill and mount (@Ahmet sent in this issue)

This also means promised depthswalker improvements didn't make it in again, sorry!
  • Tanka u

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• @Keneanung can you put the link to the svof github in your banner? I don't wanna go scouring the thread for it pls :(
  • @Aegoth for the testing, you actually want to set "vconfig releasechannel testing". It's not officially released yet. But I can do that
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."